S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alfus

by Alfus

deepalk wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:57 pm
Hey guys
Just got a set of XTR mt900 140mm rotors for my Venge. Changing from 160mm front to 140mm. As expected rear rotor went in perfect with out a hitch. However I can't get the front rotor aligned for the life of me. When looking into the caliper on the front it seems that the pads are only grabbing the edge of the disc (ie.as the disc is smaller so only the edge of the pads are grabbing the disc). I suspect I might need to change my caliper mount to one that suits? Attached is a photo of the mount I currently have. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are puttin a 140disc, you can't use a 160/180 adapt.

Part.No. Y8N230000

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

What is the steerer clamp height on the stem? I'm looking at a used model that's been slammed, but I want to make sure there's enough steerer to use a Bonti RSL VC-R bar.

Wurkhorse

by Wurkhorse

I´m looking for a Venge Frameset size 56, preferably located in germany but it`s not a must... so if anybody is selling one please let me know

Maddie

by Maddie

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am
What is the steerer clamp height on the stem? I'm looking at a used model that's been slammed, but I want to make sure there's enough steerer to use a Bonti RSL VC-R bar.
35mm

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Wurkhorse wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:21 am
I´m looking for a Venge Frameset size 56, preferably located in germany but it`s not a must... so if anybody is selling one please let me know
I could offer you my 56 Venge Pro Framset in Purple but it has a repaired carbon damage on the rear seat stay (repaired by the official Specilaized Shop I got it from...)
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

IceLed

by IceLed

Wurkhorse wrote:I´m looking for a Venge Frameset size 56, preferably located in germany but it`s not a must... so if anybody is selling one please let me know
Sent you a PM...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

S-Works Venge 2019 Battleship
Previous bikes:
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 2019
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Agree C:62
Cube Peloton

Wurkhorse

by Wurkhorse

ViperFFM wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:39 am
Wurkhorse wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:21 am
I could offer you my 56 Venge Pro Framset in Purple but it has a repaired carbon damage on the rear seat stay (repaired by the official Specilaized Shop I got it from...)
The purple colourway is beautiful but I´m looking for an undamaged one. Thank you!

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Rightfully so! Good luck mate!
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Maddie wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:22 am
BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am
35mm
Thanks! Looks like I'll need one with a 5mm spacer in place.

Anyone got a 58cm in carbon black? :P

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Looks like I may have found my frameset! Should be finalizing the deal when seller returns from vacation next week. In the meantime, I'll start looking around for components and have a few questions:
1. How much weight do you save by going to a direct mount hanger like Sigeyi?
2. Does the FD hanger slot have enough adjustment range to use Di2 with a 48/32 crankset?
3. Does anyone have a spare headset cover made for standard stems that I could buy? Seller only has the one for the Venge stem that came with a complete bike.
4. Is there a manual anywhere that includes wiring instructions? I can't it anywhere. Bit confuse why there are only three ports if junction A is in the seatpost
5. Did Darimo ever end up making a post for this bike?

sigma

by sigma

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:17 am
Looks like I may have found my frameset! Should be finalizing the deal when seller returns from vacation next week. In the meantime, I'll start looking around for components and have a few questions:
1. How much weight do you save by going to a direct mount hanger like Sigeyi?
2. Does the FD hanger slot have enough adjustment range to use Di2 with a 48/32 crankset?
3. Does anyone have a spare headset cover made for standard stems that I could buy? Seller only has the one for the Venge stem that came with a complete bike.
4. Is there a manual anywhere that includes wiring instructions? I can't it anywhere. Bit confuse why there are only three ports if junction A is in the seatpost
5. Did Darimo ever end up making a post for this bike?
1)neglible but I did it anyway to try the direct mount solution
3)I may have a spare as I bought the spacer kit which was pretty cheap (if you are in the USA look here - it's twelve dollars and worth havinght extras especially for a discontinued bike: https://www.amaincycling.com/specialize ... yarqazwdwz)
4)The Venge manual has all the cabling and di2 wiring. Surprisingly easy: https://media.specialized.com/support/c ... 104623.pdf
5)Not to my knowledge
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Thanks! All very helpful.

I did find that headset cover on Amain, but they won't ship it to Korea :(

Maddie

by Maddie

BigBoyND wrote:I did find that headset cover on Amain, but they won't ship it to Korea :(
Cingolanibikeshop.com and nanobike.de also sell them and might send worldwide

Raymonndo

by Raymonndo

Putting it out there, I could possible be interested in a 54/56 S Works Venge frameset for the right price 😁. Must be very good condition and UK based.

Wurkhorse

by Wurkhorse

To the owners of the beautiful venge, which size would you recommend for someone being 1,80m tall with an inseam of 85cm?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com