S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mirco

by Mirco

I think the grey color without a gloss finish will be a nightmare to clean.

sun

by sun

I recently bought a Venge Pro. I swapped the wheels to the CL 64 and did my first ride yesterday. Are the discs supposed to rub whenever out of the saddle? I adjusted the rotors/calipers by loosening the caliper bolts and squeezing on the brakes while tightening the calipers. This my first ever disc bike, so I'm not sure what to expect. The rotors seem true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jugi

by Jugi

In principle they are not supposed to rub at all, but because the gaps between disc and pads are quite small, it can happen. Loosening the bolts, squeezing the lever and tightening the bolts is usually a sufficient technique, but sometimes the calipers may need some extra attention. For an example, they may start to turn with the bolts when they are tightened, which leads to less than optimal end result.

All calipers are adjustable to a point where the brakes wont rub at all. It may take some trial and error to get them just right, but it’s not rocket science.
Last edited by Jugi on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJS914

by AJS914

I've had the best luck centering using a business card between the pads and rotor.

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Mirco wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm
I think the grey color without a gloss finish will be a nightmare to clean.
Thought about that, but it seems this might have been contemplated as the inside fork legs and chainstays are faded to a darker color. Either it was thought out in advance or it was just a lucky decision on the part of Spesh (notenoughswedes).

andreas

by andreas

I really like the new Venge Pro, but man it's hard to justify spending €2000 more on it compared to a nearly identical Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2. I really wish Canyon would release a version with tidier cabling and better rear wheel clearance, to make the choice easier.

I'm finding myself unable to pull the trigger on this one because of the pricing.

parajba

by parajba

andreas wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 pm
I really like the new Venge Pro, but man it's hard to justify spending €2000 more on it compared to a nearly identical Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2. I really wish Canyon would release a version with tidier cabling and better rear wheel clearance, to make the choice easier.

I'm finding myself unable to pull the trigger on this one because of the pricing.
Same here! Albeit with eTap. The Aeroad is really nice, even after 3 years.

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Such is the price of progress it seems. I agree that the main differentiators at this point are the system integration and the ability to run wider tires (and also frame compliance as this seems to be another benefit to the newer designs). There is about a $3k premium to have it today, whether you buy Venge, Madone or TMR01 vs. Canyon.

But also keep in mind that the new Aeroad will certainly be priced higher than the outgoing model is selling for right now, so the delta will reduce a bit when Canyon has its competitor ready to market. So, do you cough up the extra $3k today, or do you wait to see if maybe you can lower that by a grand or two?

zenrider

by zenrider

nico1970 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:25 am
Hi all,

tks to all for this interesting discussion! I'm very happy Venge owner, coming from a Bianchi XR4. My simple question is for the comunication issue between Power Cranks Power Meter and Garmin 1030.

Sometimes (honestly 2 or 3 times) I loose the connection and I need to reactivate it simply pedaling "reverse". I try to
- Re-establish connection between Garmin 1030 & the PM
- Replace battery and
- I recalibrate every single ride,
- Garmin is uptodate on the latest release 6.00.
- I set the Recording Interval on the 1030 to "Smart option" instead of "1 sec" because I see that this is better and the connection in the 1 sec mode is more instable
- I also read the review for DC rainmaker there is no issue for him https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/03/spe ... eview.html

All seems to works properly but, as said sometimes randomly I loose the connection.

Does anyone have my same issue?

Here below my bike..

I have this exact bike and used it with a 1030. For openers (IMHO), the build quality of the Power Meter was incredibly poor. After changing multiple batteries, my problem came down to the fact that the 1030 could "see" both sides of the PM but could only connect with one. The Specialized app was useless in establishing a connection. Specialized asked my LBS to try to connect with another Garmin, change batteries at the shop multiple times, try to update the firmware on the PM and still it woudn't work. Again IMHO, this PM is absolute garbage. In the end, my PM was warrantied and the LBS allowed me to swap out the Shimano Dura-Ace PM which has performed flawlessly.

So yes, I've had a similar issue. :D

mcw

by mcw

Venge Pro Purple Size 56
Please just ignore the bump on the stem. I'm still waiting for the longer stem. Before the steerer is finally shortened, I want to see if I can take out the last spacer with the longer stem.

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

mcw wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:21 pm
Venge Pro Purple Size 56
Please just ignore the bump on the stem. I'm still waiting for the longer stem. Before the steerer is finally shortened, I want to see if I can take out the last spacer with the longer stem.
That is gorgeous-the Pro seems like a good "value" compared to the S-Works since the frame is the same and the unique color is an added bonus. Would also think the CL50s would work better for in most conditions versus the CLX 64s. Congrats!

Mirco

by Mirco

Nice for me, but my wife say‘s, no way it is not an S-Works and to much purple and you have to change the whole groupset to Sram Etap. Ok, the last think is right, but the frame is the same as the S-Works, without S-Works Logo.

What about the weight of this Pro-Version?

jlok

by jlok

sadly eTap isn't much lighter than r8070 sans the crankset
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

ODC

by ODC

[/quote]

I have this exact bike and used it with a 1030. For openers (IMHO), the build quality of the Power Meter was incredibly poor. After changing multiple batteries, my problem came down to the fact that the 1030 could "see" both sides of the PM but could only connect with one. The Specialized app was useless in establishing a connection. Specialized asked my LBS to try to connect with another Garmin, change batteries at the shop multiple times, try to update the firmware on the PM and still it woudn't work. Again IMHO, this PM is absolute garbage. In the end, my PM was warrantied and the LBS allowed me to swap out the Shimano Dura-Ace PM which has performed flawlessly.

So yes, I've had a similar issue. :D
[/quote]

Like the Shimano Dura Ace Powermeter has no problems...
I had problems with the Dura Powermeter and 5 of my cycling friends have problems with it. Also I know 2 people that crashed because the left crank (non-drive side) broke in the their ride.

Just for the record, I have a new venge with the s-works powermeter and I had also the connection problems with my Garmin 1030. Sold the 1030 for a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and never had any issues anymore. Think it's again a Garmin connection problem.

Mirco

by Mirco

jlok wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:34 am
sadly eTap isn't much lighter than r8070 sans the crankset
Running Etap on 2 S-Works Venge Vias Disc Sagan Superstar Frames, on 2 S-Works Crux and on 1 Crux Pro, so there is no question concerning Ultegra DI2 of Sram Etap. Weight is not the main reason, but it would be interesting to know the weight of the 56 sized Venge Pro purple.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com