P/X Spitfire...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

Anyone care to share updated ride report on these frames? Any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

These are on sale for £599 at the moment and there's a 10% off code for signing up to the PX newsletter FIRSTSIGNUP22. (They were actually down to £549 for a few days last week). I bought one to replace my CR1 and slung my old etap on it. It's a Walty frame by renowned designer Mark Reilly (sadly desceased), and the finish and welds are excellent to my (untrained) eye. With fairly chunky tubes (tapered head and 31.8 seat), it's not a light frame (~1500 g for frame and 350 g for fork), but easily builds to 7.5 - 8.0 kg, and there's enough clearance for my 30 mm P-Zeros. The seat tube is quite short so I ended up getting an L because my seat post was too far extended with the M. I've been out for a few rides and it feels smooth and fast, although I suspect the Ti snobs will turn their nose up at it! :D

Slammed with 28 mm tan walls

With Kinlin XR-31s and 30 mm P-Zeros

After a wet ride with Quickguard v2s

Not a Titus, I just wanted some kind of badge to fill the space since they're not supplied with the PX one

hubert222

by hubert222

Hi bobones, do you mind to tell the lenght from BB to your saddle ? Thank you very much.
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp

tarmackev

by tarmackev

@bobones That's a great looking bike. If I was riding Ti it seems like a crazy bargain!

Nixster

by Nixster

They’re now £499…
Nothing wrong with Waltly frames. Tubing will be straight gauge so maybe not ‘lively’ but certainly robust. Fork is not the lightest or most attractive but easily changed for Columbus or similar.
But I really don’t need a third Ti bike 😀

joeeboh

by joeeboh

30mm clearance is wild

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bobones

by bobones

joeeboh wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 am
30mm clearance is wild
Yip, pleasantly surprised by this given the official specs say 25 mm. My usual setup on this bike is the aformentioned 30 mm Pirelli P Zero Race TLR on Kinlin XR-31T (19 mm internal) rims. I've now done about 900 miles on this bike and really love the comfort and handling. I've replaced the 11-speed eTap with SRAM Rival AXS RD, FD, Red AXS shifters, Shimano CS-R8100 11-34 cassette, CN-M8100 chain, SRAM Red GXP 11 speed crank and Praxis Buzz 52/36 12-speed rings - shifting is spot-on. Tyre clearance is tight under front caliper and near FD band clamp at seat tube, but there's no rubbing or noise even in the wet.

Seems there's only Large and XL left, but £450 (with 10% off code for newletter sign-up) is some bargain for such a nice frame.