Ybn ti 11 speed chains

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ride1970

by ride1970

Hi, I’ve tried searching but not getting recent info. I’m considering buying this chain to go with etap, claviculas and praxis rings. Does anyone have some experience/feedback of this chains performance.
Thanks in advance :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I found YBN’s steel chains heavier than claimed and heavier than just about every other brand of chain except Wippermann, so I’m not sure you would save that much weight going with a Ti chain. You would lose significant durability though as it is a far more ductile metal than steel.

ride1970

by ride1970

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 pm
I found YBN’s steel chains heavier than claimed and heavier than just about every other brand of chain except Wippermann, so I’m not sure you would save that much weight going with a Ti chain. You would lose significant durability though as it is a far more ductile metal than steel.
From what I’ve read on here, it’s a ti coating on a steel chain. I don’t find any real longer term reviews though.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

There’s YBN chains with a Titanium-Nitride plating and there’s another much more expensive chain with titanium rollers (though it turns out the plates and pins are steel.)

Regarding YBN’s coating process, my black coated YBN chains started losing their coating immediately on the inner plates, so whatever their doing is inferior to KMC’s plating method.

wongp

by wongp

Anyone else had ybn sla110?

Tried to get this work with etap, xg1190 11-32 and 50/34 rotor q-rings. It doesn't shift well.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Good luck to all you guys trying to get crisp trouble free, front shifting with non yaw components.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Orbital

by Orbital

I’m running YBN with Campagnolo. Shifts fine. Little
Noisy. The gold coating is almost completely gone however.

djel

by djel

I just ordered a new YBN SLA 11 speed as I need to replace the original Sram one (works well, but too short)

I decided to go with YBN to try based on ZFC's testing; will see how it goes matched with Squirt.

The Ti version is identical to SLA, but the rollers are in titanium.
The YBN SLA remains Zero Friction Cycling’s top recommendation due to it’s overall balance of outright efficiency, outstanding longevity, and coatings that get along very well with fastest lubricants on the market (Mspeedwax / UFO etc). The YBN SLA is very fast, typically within around 0.5w of fastest chain (dura ace) however it has approx 50% greater longevity vs Dura Ace / Ultegra chains.

The patented Nickel PTFE low friction coating on YBN also match up extremely well with mspeedwax for longer run per wax treatment before sounding and feeling dry.

*Note – as chains wear their efficiency drops. Dura Ace chains are a touch faster out of the box, but possibly for a shorter window of time before this advantage is matched or reversed in favour of YBN.

For those looking for the best balance of outright speed, retaining low friction performance for a very long time, class leading outright longevity & weight, best compatibility with mspeedwax / wax based lubricants, as well as outstanding shift performance – ZFC still ranks the YBN SLA as on balance the best 11speed chain on the market.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

the YBN SLA 11 speed works very well. no issues with it and saves a few grams. but it is quite expensive to save about 10-15 grams over a regular chain, like a campy record which have hollowed out pins.

wongp

by wongp

mike wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:21 pm
the YBN SLA 11 speed works very well. no issues with it and saves a few grams. but it is quite expensive to save about 10-15 grams over a regular chain, like a campy record which have hollowed out pins.
What groupset/drive train you're running?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com