S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blind76

by blind76

When i set 2mm at the back i get 4-5mm at the front (and when i set 2mm at the front then chainring is rubbing at the back)... is the setup from the image fine?

I got a few chainsucks when switching from big to small. Can that be the reason or is something else like chain tension? It is a brand new venge with r9150 DA Di2
Attachments
3E3F4F42-AC7A-4988-B7BC-1D555626A006.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

relatively normal. don't forget to play with the yaw. anecdotally, i'd veer toward a larger gap rather than a smaller one if you're splitting the difference.

blehargh

by blehargh

blind76 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 am
Does anyone have problems with front derailleur (Di2) alignment?
Nope, not really...

NoPasaran

by NoPasaran

Seeing all the problems the new Aeroad owners have with their seatposts/seattubes (and, potentially, handlebars, though it is through the grapewine thing, but reality is that Aeroad develops a new seatpost AND a new handlebar) I wonder, did 2019-2020 Venge have any similar problems? Is there something a new, uninitiated owner have to look out for with a brand new Venge?
2021 Cube Litening C68x SL Red&Black
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Superstar

pmprego

by pmprego

NoPasaran wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:43 am
Seeing all the problems the new Aeroad owners have with their seatposts/seattubes (and, potentially, handlebars, though it is through the grapewine thing, but reality is that Aeroad develops a new seatpost AND a new handlebar) I wonder, did 2019-2020 Venge have any similar problems? Is there something a new, uninitiated owner have to look out for with a brand new Venge?
What's happening with the handlebar?

I really don't like the logic of it but that's personal and irrelevant.

NoPasaran

by NoPasaran

pmprego wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 am
NoPasaran wrote:

Nothing is happening with handlebar as we know of. I should not spread rumours, that was error on my part.
What is irrelevant and personal with Canyon's seat post problem?

I wonder if there were any wide-spread problems with Venge that I should be aware of.
2021 Cube Litening C68x SL Red&Black
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Superstar

blind76

by blind76

I bought it last month and for that, I did a deep investigation and I couldn't find anything relevant but yes... then got that probably banded derailleur mount, and some chainsucks :)

It is a smart engineered bike and probably the most tweakable and simple aero bike. And for that kind of money, you expect that.

I don't regret buying it and hope I'll fix everything.

Jorgevenge20

by Jorgevenge20

Looking into upgrading my BB on my 2020 Venge.Any recommendations you all might have.Im leaning towards the Kogel BB and oversized pully as well as they have a sale going on.Didnt want to spend a boat load on this.Also which BB fits this bike??

pmprego

by pmprego

NoPasaran wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 am
pmprego wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 am
NoPasaran wrote:

Nothing is happening with handlebar as we know of. I should not spread rumours, that was error on my part.
What is irrelevant and personal with Canyon's seat post problem?

I wonder if there were any wide-spread problems with Venge that I should be aware of.
I don't like their handlebar system.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Jorgevenge20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 pm
Looking into upgrading my BB on my 2020 Venge.Any recommendations you all might have.Im leaning towards the Kogel BB and oversized pully as well as they have a sale going on.Didnt want to spend a boat load on this.Also which BB fits this bike??
Kogel bbs are junk. Heavy with poor tolerances in my experience. I like their V2 pulleys tho. Tho for the money Extralite pulleys are better. And not rebranded and marked up.

Look at BBInfinite for bottom brackets. Ive put 10+ of them in bikes and have been super impressed.

Jorgevenge20

by Jorgevenge20

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:20 pm
Jorgevenge20 wrote:
Kogel bbs are junk. Heavy with poor tolerances in my experience. I like their V2 pulleys tho. Tho for the money Extralite pulleys are better. And not rebranded and marked up.

Look at BBInfinite for bottom brackets. Ive put 10+ of them in bikes and have been super impressed.
Thank you for the heads up!!Let me check them out.Which one fits our bike BB30? I saw a few different ones

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

you have to measure the hole in the frame to be sure. there is a 41mm and a 46mm. I *believe* the Venge is 41mm. Read the description in the link here:
https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/osb ... 9864556547

for example, i have a Crux that has 41mm bearing "cups" glued in from the factory. i actually hacksawed them out (BBInf has a guide for this) so i could run conventional 46mm OD PF30 shells with bigger bearings. PM me if any questions, happy to help.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Jorgevenge20 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:36 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:20 pm
Jorgevenge20 wrote:

Thank you for the heads up!!Let me check them out.Which one fits our bike BB30? I saw a few different ones
The Venge is BB30. Alloy cups are epoxied into the frame to make it from proper OSBB into a BB30 shell. Turns out it's a good way to solve for the roundness issues with the carbon frame shell and makes for nice BB.

If you search up this thread, I asked for the same advice earlier on, after ceramicspeed unfortunately started to give up the ghost on mine. Someone smart suggested just getting an pair of quality 6806 steel bearings (NTN, SKF or similar) and calling it a day. Best advice ever. Cheap and cheery, and the chainset spins like crazy. Honestly, anything else is just snake oil - you'll spend a lot of money, add weight to your bike and you will not improve the performance one iota.

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:22 am

The Venge is BB30. Alloy cups are epoxied into the frame to make it from proper OSBB into a BB30 shell. Turns out it's a good way to solve for the roundness issues with the carbon frame shell and makes for nice BB.

If you search up this thread, I asked for the same advice earlier on, after ceramicspeed unfortunately started to give up the ghost on mine. Someone smart suggested just getting an pair of quality 6806 steel bearings (NTN, SKF or similar) and calling it a day. Best advice ever. Cheap and cheery, and the chainset spins like crazy. Honestly, anything else is just snake oil - you'll spend a lot of money, add weight to your bike and you will not improve the performance one iota.
Just to clarify, you're saying you just inserted those bearings directly into those alloy cups and have had a good experience?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

since it's bb30.
All you need are 6806 bearings , C-clip rings and dust cap seal and spacers.
If you already have those dust cap and spacers, you can simply buy 6806 bearings.

Look at this example of Wheelsmfg bb30 bottom bracket. It include two bearings and C-clip. The dust cap isn't even included in the set. :noidea:
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... p-kit.html