new bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I'm about to book a space at euro bike. Rock n roll lubes are coming to the EU.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Two things:
1. my vote is for a Look 785.
2. I’m curious @bm0p700f if you have build threads or photos for any of your other bikes?
I clicked the link in your signature but that seems to go to your business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well look replaced the 795 as there was a crack in the BB shell. It worth noting for the new 795 look have gone to bb86 as the zed3 cranks have been an issue. So much for the u.k distributor saying I was the only one they knew if with a problem. The problem is pressing the bearings into the car on shell. The zed2 cranks don't have this issue as the bearings don't press into the frame.

Also I got my 785 today. Now what groupset record 12 speed, rotor Uno, campag EPs, Shimano di2 or do I fit boutique cranks (extralite), brakes (ee).

I am tempted by the rotor groupset but record 12 speed is cheaper and looks sweater. Maybe I should try Shimano Dura ace. I know what wheels tyres and pedals I am using though.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

bm0p700f wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:35 pm
Well look replaced the 795 as there was a crack in the BB shell. It worth noting for the new 795 look have gone to bb86 as the zed3 cranks have been an issue. So much for the u.k distributor saying I was the only one they knew if with a problem. The problem is pressing the bearings into the car on shell. The zed2 cranks don't have this issue as the bearings don't press into the frame.

Also I got my 785 today. Now what groupset record 12 speed, rotor Uno, campag EPs, Shimano di2 or do I fit boutique cranks (extralite), brakes (ee).

I am tempted by the rotor groupset but record 12 speed is cheaper and looks sweater. Maybe I should try Shimano Dura ace. I know what wheels tyres and pedals I am using though.
I was also very tempted by the UNO till I spoke to a buddy who worked there (now at Cervelo) who said, sadly, they've had significant problems with it and they dont work as they should.

Jugi

by Jugi

I may remember this incorrectly, but I think the Cervelo-Bigla women's world tour team was supposed to use Rotor Uno last season. There were promo pictures with the groupsets on the bikes.

However in actual racing pictures the groupsets had a striking similarity to Shimano Di2...

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Jugi wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:55 pm
I may remember this incorrectly, but I think the Cervelo-Bigla women's world tour team was supposed to use Rotor Uno last season. There were promo pictures with the groupsets on the bikes.

However in actual racing pictures the groupsets had a striking similarity to Shimano Di2...
I believe Diminsion Data was offered the same but the wrenches for DD said no go. So the UNO stayed off the team bikes. Not sure I can get used to the indexing at the deraillieur. Heard that lever feel is basically non exsistent.