S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JeffK

by JeffK

Brumby wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:14 am
I have gone from an SL5 SW Tarmac and it is definately a harsher ride...but it is super fast so I can live with it 👊
Good to know! Can't wait to get out on mine, just waiting for a 0mm offset seatpost.
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

dcorn

by dcorn

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 am
For those on the Venge, how does it stack up in comfort? Especially compared to a Madone if you have ridden one.
Put some 30mm wide tires on it and it'll be the smoothest road bike you've ever had.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreas

by andreas

dcorn wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 pm
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 am
For those on the Venge, how does it stack up in comfort? Especially compared to a Madone if you have ridden one.
Put some 30mm wide tires on it and it'll be the smoothest road bike you've ever had.
Also the least aero, lol

ill principe

by ill principe

Just having ordered a frameset I revisited the Specialized web site and didn´t find any info about the stem being included. Which is strange since I´m 100% sure it was mentioned as included a couple of weeks ago.

Any info?
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

iwheel

by iwheel

Apparently there's a price hike from 1st December. Frame is up £200 and and same goes for the Venge Pro.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I have ordered frameset as well in Germany, and stem is not included. Am trying to find out if stem can be ordered separately. If not then I’m going For Enve aero stem and aero bar combo
ill principe wrote:Just having ordered a frameset I revisited the Specialized web site and didn´t find any info about the stem being included. Which is strange since I´m 100% sure it was mentioned as included a couple of weeks ago.

Any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Where did you order yours, as I need one.
JeffK wrote:
Brumby wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:14 am
I have gone from an SL5 SW Tarmac and it is definately a harsher ride...but it is super fast so I can live with it Image
Good to know! Can't wait to get out on mine, just waiting for a 0mm offset seatpost.

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

lovemyway

by lovemyway

You can buy the stem and bar from your local Specialized dealer. If you want to order online, you can find them here:
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... 9-ID_75825
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... 9-ID_75426

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Perfect. Thank you
lovemyway wrote:You can buy the stem and bar from your local Specialized dealer. If you want to order online, you can find them here:
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... 9-ID_75825
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... 9-ID_75426

Strava
Instagram

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 pm
I have ordered frameset as well in Germany, and stem is not included. Am trying to find out if stem can be ordered separately. If not then I’m going For Enve aero stem and aero bar combo
ill principe wrote:Just having ordered a frameset I revisited the Specialized web site and didn´t find any info about the stem being included. Which is strange since I´m 100% sure it was mentioned as included a couple of weeks ago.

Any info?

I picked up my Venge frameset from my LBS in Winnipeg and the stem WAS included... Stems are available seperately as mentioned (I ordered a 12 sepertaly).. I can tell you they do NOT include the rear cover plate or any of the computer mounting hardware.. you get the basic stem and the front cable guide routing for behind the bar...

moyboy

by moyboy

Better than Trek frames where you need to buy the Seat mast..... re: Emonda :|
ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm

I picked up my Venge frameset from my LBS in Winnipeg and the stem WAS included... Stems are available seperately as mentioned (I ordered a 12 sepertaly).. I can tell you they do NOT include the rear cover plate or any of the computer mounting hardware.. you get the basic stem and the front cable guide routing for behind the bar...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

moyboy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:28 am
Better than Trek frames where you need to buy the Seat mast..... re: Emonda :|
ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Everything included in mine..
Frame, fork, Ceramic Spd BB30 bearing (pulling since Im going Campy..unfortuneately installed from the factory) Stem and applicable fittings, computer mount, seatpost, rails for both saddle rail types,Bats for Aerofly II bars, grommets.. seems there is some kind of mess up with the stem not being included with the frameset... my stem actually came intalled on the bike with all the spacers under it...

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Not quite a Venge question but... has anyone the real differences between the S-Works Tarmac and the Tarmac Pro (both 2019)? Aisde from the 10R versus 12R carbon -- what's that in real weight, etc., difference?

Dubadai

by Dubadai

mcw wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:21 pm
Venge Pro Purple Size 56
Please just ignore the bump on the stem. I'm still waiting for the longer stem. Before the steerer is finally shortened, I want to see if I can take out the last spacer with the longer stem.

Awesome photos! Just ordered this myself, picking it up after the weekend.

Do you have any more photos?
S-Works Venge 2020
S-works Aethos
Specialized Diverge 2021

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JeffK

by JeffK

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:59 pm
Where did you order yours, as I need one.
JeffK wrote:
You can order the seat post from a specialized dealer:

28119-3300 SW VENGE CARBON POST 300MM 0 OFFSET
28119-3310 SW VENGE CARBON POST 390MM 0 OFFSET
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept