S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

andreas wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:44 am
I was under the impression that the seatpost is just offset by a wedge, and that it basically then only comes in two variations (300mm and 390mm). Incorrect? Is it actually 4 versions?
If you look at it you'll see it's a barrel type clamp so each post is definitely either 20mm or 0mm, not flippable.

parajba

by parajba

TonyM wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:47 pm
Looks like 0.01 CdA advantage. If done at 30 mph (48.28 kmh) then for a cyclist riding at 18.64 mph (30 kmh) it would mean a saving of 3.47 watts of power to apply on the pedals (at 20 mph a saving if 4.29 watts). Humm, an advantage definitely but not significant for a road race except in the final sprint or for small riders with a lower FTP.
3.5W at 30kmh.

Given that (they say) the Tarmac rides and climbs better than the Venge, for 99.9% majority of riders, including Pros isn’t the Tarmac the best option? I would leave the Venge to a few selected flat stages where sprinting is the main goal.

I agree that the Venge is sexier, but the SL6 discs with CLX50 is also quite pretty and definitely more understated.

I keep going back from Venge to SL6, and from SL6 to Venge...can’t make up my mind and think that at 69kg the SL6 might be the better bike for me. I am good on the flats but I excel on rolling hills.

I know it’s splitting hairs. And a nice problem to have!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blehargh

by blehargh

majorhunadadun wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 am
blehargh wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm
majorhunadadun wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:19 am
Brumby wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 am

Stem is slammed as low as it will go with a 120mm stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asking @bleharge but thanks! Ha!
Lol - it's an old bike so measurements are hard to come by accurately. Think the stack is around 575cm and reach in in the 410mm
blehargh wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm
majorhunadadun wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:19 am
Brumby wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 am

Stem is slammed as low as it will go with a 120mm stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asking @bleharge but thanks! Ha!
Lol - it's an old bike so measurements are hard to come by accurately. Think the stack is around 575cm and reach in in the 410mm

Okay well the 56 is 555 STACK, 398 REACH. That gets you 2 cm lower. You can always put a longer stem on. These particular bikes have a longer seatpost option so people can go with smaller than usual bikes to get more aero. I would always go smaller. I quoted the article below.

https://granfondo-cycling.com/specializ ... 9-on-test/

Specialized Venge 2019 – Geometry

Despite different measurements for its stack and reach, you should have a similar race-led position on the S-Works Venge 2019 as you do on the S-Works Tarmac SL6, achieved through the new Venge’s 18 mm minimum spacer height in the headset cup. The Tarmac SL6, on the other hand, works with a 10 mm higher headset and a longer stem to get the same position. The Venge 2019’s seatpost comes in two lengths (300 mm or 390 mm) and two off-sets (0 mm or 20 mm). The Di2 junction box has been smartly housed in the seatpost.
Yeah. Read that article about the 18mm spacers. I have about 18 of headset sticking out on my current bike and zero spacers.

The 58 stack is 581mm plus the 18 spacers seems like it would be too high already without much option to go lower.

Grrrr

Campervan

by Campervan

I'm looking to order a purple Venge Pro disc Soon. However instead of di2 it'll be with Etap + ultegra rotors. Any idea Of What the weight might be?
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

cerro

by cerro

Campervan: A size 52 is 7,62kg out of the box with Ultegra. If you're going full etap with crank and cassette maybe like 7,4kg or something.

majorhunadadun

by majorhunadadun

Has anyone tried any of the lighter cassette offerings with DA di2? Rotor Uno? Omni Racer? Curious on shift quality with the Venge specifically?

Campervan

by Campervan

cerro wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:18 pm
Campervan: A size 52 is 7,62kg out of the box with Ultegra. If you're going full etap with crank and cassette maybe like 7,4kg or something.
Thanks you. I'm looking at a purple pro disc in the new year. However I find di2 fiddly so the shop will swap the di2 for etap.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

66freddy66

by 66freddy66

hi guys, im looking for a garmin mount to fit on the aero fly II handlebar and stem from the 219 Venge. Obviously specialized do one but are they any other after market options out there that will look sleek with this stem/bar combo?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The slim Pro version of the K edge mount may work?
Using Tapatalk

greenamit

by greenamit

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy Grey/Yellow frameset 56cm. Since my local specialized dealer won't have any for few months I am looking for other alternatives.
I am going to visit Berlin in early Jan 2019. Maybe soneone here knows/can help how to source this frameset?

Thanks
Attachments
Specialized-S-Works-Venge-Disc-Frameset-2019.jpg

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I've been looking at the UK market myself as I know few websites from there and I'd ordered few items before. Both have them in stock. If you know the place you're going to stay at (or someone from the forums that could possibly arrange the shipment to his/hers place) you should be able to send them there.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Specia ... -2019/J5K7
https://www.specializedconceptstore.co. ... -frameset/

Alternatively, you could try and order them to be delivered to your home address.

AFAIK these framesets are pretty scarce here (in Central Europe) - I have to wait until March myself :)

greenamit

by greenamit

lovemyway wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm
I've been looking at the UK market myself as I know few websites from there and I'd ordered few items before. Both have them in stock. If you know the place you're going to stay at (or someone from the forums that could possibly arrange the shipment to his/hers place) you should be able to send them there.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Specia ... -2019/J5K7
https://www.specializedconceptstore.co. ... -frameset/

Alternatively, you could try and order them to be delivered to your home address.

AFAIK these framesets are pretty scarce here (in Central Europe) - I have to wait until March myself :)
With the holidays upon us delivery won't make it on time. If I can get it in Germany I will also be able to clain the VAT back.
Any idea who might have it?

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

greenamit wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:17 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy Grey/Yellow frameset 56cm. Since my local specialized dealer won't have any for few months I am looking for other alternatives.
I am going to visit Berlin in early Jan 2019. Maybe soneone here knows/can help how to source this frameset?

Thanks
This is a dealer over there, but all sizes appear to be out of stock there too until week 8 or so. You might give them a call to check.
https://nanobike.de/Specialized-S-Works ... ow-edge-fa

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ordered my Black frameset in Canada end of July.. I didnt get it until 1st week of November.. I can assume it'll be similar over in Europe..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tom76

by Tom76

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to attach a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt onto the Aerofly Bars? From looking at the photos that have been posted, it looks like it’s mounted from inside the bars- can anyone clarify or post a photo? And do you need a special mount separate to the one that comes with the Bolt?

Thanks!