S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

taodemon

by taodemon

anykarthik wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Just curious, is it possible to order Venge Pro and only upgrade wheelset to CLX 50 just by paying the price difference CL vs CLX?
Wasn't possible for me. Also I don't think the CLX is $800 better than CL. The rim is the same. Sure, the hubs are nicer on the CLX and the spokes are aero vs round on CL too. But that doesn't add up to $800 in my book - especially since the hubs on the CL are butter smooth to begin with.
It might not add up to $800 difference, but at least with the spokes it seems somewhat counter productive to have an aero wheel and slap round spokes on it. I would be fine without the ceramic bearings though. Maybe they do it intentionally to try and sell more clx wheels as I think most would pass on the ceramic hub version if both versions came with the aero spokes.

http://flocycling.blogspot.com/2016/04/ ... rence.html

Also, while you can't order from factory with the clx your bike store might work with you and just have you pay the difference and then I'm assuming sell the CL themselves.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

anykarthik wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Just curious, is it possible to order Venge Pro and only upgrade wheelset to CLX 50 just by paying the price difference CL vs CLX?
Wasn't possible for me. Also I don't think the CLX is $800 better than CL. The rim is the same. Sure, the hubs are nicer on the CLX and the spokes are aero vs round on CL too. But that doesn't add up to $800 in my book - especially since the hubs on the CL are butter smooth to begin with.
Not only is there the aero difference noted above. But the CLX are 100grams lighter than the CL. Whether that is worth $800 is up to you, but especially with the more integrated bikes it is going to be hard to find that much weight to pull out of anywhere else. The saddle at 74 grams lighter for the S-works is probably the first place @ $300 for the saddle out right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

igor46

by igor46

Hello I only need to buy a power meter to finish my S-Works Venge 2019. What do you recomended to me? My options are Quarq D-Zero with praxis rings, Durace Power Meter, Durace 9100 with Pioneer, Specialized Durace Power Meter or wait for the new Sworks power meter.
Can you help me?
Thanks and sorry about my english

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

pyrahna

by pyrahna

igor46 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm
Hello I only need to buy a power meter to finish my S-Works Venge 2019. What do you recomended to me? My options are Quarq D-Zero with praxis rings, Durace Power Meter, Durace 9100 with Pioneer, Specialized Durace Power Meter or wait for the new Sworks power meter.
Can you help me?

Of those options Quarq is the only one that has a long history of dependible power meters. Followed by Pioneer. The Shimano and Specialized power meters are pretty much brand new. When it comes to sensors and something you will spend a fair chunk of change on you probably want to go with a brand that has proven to deliver dependble products and even when they haven't they have stood behind them with fantastic support.

igor46

by igor46

pyrahna wrote:
igor46 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm
Can you help me?

Of those options Quarq is the only one that has a long history of dependible power meters. Followed by Pioneer. The Shimano and Specialized power meters are pretty much brand new. When it comes to sensors and something you will spend a fair chunk of change on you probably want to go with a brand that has proven to deliver dependble products and even when they haven't they have stood behind them with fantastic support.
Then Quarq will be a good choice?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

spud

by spud

meh - a buddy had a Quark go bad on him, and the company offered him a replacement at wholesale. Which is what he pays anyway. He wasn't impressed, so he switched brands.

RussellS

by RussellS

pyrahna wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 pm
Of those options Quarq is the only one that has a long history of dependible power meters. Followed by Pioneer. The Shimano and Specialized power meters are pretty much brand new. When it comes to sensors and something you will spend a fair chunk of change on you probably want to go with a brand that has proven to deliver dependble products
Specialized uses a 4iiii power meter. And for a brand that has proven to deliver dependable products, I'd put all my money on Shimano above every other bike part maker on the face of the earth. Everything Shimano makes is quality. Even the cheapest Shimano parts are quality.

morganb

by morganb

Online people seem to generally have good luck with Quarqs but when I was working in a shop I saw them fail more than anything, including gen 1 stages. I thought the Dzero might be better but my teammate is on his second warrantied one in a year. I've had good luck with Power2Max but they only sell direct and I don't think they have a new SWorks crank compatible model yet.

igor46

by igor46

RussellS wrote:
pyrahna wrote:
Of those options Quarq is the only one that has a long history of dependible power meters. Followed by Pioneer. The Shimano and Specialized power meters are pretty much brand new. When it comes to sensors and something you will spend a fair chunk of change on you probably want to go with a brand that has proven to deliver dependble products
Specialized uses a 4iiii power meter. And for a brand that has proven to deliver dependable products, I'd put all my money on Shimano above every other bike part maker on the face of the earth. Everything Shimano makes is quality. Even the cheapest Shimano parts are quality.
In reviews i read that quar is better than
Shimano, its that posible?

igor46

by igor46

In reviews i can read that quarq its a good powermeter, better than durace. Can be this?

murph

by murph

Power2max new generation are compatible with the new sworks cranks. I use the older version & it has been faultless.

nico1970

by nico1970

murph wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:04 am
Power2max new generation are compatible with the new sworks cranks. I use the older version & it has been faultless.
Are you speaking of this one = https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ng ... wer-meter/

murph

by murph

Yes that one, or the NGEco if you want to save some money https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ng ... wer-meter/

ODC

by ODC

RussellS wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 pm
pyrahna wrote:
Are you sponsored by Shimano?
Everything Shimano makes is quality. That's why the Dura Ace cassette are crap? That's why people there crankset breaks?
Oh yeah the Shimano power is such a good quality that the left/right is wrong... :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

RussellS wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 pm
pyrahna wrote:
Seriously? Ever worked or used Shimano Tourney and not talk about the cheap front derailleurs. There is a reason Sram and Campagnolo doesn't make so cheap parts.