S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robeambro

by robeambro

ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:36 pm
robeambro wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Hi guys, question for you.

I understand that the Aerofly II can be run on most bikes (as it's not proprietary). So if I wanted I could say, have it on a SL6 or even an Emonda/R5/what-have-you.

However, can the same be said for the stem, maybe with an adapter? I would imagine not, but I was interested since (just like the handlebar) it would allow to attach clip-on TT bars.
Correct bars will fit any 31.8 stem.. theres nothing special.. I will be running them with an FSA OS-99 on my SL6... if you are getting the bar and want to run the end bats (the pieces that mold the handlebars where the cables come out to the stem) note that they are NOT included with the stem or the bar when ordered... they are a seperate part number.. I ordered a seperate 12cm stem for my venge and can also say the stem is not "light" its pretty beefy to be honest...
Those little flaps must be bought separately?
The things they wouldn’t do to make more money eh!

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Just switched from garmin to wahoo, is there any way to get the wahoo bolt to sit flush with the mount as it does with the mount the wahoo ships with?

The barfly that comes with the venge seems to leave an annoying gap between the computer and mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blehargh

by blehargh

whatleytom wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:15 pm
Just switched from garmin to wahoo, is there any way to get the wahoo bolt to sit flush with the mount as it does with the mount the wahoo ships with?

The barfly that comes with the venge seems to leave an annoying gap between the computer and mount.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/UUSVC ... arketplace

I'm trying this - supposed to get it in the mail today. I'll let you know how it goes.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

blehargh wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:29 pm
whatleytom wrote:

I'm trying this - supposed to get it in the mail today. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have that mount. It does fit bolt and match the same aero fitment as the stock mount... I don't think it will fit the Venge stem, it is designed to fit Fizik and 3T stems that have a slotted faceplate. Barfly makes a direct mount for the Fizik and 3T stems and this was designed, for me, so the Wahoo would fit perfectly.

If someone can post closeup pic of the way the standard barflay mounts to the Venge stem, I'll tell you if is fits.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

blehargh wrote:

If you want the mount to have the completely smooth bottom, you can either pop off the cover from the stock mount or buy this one.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/CMXJN ... areProduct

He also makes mone that has a GoPro mount for a camera or light.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XT283 ... areProduct

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I found an exploded view of the stock Specialized Venge computer mount and the way it connects to the stem... it looks that barfly used the same style of connection as they did for their Fizik/3T stem mounts so the Revolutionaries 3D printed mount for the Bolt should fit fine, but you will need the hardware from the standard mount for it to work.

whatleytom

by whatleytom

blehargh wrote:
whatleytom wrote:

Any luck?

pedale

by pedale

I'm waiting for my venge delivery mid-march and planning to buy a travel bag for it. Since I've found some good deals on scicon bags, I'm hesitating between the aerocomfort (soft and doesn't require seatpost removal) and the aerotech (hard shell but requires seatpost removal).

How easy it is to dis-reconnect the di2 battery? Or maybe you have another bike bag to recommend for this bike?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Theres a small tool provided with the shifters connecting and disconnecting the wires.. remove post.. pop connection. . Tape wire to frame for transport. . Reverse on other end... case wise i love my scicon tsa hardshell.. its survived multiple trips to maui and europe.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

As ParisCarbon mentions, just make sure you have the little tool to remove the plugs. You can do it without, but it is trickier and you run the risk of damaging the connectors.

pedale

by pedale

Thanks! In the manual there is even a "travel option" di2 wiring described :)

blehargh

by blehargh

whatleytom wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:11 pm
blehargh wrote:
whatleytom wrote:

Any luck?
It's not bad. A couple caveats tho:

1) you'll need a way long 2.5 hex bolt for that, and I had to drill out the hole a bit bigger too.
2) I have a 6* stem, and the angle is slightly point down by a degree or two - i think it should be okay if you like your computer level to ground, i like mine tilted up slightly so I can read it better - had to shim the bottom of the mount to get it to point up. Stock you're only gonna get it to go about level at the maximum. Not sure how'd you mount it on the -12* stem - seems like it would be pointed at the floor.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

blehargh wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 pm
I have a 6* stem, and the angle is slightly point down by a degree or two - i think it should be okay if you like your computer level to ground, i like mine tilted up slightly so I can read it better - had to shim the bottom of the mount to get it to point up. Stock you're only gonna get it to go about level at the maximum. Not sure how'd you mount it on the -12* stem - seems like it would be pointed at the floor.
As I mentioned earlier, that moun was designed for the Fizik stem, which has a slot that allows the user to slide the mount up or down to adjust the angle. I'm guessing that the slot in the Venge isn't as big from a vertical standpoint and is designed to the keep the computer aero (i.e. flat) with the standard mount. If you message the owner of revolutionaries with some pics and mesaurements he can probably design one specifically for the venge faceplate that works better.

He has a full thread on here with his info..

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 4&t=130946

robeambro

by robeambro

Out of curiosity, is there any of you Venge owners who lives in an area with crappy weather for a good part of the year, rain and all?

What’s your thoughts on getting a Venge, if it is to be used in those conditions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

igor46

by igor46

Here my new venge 2019 with pedals and bottle cage 7,19kg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk