S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

L3X

by L3X

Thats correct. The bottom spacer that sits right above the frame is mandatory and covers the headset bearing. The top spacer is shaped to match the stem and route the cables out to the handlebars. Both of these don't have the cut in them for easy removal. Any spacer that you put in between these does have the cut in them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

siovene

by siovene

Thanks. So I guess there's no way to slam it even more? No way to place a shorter headset cover?

Henryexige

by Henryexige

siovene wrote:Thanks. So I guess there's no way to slam it even more? No way to place a shorter headset cover?
You can opt for a -12 degree stem like I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siovene

by siovene

I already have one :)

Henryexige

by Henryexige

siovene wrote:I already have one :)
Ok that case get a smaller frame n longer stem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siovene

by siovene

I don't think it would be a good idea. I run a 52 with a 120mm stem and I feel like my position is perfect. Frankly I was just wondering about that 0.5 cm spacer, but it's okay the way it is :-)

andreas

by andreas

Looks like I'm at the maximum insert for the 390mm seatpost for the 56cm frame. Would it be ok to just cut it a couple of centimeters, or do I need to order the pricey $300 300mm seatpost?

Also, is it delivered with or without setback on the stock (Pro) setup?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

siovene wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm
I don't think it would be a good idea. I run a 52 with a 120mm stem and I feel like my position is perfect. Frankly I was just wondering about that 0.5 cm spacer, but it's okay the way it is :-)
Since the new Venge doesn't have to use its own stem,
you can switch to any other -17 or -20 degree stem.
Then switch both headset cap to the one that accept cable from the front, and ditch the spacer under the stem away.

Cable will be visible, under the stem but get into headtube normally.
See pieces in the bottom row here: https://www.amaincycling.com/specialize ... 11/p864852
Center left is headset cap for Venge stem (pair with left most spacer of top row)
Center right is headset cap for any other stem.

Bigmac

by Bigmac

andreas wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 pm
Looks like I'm at the maximum insert for the 390mm seatpost for the 56cm frame. Would it be ok to just cut it a couple of centimeters, or do I need to order the pricey $300 300mm seatpost?

Also, is it delivered with or without setback on the stock (Pro) setup?
Can't see any reason not to cut a couple of centimeters off the post, I've not done it on this version but i've done it on other bikes. Standard seatpost comes with 20mm of setback or at least mine did!

jmechy

by jmechy

ichobi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:03 am
jmechy wrote:
robeambro wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:48 am
Hi guys, sorry if it’s a repetitive question but here goes: what Wahoo mount are you using on your Aerofly handlebars?

I bought a Precotec mount but the bolt snapped at 5nm and I’m not quite sure I want to use it even if they send a replacement bolt.

Edit: I should mention I have a Tarmac, so no Venge stem
I installed Aerofly II bars on my tarmac with an F3 cycling mount. It was a major pain to set up - make sure you read ALL the instructions and grease the bolts, and even buy the brace to help with the install. That said, now that it's installed I like it.
What stem do use with your aerofly bsr? Am running a tarmac and debating if I should get the aerofly 2 bar as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I think any standard stem would work. I just have the same 3T ARX II Pro I also had with my last set of bars.

Bigmac

by Bigmac

jmechy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm
robeambro wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:48 am
Hi guys, sorry if it’s a repetitive question but here goes: what Wahoo mount are you using on your Aerofly handlebars?

I bought a Precotec mount but the bolt snapped at 5nm and I’m not quite sure I want to use it even if they send a replacement bolt.

Edit: I should mention I have a Tarmac, so no Venge stem
I installed Aerofly II bars on my tarmac with an F3 cycling mount. It was a major pain to set up - make sure you read ALL the instructions and grease the bolts, and even buy the brace to help with the install. That said, now that it's installed I like it.
I was using a pair of Aerofly bars on a Tarmac but fancied the Aerofly 2. The first issue was that they dont come with the cable bats. Managed to pick up a pair of those but once fitted to an S-Works SL stem, they took up the space of the computer mount. Removed the bats which then exposed the threaded inserts that the bats connected to, which looked a bit naf - went back to the original Aerofly bars. The Aerofly 2 bars look great but unless you have a stem that has an out front computer mount, they may not look great. I thought of using a new Venge stem but was advised against it! It really is a shame but it's really only suited to the Venge. One would have thought it might have been multi use but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

andreas

by andreas

I can sign off on the fact that the integrated cabling is hell to work with if you are planning on experimenting with different stem lengths and angles, lol. Stock setup can barely cater for a 10mm longer stem, and if you want to go for -12 degrees; get ready to do some brake bleeding!

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

A question to the venge owners here. How difficult is it to take of the bar or both bar and stem for travel. Thinking of fit into the boxes that require the bar/stem to be stowed next to the fork, like the B&W hard box, etc.

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Not particularly difficult at all. Only thing that has to be accounted for is that the cables won't allow you to move the bars away from the frame as much as with typical setups.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Bigmac wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 pm
The Aerofly 2 bars look great but unless you have a stem that has an out front computer mount, they may not look great. I thought of using a new Venge stem but was advised against it! It really is a shame but it's really only suited to the Venge.
Why not?

I'm using Aerofly 2 on Allez Sprint Disc, and i'll soon get the Venge stem. With the cap: https://www.amaincycling.com/specialize ... 11/p864852

It is a very heavy stem (200g).
However, it is not heavy for nothing. It is very stiff. They said it is 5% stiffer than Zipp SL-Sprint (while being around 10% heavier). Its drop clamp design (asymetric top and bottom with bar mount low on the stem) allow cable to run pass stem without having to sharp bend underneath.
Unless you are using short stem (<110mm) or not sprint, the extra stiffness can justify the weight compare to normal stem.
It is also at least $100 cheaper than Zipp SL-Sprint and maybe more aero.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com