New bike advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simurs4

by simurs4

Hey guy, i´m currently in need of abit of advice. I`m looking at buying a new roadie but am not really sure which route I want to take.
I`ve recently relocated from Australia to Germany and sadly left all of my roadies back home (Which means now I get to buy a new bike atleast!)
I plan on having all my bikes brought over eventually and currently have a `17 Cervelo S5, `12 S Works Tarmac SL3 and `12 S Works Venge in my stable.
Before I left my Cervelo was more or less my go to bike for everything and the Tarmac was relagated to commuting duties and considering my new current location so close to the alps I am wanting a pure climbing bike with either semi or full compact gears. All of my bikes currently have standard 53/39 gears with either 11-23 or 11-26 blocks.
I am also unsure if I want to delve into disc brakes, which I suppose makes wanting to have a climbing bike seem redudant if I will just weigh it down with disc brakes...
I am looking at spending a max of 3,500 EU for a complete bike and would prefer for it to have full Ultegra, my Cervelo has Dura Ace and my Tarmac has Sram Red so Ultegra will do me just fine and I am not fussed if its Di2 or mechanical, either will work.
Currently I have been looking at Canyons Ultimate CF SLX rim brake and Focus Izalco Max Ultegra.
My issues with these 2 bikes are the best colourways are for the disc brake bikes, the rim brake bikes seem to get the duller, cheaper looking colourways, IMO.

I`m after some suggestions for other bikes to look at, I am not a fan of Giant bikes at all, so won`t be going down that route, but I am open to most other bikes.

Thanks for any help :)

dim

by dim

Giant TCR SL, Scott addict, Fuji
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muti

by muti

Look 785(non rs)with ultegra 8000.Plus you take the advantage of being in Europe and try something different.The frame mold is the same as the RS just not using a more complex carbon layout which makes it a little bit heavier.Upgrade it with some good wheelset later(because it deserves so)and you got yourself a great bike.