S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Waynen

by Waynen

So weight including pedals but without bar tape is 6,91kg total. Build with DT Swiss wheels will be sub 7 and when the CLX50 wheels arrive it will be around 6,880 total including pedals. Thats around 400g saving on a factory S-Works

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Would the Venge Pro be available as a frameset soon in Europe?

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Waynen wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:51 pm
So weight including pedals but without bar tape is 6,91kg total. Build with DT Swiss wheels will be sub 7 and when the CLX50 wheels arrive it will be around 6,880 total including pedals. Thats around 400g saving on a factory S-Works
:thumbup: For an aero bike, this is really impressive. This new venge is becoming quite a desirable proposition.

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Yeah, but I just still can't over the terrible choice in colors. In the mountains there may be a bigger difference, but on the flats (where I live) all of these latest bikes are going to be within a whisker of one another in the real world (i.e. there is something like +/- 4 watts difference at 40kmh between all of them), so why not pick based on visual appeal? Frankly, I think the Venge color options may be the worst of the lot for all of the 2019 releases thus far. Quite frustrating as I was actually looking forward to this bike for some time.

andreas

by andreas

I think the Venge Pro in black with the holographic logo looks good, no? Not available as a frameset though.

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

^^^ It would have been great a few years back, but now every aero bike is black. It's time to bring back the colors if for no other reason than to give everyone some options. The flat grey with yellow is a start, and I don't expect them to go full custom like Trek, but let's see at least 2 or 3 other combinations. Offering black and just one other color combo is very weak.

cerro

by cerro

bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Don't think so as the Pro and S-Works is the same frame

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

ScottinFL wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 pm
^^^ It would have been great a few years back, but now every aero bike is black. It's time to bring back the colors if for no other reason than to give everyone some options. The flat grey with yellow is a start, and I don't expect them to go full custom like Trek, but let's see at least 2 or 3 other combinations. Offering black and just one other color combo is very weak.
Give them six months. One would think they'll get to at least the same color choice as the Tarmac by mid 2019 - if nothing else, to give a sales boost to a no-longer "fresh" model. You might even catch a frameset on sale for 20% off MSRP. I'll be waiting for that, personally.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

cerro wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 pm
bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Don't think so as the Pro and S-Works is the same frame
Same frame?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Yes, they are identical frames.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 am
Give them six months. One would think they'll get to at least the same color choice as the Tarmac by mid 2019 - if nothing else, to give a sales boost to a no-longer "fresh" model. You might even catch a frameset on sale for 20% off MSRP. I'll be waiting for that, personally.
maybe.... but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. They didn't offer many different colorway options in the ViAS or ViAS disc, usually just 2 per year. For the first gen. Venge, they did offer a LOT of options.... usually the different team liveries and a few special colorways as special editions for Marquee riders like Boonen, Sagan, Cav, etc.... considering they already have the Sagan collection model, I don't know if they'll do any other special models for the current riders... given the season that Viviani has had, maybe they do a special model for him. They just released the "Italia" version of the Allez Sprint, which I almost feel like was a nod to him, maybe they come out with a special model... or maybe Gaviria?

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Ron Jones the head paint designer for Specialized, aka notenoughswedes on instagram has said in the past that matte black bikes are still king for the high end market. Something about generally when someone is going to drop $10k+ they prefer a non divisive and safe paint choice that they won’t tire of in a year.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

People are generally boring/safe. Look at any luxury car lot...90% of the cars are black, white, silver or metallic gray.

Specialized is usually a little bolder than that though... it’s like Trek and Specialized swapped roles this time around.

hannawald

by hannawald

If you want light you need black:) Trek paints will be pretty heavy. But really nice, i agree.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

^^^ It seems this is the choice and, apparently, you never can have it all. The perfect combo would be Trek paints on the Spec bikes. Ugh, this is all making the BMC TMR01 more appealing, which is very close it seems to the Venge attributes, but somewhat better color options (at least there is red and white). Although I'll admit those are somewhat weak as well. And I have no idea how hard it would be to keep clean a matte white bike :( Maybe I can have it clear coated right off?