S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MMW

by MMW

Saw this on insta, can you buy it in white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1llum4

by 1llum4

Tom76 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to attach a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt onto the Aerofly Bars? From looking at the photos that have been posted, it looks like it’s mounted from inside the bars- can anyone clarify or post a photo? And do you need a special mount separate to the one that comes with the Bolt?

Thanks!
Venge frameset and complete bike should come with the venge specific stem and the integrated gps mount. With the gps mount, there is a wahoo compatible puck. This integrated gps mount only work with venge stem. Another way to have a similar gps mount setup is using a Fizik/Cervelo Alu or Carbon stem and the Barfly direct gps mount that is also compatible with Wahoo GPS.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chris47

by chris47

nope, the white one is a custom painted frame for simon andreassen :)

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

1llum4 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:39 am
Tom76 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to attach a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt onto the Aerofly Bars? From looking at the photos that have been posted, it looks like it’s mounted from inside the bars- can anyone clarify or post a photo? And do you need a special mount separate to the one that comes with the Bolt?

Thanks!
Venge frameset and complete bike should come with the venge specific stem and the integrated gps mount. With the gps mount, there is a wahoo compatible puck. This integrated gps mount only work with venge stem. Another way to have a similar gps mount setup is using a Fizik/Cervelo Alu or Carbon stem and the Barfly direct gps mount that is also compatible with Wahoo GPS.
Hmm... I guess if I've got a Giant with an OD2 stem and thinking of upgrading to the Aerofly II bars my only option to attach a GPS unit is to get one of those faceplate mounts that goes onto the stem bolts such as this one from JRC? Correct or is there another way?
https://www.jrc-components.com/products ... uter-mount
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

parajba

by parajba

How does the Venge climb compared to the SL6 disc and let’s say R5 and Teammachine SLR01?

If you could choose only 1 bike, lived in a rolling hills area (Surrey UK), were 69Kg and loved climbing but also fast chain gangs, which bike would you pick?

Wheels would be CLX50 either way, no deeper than that. And tubeless.

1llum4

by 1llum4

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 am
1llum4 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:39 am
Tom76 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Thanks!
Hmm... I guess if I've got a Giant with an OD2 stem and thinking of upgrading to the Aerofly II bars my only option to attach a GPS unit is to get one of those faceplate mounts that goes onto the stem bolts such as this one from JRC? Correct or is there another way?
https://www.jrc-components.com/products ... uter-mount
Correct since the aerofly dosent have any round bar space to attach something like a K-Edge mount.

Stueys

by Stueys

parajba wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 pm
How does the Venge climb compared to the SL6 disc and let’s say R5 and Teammachine SLR01?

If you could choose only 1 bike, lived in a rolling hills area (Surrey UK), were 69Kg and loved climbing but also fast chain gangs, which bike would you pick?

Interested in the consensus as I’ve a similar dilemma. Suspect the advice will be Tarmac with an aero bar on it. Pretty close to the Venge in terms of aero performance. More with more compliance for our super smooth UK roads and lighter. I keep coming back to the Venge though, it looks epic.

This is the best comparison I found on r5 V tarmac https://www.bikechaser.com.au/news/cervelo-r5-review/

I ride an r5 now and have a thing for Cervelo, the Spesh bike line up is on a roll though. Bike for bike they probably have the strongest line up out there. Might be worth seeing what Dale land with the new EVO as well.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Tom76 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Thanks!
See page 8, Fig 21
https://media.specialized.com/support/c ... 104623.pdf

Charlie69

by Charlie69

parajba wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 pm

I am the same weight as you and cycle on similar terrain, I was also torn between venge and Sl 6 for the same reasons. I bought the venge and couldn't be happier, it climbs like a goat and when you get it rolling on the flat it holds speed really well. I also run the clx 50's btw.

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi guys, question for you.

I understand that the Aerofly II can be run on most bikes (as it's not proprietary). So if I wanted I could say, have it on a SL6 or even an Emonda/R5/what-have-you.

However, can the same be said for the stem, maybe with an adapter? I would imagine not, but I was interested since (just like the handlebar) it would allow to attach clip-on TT bars.

ichobi

by ichobi

The venge stem will work with any bike. It will just look a bit off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

ichobi wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pm
The venge stem will work with any bike. It will just look a bit off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks.

The looks are also a bit my concern, would like to see some pics but I don't know whether anybody has ever fitted it onto another bike.
To be honest it's not a WW stem at all, so I doubt (m)any people will.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

robeambro wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Hi guys, question for you.

I understand that the Aerofly II can be run on most bikes (as it's not proprietary). So if I wanted I could say, have it on a SL6 or even an Emonda/R5/what-have-you.

However, can the same be said for the stem, maybe with an adapter? I would imagine not, but I was interested since (just like the handlebar) it would allow to attach clip-on TT bars.
Correct bars will fit any 31.8 stem.. theres nothing special.. I will be running them with an FSA OS-99 on my SL6... if you are getting the bar and want to run the end bats (the pieces that mold the handlebars where the cables come out to the stem) note that they are NOT included with the stem or the bar when ordered... they are a seperate part number.. I ordered a seperate 12cm stem for my venge and can also say the stem is not "light" its pretty beefy to be honest...

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:36 pm
I ordered a seperate 12cm stem for my venge and can also say the stem is not "light" its pretty beefy to be honest...
I want to say that during the development, one of the things they identified as a fault with the ViAS was tat he aero shape and integration resulted in a cocpit that was too flexible for the pros liking, which is why you saw a bunch of the pros swapping to non-spec stems. I'd imagine that they wanted to make sure the new stem was plenty stiff and it was also easy to work with all of the cable integation... both of which result in being on the heavy side.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

When I get a chance I'll pull it out of the box and get a weight on it.. won't be til the weekend...