S-Works Venge 2019

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

tomtom wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:29 am
Thought this topic was about the Venge 2019.....
Sorry for my part. There was a slight tangent for venge alternatives. Back to the venge, still the sexiest bike in the market :thumbup:

by Weenie

tommsup

by tommsup

zik wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 am
Need your advice I'm going to buy new bike I have two options:
1.S-works Venge 2020 (roval cl50, sram force etap) with good discount price
2.Build by myself standard Tarmac SL7 (non s-works) with similar wheels and groupset.
I never had a Venge bike, previously I've used Tarmac, I'm living in mixed terrain but have more hills than flat roads.
I'm thinking go to Venge but I'm already over 40 so more looking for comport than results (I do not race).
If I will put the trigger for Venge and will mount on it 28mm tires and any comfortable saddle like s-works mirror, is this bike still acceptable on hilly terrains and even on longer rides?

thank you for help.

The s-works and non s-works 2020 venge frames are exactly the same frame, but with different labels. Your 1. is similar to the 2020 pro-build with but different labels. The discounted price should be compared to the retail price for a pro build. Specialized is claiming that the SL7 is both faster and lighter, but be aware that your are comparing the top of the line 12r venge frame and the 10r tarmac frame. Personally I would choose the Venge if the price is low enough, but if you dont race the SL7 might be the better choice for better comfort and versatility. Have a look at the pro-level Athos as well.

zik

by zik

Venge frame s-works or pro is fact 11r carbon not 12r.
Local Bike shop will offer me S-works Venge bike for approx 6700USD (slightly used sram force etap groupset and roval cl50 from their demo bike, the rest is new, s-works venge frameset 2020 white, aerofly2 bar, stem, seatpost etc.)
The new Venge Pro 2020 cost approx 8600USD
So I think that is quite good offer, I am still hesitant but rather will take a risk and go for a venge, yes I do mostly recreational rides but I'm riding solo, and very often I like to push to my limits to beat my records or fight againsts other on local strava segments, I'm not getting any younger so when to try something new if not now.

parkkiback

by parkkiback

it is my dream bike..

ODC

by ODC

Anyone tried to instal the venge stem on a new Tarmac sl7?

blind76

by blind76

Which bottle cages dor sw venge carbon satin - black?

Rib cage black mat, rib cage black glossy, black elite vico carbon? Something else?

wintershade

by wintershade

Has anyone gotten 160 rear rotors on their 2020 Venge? If so, what parts/adapters do I need?

1202thomas

by 1202thomas

wintershade wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:22 am
Has anyone gotten 160 rear rotors on their 2020 Venge? If so, what parts/adapters do I need?
I just build a Venge with a mechanical groupset and 160mm rotors. For the rear you will need the adapter shown in the picture attached.
Shimano_Scheibenbremsadapter_f_r_Flat_Mount[640x480].jpg

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

I have to say that even now the Venge is probably the best-looking bike on the road. How can you not love the shape, design, etc? That said as awesome as I think the Venge is. I am building up an S-Works SL7. That takes nothing away from the pure awesomeness that is the Venge. It is simply that for my needs I think the SL7 is a better fit.

johnrho

by johnrho

blind76 wrote:Which bottle cages dor sw venge carbon satin - black?

Rib cage black mat, rib cage black glossy, black elite vico carbon? Something else?
I put Enve cages on mineImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ill principe

by ill principe

blind76 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm
Which bottle cages dor sw venge carbon satin - black?

Tune Wasserträger 2.0, used them for 4 years now. Durable, doesn´t become scratched by bottles. Matches the bike perfectly, and weight/price-wise hard to beat outside of "no name ali cages".
Current:
S-Works SL7, build in progress

Retired:
S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento

blind76

by blind76

I had a few chain sucks when I changed from big to small chainring on climb...
That was my first ride on a brand new Venge with Dura Ace Di2 and S-Works power cranks.
Except that everything runs smoothly.
What can I do with that? I ordered it online (from abroad) so I cannot give them to fix it.

ill principe

by ill principe

During my two seasons on my Venge I experienced this twice, when shifting from big to small (with quite high cadence). Luckily I installed a really thick protective plastic btw chainrings and frame when building the bike so the only traces of these incidents was small swirls in the paint on the underside of the chainstay further back.

My conclusion was that it was due to chain length. I ran 52/36 praxis rings (on a quarq dzero) and 11-28 cassette (8070 Di2 on the bike). When sizing the chain with big-big + 2 links method it looked good on big -big but on small-small (which isn´t allowed on Di2) the RD could not retain proper chain tension. AFAIK long chain equals risk of chain suck.

But, when shortening the chain it did feel to stretched in big-big. See picture below. So I ended up thinking that the combo of chainrings/casette/rd/chain stay lenght gave this issue. But I´m eager to hear other peoples view on this.

Current:
S-Works SL7, build in progress

Retired:
S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento

ryanw

by ryanw

Way, way, waaaay too short.

You need to adjust your low limit on the front mech to stop inner chain drops.

Chain length should be done on the bike and adjusted by eye, don't rely on "Shimano says" method.

Every bike is different and should be treated as such. A DM hanger will change chain length compared to standard.

You have a B-tension screw for a reason, this can fix most tension issues if chain is pretty much the right length.
Allez Sprint Disc - 7.60kg
SL7 S-Works - 6.66kg
www.rhinosworkshop.co.uk
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

blind76

by blind76

ryanw wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:46 pm
Way, way, waaaay too short.

You need to adjust your low limit on the front mech to stop inner chain drops.

Chain length should be done on the bike and adjusted by eye, don't rely on "Shimano says" method.

Every bike is different and should be treated as such. A DM hanger will change chain length compared to standard.

You have a B-tension screw for a reason, this can fix most tension issues if chain is pretty much the right length.
How do you suggest to adjust low limit to prevent this?