Wippermann with Campy 11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

Anyone used the Wippermann 11SX chain with Campy? Is it as good as a Campy chain?

Also, has anyone used a Wipperman connecting link with a Campy 11s chain?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I can only tell you that the Wippermann 11SX does not work as well for me on eTap as a Campy or KMC X11SL chain. The Connex link is fine. I use them on all my chains though the one I use on my Campy Record chain now only seems to fit that chain. I can’t squeeze the pin into the rollers of any other chain anymore.

The Wippermann chain looks less sculpted and is .12mm wider than a Campy chain, but air wouldn’t be able to tell you if that’s why my shifts are lazier with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

joeyb1000 wrote:Anyone used the Wippermann 11SX chain with Campy? Is it as good as a Campy chain?

Also, has anyone used a Wipperman connecting link with a Campy 11s chain?
A couple of years back I had a bad experience putting non-Campy chains with their 11sp stuff... never looked back at using anything other than Campy chains.

If you are trying to save money, go for the Chorus or Athena chains...

bontie

by bontie

I have used various Wipperman on Campagnolo,with no issues.
Connex link are my go to links, if I can find them in the UK (at reasonable prices)

PsyDoc

by PsyDoc

I recently had a similar issue as TobinHatesYou. The Connex link, which I've used exclusively since 9-speed, would not fit through the rollers of my 11-speed chain. My chain was Shimano, though. I had recently ordered 5 of the Connex links and was able to piece together a set that would go through the rollers. The Connex link had no issues with the KMC chain I replaced.