Commuter Frame suggestion (discs, fenders, 28c tires, light)

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
MichaelB

by MichaelB

+1 for the Kinesis. I've got one and already done over 4,500km since I built it at Xmas (and 48,000m elevation).

Sub 8kg might be a stretch, but it fits all your other requirements. Discs are flat mountsand I run a dynohub, and used the upper frame internal routing for the wire. I got my frame for A$760 which is about USD$570. Bargain.

by Weenie

mentok

by mentok

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:25 am
I got my frame for A$760 which is about USD$570. Bargain.
Where from? CRC had limited sizes for something like that last week, but now sold out. Frustratingly, the Aithein disc can be had cheaper than the racelight :\

Also, assuming you're michaelb from bicycles.net.au?

DarthKrutall

by DarthKrutall

MichaelB wrote:
+1 for the Kinesis. I've got one and already done over 4,500km since I built it at Xmas (and 48,000m elevation).

Sub 8kg might be a stretch, but it fits all your other requirements. Discs are flat mountsand I run a dynohub, and used the upper frame internal routing for the wire. I got my frame for A$760 which is about USD$570. Bargain.
Yeah, agree it’s going to be tight on the 8kg mark. I got the spreadsheet going and the scales out each time I buy a new part
But if I do get sub 8kg excluding pedals, bottle cages and computer mount I’d be happy. Going with discs seems to be where you get stung

A and in AUD? I got mine for $560 AUD from Pushy’s, was a real bargain I couldn’t pass up at the time especially as it was in my correct size

MichaelB

by MichaelB

mentok wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:54 am
MichaelB wrote:
I got my frame for A$760 which is about USD$570. Bargain.
Where from? CRC had limited sizes for something like that last week, but now sold out. Frustratingly, the Aithein disc can be had cheaper than the racelight :\

Also, assuming you're michaelb from bicycles.net.au?
Bought from a local seller in Aus, Pushys.

And yes :D

And @ DarthKrutall - yep, you got a better deal. A week after I bought mine, the price went down :roll:

mentok

by mentok

Guess I'm setting up a scraper for pushys then ;) Can't bring myself to pay $900 when they've been as low as 560 :o