New Look bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ritxis

by Ritxis

dgasmd wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 pm
Those pictures and that bike are shown on the LOOK website as to 795 light and AEROlight versions. Look them up.
Look 795 light/Aerolight this is
Look-proto-Dauphine-2018-003.jpg
The new Look is
Look-proto-Dauphine-2018-003 (1).jpg

muti

by muti

The rumour is that is going to be offered both in disc and rim brake versions.The seatpost is not intergrated and the elastomers are transferred in the frame-seatpost junction.The clamping mechanism is between the upper end of the seatstays.Expect a clamping mechanism that resembles that of the Basso Diamante SV.Most probably it is going to be called 795 Blade.
Last edited by muti on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Looks great but a bit old school. A return to form after the 795 light hideousness.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I’m super excited about this. In my book the new 785 huez is already a big win. Having a more traditional aero version that replaces the sort-of-cool-but-sort-of-funky ducking of the 795 Light would be awesome. From these photos at least, I like what I’m seeing and love that it’s a return to more traditional roots.

To each his own, but in my opinion too many of the ‘aero’ frames out there are either weird looking and will simply look dated in a couple years. Nothing quite like the clean lines of a trad style + a little technology and flare thrown in.

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

MiddMan wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:14 pm
I’m super excited about this. In my book the new 785 huez is already a big win. Having a more traditional aero version that replaces the sort-of-cool-but-sort-of-funky ducking of the 795 Light would be awesome. From these photos at least, I like what I’m seeing and love that it’s a return to more traditional roots.

To each his own, but in my opinion too many of the ‘aero’ frames out there are either weird looking and will simply look dated in a couple years. Nothing quite like the clean lines of a trad style + a little technology and flare thrown in.
I agree. I hope they can also keep the weight down.

Tracerboy

by Tracerboy

Any news and better pictures from this ?
This is definately interesting new frame.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

https://www.lookcycle.com/en/velo/795-aerolight-rs/

Looks like the same as the one in the pict above with the yellow cables. The one in the back in the pict above does have a different seatpost/seat mast entrance into the junction and a different headtube. So, yes, while they both may be different new bikes, at least one doesn't seem to be.

Just going by the pictures in the website. I have no insider knowledge!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Not one participant in this thread claimed the bike in the foreground with yellow cables is a new bike. You inferred that all by yourself for mysterious reasons.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

2 bikes in a single picture and a general question asked without specifying which. One was clearly as seen in their website. The other looked pretty similar as well to one of the current models and paint scheme. Maybe you all inferred one and I inferred the other. Either way, I’ll be kissing my children for the last time so you can crucify me for such transgression, oh dear keyboard master!!

mag

by mag

So it's officially 795 Blade RS, can be seen at Eurobike: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/prod ... ons-385647

There's also 785 Huez RS Disc: https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/gear-new ... rake-bike/

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Hopefully that also means the end of the proprietary crank and brake limitations, neither of which seemed to have been welcomed by anyone.

wingguy

by wingguy

dgasmd wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:22 pm
2 bikes in a single picture and a general question asked without specifying which. One was clearly as seen in their website.
Exactly. One which was clearly a current production model, and the other one which was clearly a totally new and different bike. Yes, which one could the "New Look bike" title possibly be referring to?

You're right, it's a mystery :lol: