Caad10 + good wheels vs Caad12, crit bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

Hey guys,

I need some advice for my first crit bike.

Is the Caad12 worth the upgrade? Or should i get a Caad10 and invest the money I save (aprox.400-6000 euro) in 2nd hand wheels.
Futhermore due to the fact geometry in term of stack/reach ratio changes alot when going bigger i'm willing to go for a 58cm frame. But with 6'4 I am curious if this will fit. My legs are pretty long 37.4(95cm) inseam and my arm are short. So a shorter toptube would not be a problem.

The bike that I am currently looking at is this one unfortunately this bike is not sold with those zipp wheels. Do you guys think this bike is reasonably priced?
https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietsen-en ... ousPage=lr
I hope to end up with something like this for around 1400-1600 euro if that is possible. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

Or i could buy one of those for 1300 eur, 6 months of use on this bike, looks like new . In size 60, how much does the frame react differently in term of stiffness and hardcore handeling when the stack/reach ratio increase

Last edited by CycloAMS on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themidge

by themidge

I haven't ridden either, but I don't think upgrading just from the caad 10 to 12 is really worth it. You'll get a bike that is, going by most reviews very good, but not a huge amount better than the 10.
IMO if you want to upgrade, you should get something a lot better like a supersix or other top end carbon bike, but perhaps you wouldn't want to be racing such an expensive bike?

tinozee

by tinozee

I'm 6'3" with 37 inseam and 58 fits perfect. I use about 13cm drop, and a 13cm stem. It doesn't even show a crazy amount of seatpost, unlike a lot of sloped frames. Caad10 with nicer wheels I guess I'd do. But wheels can get pretty rekt in racing. Bike24 has deals time to time on those complete caads, Ultegra ones even.

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

I can get a new Caad12 ultegra for like 1700€, but i found somebody who is selling his as new supersix evo for 1300€.
Do these have different handeling or do you guys have a preference? And is the difference big between these frame sizes?

Edited: the previous post with a picture

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

tinozee wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:32 pm
I'm 6'3" with 37 inseam and 58 fits perfect. I use about 13cm drop, and a 13cm stem. It doesn't even show a crazy amount of seatpost, unlike a lot of sloped frames. Caad10 with nicer wheels I guess I'd do. But wheels can get pretty rekt in racing. Bike24 has deals time to time on those complete caads, Ultegra ones even.
Darn tall legs too...

Nhmountainman

by Nhmountainman

I have both, but riding smaller framsets. I feel the 12 fits a little bigger and I like the way it handles the road better...so much so that I don’t ride the 10 much anymore... the 10 transmits more negative road feedback...12 is a little smoother and quieter. IMO.

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

Hey guys,

My LBS offered me a great deal on a brand-new Caad12 ultegra 58cm for 1600€. I'm buying this one!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CycloAMS

by CycloAMS

Update, now still with aksium wheels.

Soon with carbon rims, I lend my friend his wheels just for an impression!

Looks nice with classic tubes.
Attachments
IMG-20180612-WA0000.jpeg
IMG-20180612-WA0002.jpeg