S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ds240

by ds240

Now running 64/50 wheel set up. Managed to get hold of a clx 50 before they all disappeared.

Hopefully less moments of clinging onto the bars with the wind catching the front wheel.

7.45kg in ready to ride set up now.

(Sorry for the crap photo)
Attachments
062FB7EA-68E2-4FED-93F7-83F4AA68F47D.jpeg

Campervan

by Campervan

ViperFFM wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:19 pm
After the disappointing Aeroad relase I just scored a new old stock 2019 Venge Pro in that amazin purple color. Cant wait!!
The purple is so wrong it's right. Stunning colour especially in the sunlight.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AyBee

by AyBee

Campervan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 am
ViperFFM wrote:
After the disappointing Aeroad relase I just scored a new old stock 2019 Venge Pro in that amazin purple color. Cant wait!!
What's wrong about it? Have one myself, just waiting on wheels before I can ride it. It's a stunning colour - quite dark purple without the sun on it and then really pops when the sun comes out.

Campervan

by Campervan

AyBee wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Campervan wrote:
ViperFFM wrote:
What's wrong about it? Have one myself, just waiting on wheels before I can ride it. It's a stunning colour - quite dark purple without the sun on it and then really pops when the sun comes out.
Sparkly glossy purple is not the normal for a bike. Majority of the bikes these days are matte and black. I have the purple one as well so know the colour well.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

AyBee wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Campervan wrote:
ViperFFM wrote:
Same. It should arrive Monday latest and I will swap the Roval for my Fulrum Wind 55. As the bike is new; the Roval wheelset will be a nice pair to sell on ebay.

Just a bit nervous about the 56 frame for my 84cm inseam / 180 cm. It should fit perfect with a 100mm stem but every bike feels diffrent in the flesh i think.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Darceking

by Darceking

Anyone know what size the little rubber grommet is at the back near the rear derailleur for AXS users ? I have lost mine, no help from the LBS

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000610 ... hweb201603_

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

This weekend I discovered a bit of play in the head set and have been trying to get it fixed myself. However, upon taking everything apart, I found the steerer tube is not cut straight.

When reading posts on how get the play out of the head set, everyone had made it seem as easy as loosening stem bolts then top cap, pressing it down and tightening top cap. As that hasn't been successful, I'm wondering if the angle the expander is sitting at is having any effect on my inability.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
20201020_161205.jpg
20201020_161155.jpg

Alfus

by Alfus

Skeeleye wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:16 pm
This weekend I discovered a bit of play in the head set and have been trying to get it fixed myself. However, upon taking everything apart, I found the steerer tube is not cut straight.

When reading posts on how get the play out of the head set, everyone had made it seem as easy as loosening stem bolts then top cap, pressing it down and tightening top cap. As that hasn't been successful, I'm wondering if the angle the expander is sitting at is having any effect on my inability.

Any thoughts?
Back to the shop and new fork.

fcz

by fcz

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has serviced their ceramic bearings in their roval clx wheels themselves? Was gona give it a go this weekend and just wondering what peoples experiences are.

Thanks

ill principe

by ill principe

Wondering the same thing. When I serviced my freehub body ratched mechnism I noticed that the rear wheel bearings are hard to reach without extracting them. So some sort of tool required to get them out (without damaging).
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

Bigmac

by Bigmac

fcz wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has serviced their ceramic bearings in their roval clx wheels themselves? Was gona give it a go this weekend and just wondering what peoples experiences are.

Thanks
Simple enough job to do. You do need to remove the bearings first and there are 2 types. I wouldn't recommend taking them out and putting them back without proper tools. This is quite a good bearing extractor:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DT-Swiss-Bik ... 4424571878

Ideally you need a small bearing press, if you plan to do this work on a regular basis it's worth investing in one and there are some fairly cost effective kits on Ebay (Chinese) that do the job. There are also some useful Youtube videos. There is one bearing in the centre of the rear hub, that requires a spine tool to remove, again, quite cheap on Ebay as is the Ceramicspeed grease, that's the blue stuff

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

There is a whole subsection on the forum dedicated to wheels that has a thread about Rovals. I'm sure you would find someone with experience there

Bigmac

by Bigmac

Bigmac wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 am
fcz wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm
Hi everyone.

Thanks
Simple enough job to do. You do need to remove the bearings first and there are 2 types. I wouldn't recommend taking them out and putting them back without proper tools. This is quite a good bearing extractor:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DT-Swiss-Bik ... 4424571878

Ideally you need a small bearing press, if you plan to do this work on a regular basis it's worth investing in one and there are some fairly cost effective kits on Ebay (Chinese) that do the job. There are also some useful Youtube videos. There is one bearing in the centre of the rear hub, that requires a spine tool to remove, again, quite cheap on Ebay as is the Ceramicspeed grease, that's the blue stuff
Just to add Rapid Racer Products also produce a very neat bearing press, albeit a bit pricey. They also market lots of different adapters to match the bearings. These are available from Chainreation & Wiggle, plus many others.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Skeeleye wrote:
As that hasn't been successful, I'm wondering if the angle the expander is sitting at is having any effect on my inability.
absolutely... and whoever cut that shouldn't be allowed to do it again.

Visqu

by Visqu

Skeeleye wrote:
As that hasn't been successful, I'm wondering if the angle the expander is sitting at is having any effect on my inability.
The expander is sitting perfectly straight inside the steerer, the cut has just been botched, this won't have an effect on the ability to remove play.
Check that your top cap is not contacting the expander when you attempt to tighten it down, add some spacers above the stem to try this out.

But that's just a horrible horrible job and you should seek compensation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com