S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Addict15

by Addict15

xylar wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:38 pm
Cleaning ultegra venge Pro and I turned the pedals by hand and rear wheel spinning OK, but pedals continued to turn as well, which has never happened before Tried changing through the gears all seemed OK, spinning pedals back also seems OK. I have a race in the morning, is it safe to ride? Any ideas what it could be?
Do you happen to have loud hubs with many engagement points? I have this too with 36 teeth, but it's nothing to worry about. Efficient bb and chain with a slightly draggy freehub is all it is probably. Unless the crank spins and you can't stop it anymore with stopping the rear wheel (so a fixed freehub) it is completely normal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

guadzilla wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:30 pm
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:16 am
It's Ferrari red, it's going to be a warranty only color and stupid rare. If you can get your hands on one in a 49, please let me know.
I am waiting for my own crash replacement frame. If it is this color, it would *almost* have made the crash worth it
They still replace with a Venge framset? Thoguht they'll hand out SL7s
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

When do the last Venge frame warranties end so we can buy these on warehouse clearance? Really nice color.

Wurkhorse

by Wurkhorse

I talked to someone from Specialized in Germany a few months ago if it would be possible to buy warranty frames but unfortunately they keep them for warranty cases only. So I doubt they will sell them ever

guadzilla

by guadzilla

ViperFFM wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:36 am
They still replace with a Venge framset? Thoguht they'll hand out SL7s
They told me Venge. At this point, I will take a pile of carbon fiber shards... it's been Feb since i filed my crash replacement claim and no movement yet.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Got my Venge since last year and suddenly BB creaking all over the place...considering switching to an SL7 although I dont partiucalry like the design
carbonLORD wrote:

Algreen

by Algreen

Would someone with a venge be willing to measure the seatpost cross section width and length? Wanting to figure out if it will fit in my Velobuild venge copy. Thanks!

sigma

by sigma

ViperFFM wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:02 pm
Got my Venge since last year and suddenly BB creaking all over the place...considering switching to an SL7 although I dont partiucalry like the design
If the BB came with it and was one of the Ceramicspeed models, that's probably your issue (and probably why Specialized ended that partnership). Slap a C-bear or BBinfinte in there and your creaking will be gone.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Its the weird PraxisWorks one... Got a MFG just in today and will swap it asap
carbonLORD wrote:

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Wurkhorse wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:37 am
I talked to someone from Specialized in Germany a few months ago if it would be possible to buy warranty frames but unfortunately they keep them for warranty cases only. So I doubt they will sell them ever
They only need them until the last warranties expire. They won't just throw them away or leave then on a shelf after that. But until then, of course they need them

Maddie

by Maddie

From what I heard, the Venge replacement frames in Europe are all gone. They switched to SL7 as replacements. If it takes long for a warranty frame to arrive, then it's probably because the SL7 frame is also short in supply. But it may depend on the market.

I can't remember ever to see Specialized warranty frames on sale.

autoayuda

by autoayuda

Hi! I just bought the new Wahoo Elemnt Bolt v2 and I change the adapter of the Venge (2019+) stem mount and put the Wahoo one. The GPS hooks up well but has a lot of slack, causing a lot of noise when I ride. The adapter is new, I had never used it. Do you know if the base connection has changed on the new Bolt?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

autoayuda wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:15 pm
Hi! I just bought the new Wahoo Elemnt Bolt v2 and I change the adapter of the Venge (2019+) stem mount and put the Wahoo one. The GPS hooks up well but has a lot of slack, causing a lot of noise when I ride. The adapter is new, I had never used it. Do you know if the base connection has changed on the new Bolt?

Put some double sided tape on the bottom on the wahoo but don't peel the second bit of plastic on it. Makes the wahoo for a bit firmer without rattling around

autoayuda

by autoayuda

Sleeprequired wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am
autoayuda wrote:

Put some double sided tape on the bottom on the wahoo but don't peel the second bit of plastic on it. Makes the wahoo for a bit firmer without rattling around
Thank you so much!! Just fixed it!!! I'm so idiot :roll:

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

autoayuda wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:43 am
Sleeprequired wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am
autoayuda wrote:

Thank you so much!! Just fixed it!!! I'm so idiot :roll:
Glad I could help

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com