S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cerro

by cerro

No cover for the seatpost collar like on the Tarmac on any Venge.

All new Roval road wheels are tubeless ready. Just need to get a pair of valves for the Venge Pro as they aren't included with CL wheels.

lukas456

by lukas456

hi guys, quick question. my SW Venge frame arrived, but with missing stem cap and computer mount. My LBS said it was not in the box. I find it kind of weird, are these 2 things part of the frame or not. thanks a lot!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm
It amazes me that people are still surprised that a Di2 bike doesn't come with D-Fly... its been out for at least two years and no bike has ever come with one, to my knowledge.
Quite a few bikes come with it.

L3X

by L3X

lukas456 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am
hi guys, quick question. my SW Venge frame arrived, but with missing stem cap and computer mount. My LBS said it was not in the box. I find it kind of weird, are these 2 things part of the frame or not. thanks a lot!
Hi Lukas,

I'm guessing you're referring to the cap that goes behind the stem - your frame should come with two of them: one that allows the steerer tube to go through so you can mess with your position a bit, and one thats closed off for when you're brave enough to cut the steerer tube to length :)

The computer mount is also part of the frameset, and with it there should be a crazy amount of adapters for Garmin/Wahoo/Polar/whatever computer you have. I don't have it with me right now, but I wouldn't be surprised it if has 10 different ones.

lukas456

by lukas456

L3X wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 am
lukas456 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am
Hi Lukas,

I'm guessing you're referring to the cap that goes behind the stem - your frame should come with two of them: one that allows the steerer tube to go through so you can mess with your position a bit, and one thats closed off for when you're brave enough to cut the steerer tube to length :)

The computer mount is also part of the frameset, and with it there should be a crazy amount of adapters for Garmin/Wahoo/Polar/whatever computer you have. I don't have it with me right now, but I wouldn't be surprised it if has 10 different ones.
thanks a million!

JeffK

by JeffK

If you bought just a frameset, the stem is not included. If the bike shop ordered you a stem for your frame, it would come separate and would not come with the cap or the computer mount. All those parts are separate when you order a frame only because you can use any stem you want on the Venge.
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

L3X

by L3X

JeffK wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:36 pm
If you bought just a frameset, the stem is not included. If the bike shop ordered you a stem for your frame, it would come separate and would not come with the cap or the computer mount. All those parts are separate when you order a frame only because you can use any stem you want on the Venge.
Where do you live? In Europe the stem + all those accessories are included in the frameset eventhough it's not listed as such if you lookup the frameset on Specialized's site.

survivor

by survivor

Would there be a problem with the new Venge internal cable routing on the bar/stem to bend like below for travelling purposes? Appreciate the feedback from new Venge owner because I am about to put my money down for the Buxum box. Thanks!

sun

by sun

No problem with the handlebars rotating like that.

Mirco

by Mirco

Does anybody give me a favour and get the measurements of the lower Transition and upper Transition Spacer?

I would like to get an idea how many Spacer I have to use to reach the same handlebar position.

robeambro

by robeambro

Guys just very quickly - the Aerofly has no flare, hence a 40 c-c would be 40 at the hoods too, right?

Ok I looked back at page 29 and found my answer: yes

andreas

by andreas

Anyone got experience with mounting the GP5000TL on the Roval CL/CLX wheelset? Got them incoming, but considering cancelling for the Vittoria Corsa TL instead.

WESTMOTORSPORTS

by WESTMOTORSPORTS

JeffK wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:36 pm
Just recieved my 52cm 2019 Venge in the USA and it came complete with 90mm stem, spacers, frame hardware, and computer mount, complete with multiple inserts. I ordered a 110cm stem, so if anyone needs a 90cm, I have one available.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

andreas wrote:Anyone got experience with mounting the GP5000TL on the Roval CL/CLX wheelset? Got them incoming, but considering cancelling for the Vittoria Corsa TL instead.
GP5KTL 25mm on CLX50 was doable but pretty tight. Had to use tire levers and a lot of force. Floor pump was enough to seat the tire and that was without any sealant using only the original tape. I am waiting for Corsa TL reviews about rolling resistance (and puncture resistant/comfort) before buying another GP5K.

sethjs

by sethjs

Have 150 mostly rain miles in SF on the Vittoria Corsa Graphene 2.0 tires. On my Venge w/CLX 50s. 0 cuts. Mind boggling. Can't speak to the rolling resistance, but they sure are comfy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com