S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

MMW wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm
morganb wrote:
MMW wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:07 pm
Don’t know if it’s the right discussion, but anyway.
Does anyone know if you can use the Aerofly II bars with a normal stem, on a non Venge bike?

Mathias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can, no issues. You can even use the little plastic aero fill ins near the stem with a standard stem.

Thanks. Image
Do you know if you can use a normal Wahoo mount, or do you have to use the specialized mount?

You will just use a standard mount. The specialized mount is for the Venge stem.

MMW

by MMW

morganb wrote:
MMW wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm
morganb wrote:
MMW wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:07 pm
Don’t know if it’s the right discussion, but anyway.
Does anyone know if you can use the Aerofly II bars with a normal stem, on a non Venge bike?

Mathias.

You can, no issues. You can even use the little plastic aero fill ins near the stem with a standard stem.

Thanks. Image
Do you know if you can use a normal Wahoo mount, or do you have to use the specialized mount?

You will just use a standard mount. The specialized mount is for the Venge stem.
Yes, just a standard stem and mount.

Is there enough space on the bar, to fit a wahoo mount?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

packetloss

by packetloss

There is enough space for the k-edge mount, but a garmin mount is a bit tight unless you slid the bars over leaving them uneven. Not sure how big the wahoo mount connector is compared to the k-edge or garmin.

JeffK

by JeffK

Finally got my 56 Venge put together with a 300mm 0mm offset seatpost, a DA9100 Stages LR power meter, DA9150 front and rear derailleurs, DA9100 11-30 cassette, RXL bottle cages, speedplay Chromo pedals with Ti axles and a Romin EVO Pro saddle. Complete and ready to ride it currently weighs in at 7510 gms.
Attachments
IMG_0106.JPG
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi guys, maybe this has been asked already, but reading 66 pages of discussion would be tricky.

If one wanted to fly the bike, is it possible to unscrew the Aerofly bars and put them to the side of the bike? Or, otherwise, is there an alternative aero handlebar for the purpose? Or is it just about leaving some "extra cables"?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

robeambro wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:09 pm
Hi guys, maybe this has been asked already, but reading 66 pages of discussion would be tricky.

If one wanted to fly the bike, is it possible to unscrew the Aerofly bars and put them to the side of the bike? Or, otherwise, is there an alternative aero handlebar for the purpose? Or is it just about leaving some "extra cables"?
Yes, I beleive it is possible. If you watch the videos where they talk about the design and development of the bike, I beleive they talk about this scenario and thats why they design the stem and spacers to be seperated so the bars could be removed for packing/flying.

Brumby

by Brumby

AJS914 wrote:Isn't it the dealer's job to make sure it shifts perfectly without suggesting you buy different parts?
They are not suggesting I pay. But I really find it hard to believe they can’t make it work using the components that are being sold of thousands of bikes

So after a few weeks of poor shifting and continued visits to my LBS Specialized has acknowledged that this problem is not unique to me. Apparently they have had a number of complainants of the same poor front shifting. The Praxis rings and Di2 FD are obviously not a marriage made in heaven. The Praxis rings only have 4 pick ups where as DA had 6 which may explain it in part. Spec Australia have agreed to replace the crank with a Quarq D4 PM and factory DA chainrings. I am very happy with this as I have Quarq PM’s on my 2 other bikes and I have found them to be very accurate and reliable. The drivetrain will be all Shimano DA so should work perfectly. Image

robeambro

by robeambro

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:24 pm
robeambro wrote:

Yes, I beleive it is possible. If you watch the videos where they talk about the design and development of the bike, I beleive they talk about this scenario and thats why they design the stem and spacers to be seperated so the bars could be removed for packing/flying.
Ha! Thanks. I hope you’re right :D

tommyb

by tommyb

Looking to replace the stock thru axles that came with my Venge but I'm confused which measurement identifies the right ones, I know the Venge thru-axle standard is 142x12mm for the rear and 100x12mm for the front but not sure which of these lists correct length - Carbon-Ti front / Carbon-Ti rear or Robert Axle Project

LeDuke

by LeDuke

tommyb wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 pm
Looking to replace the stock thru axles that came with my Venge but I'm confused which measurement identifies the right ones, I know the Venge thru-axle standard is 142x12mm for the rear and 100x12mm for the front but not sure which of these lists correct length - Carbon-Ti front / Carbon-Ti rear or Robert Axle Project
Measure the threads per inch/pitch, and measure the length of your current TAs in the manner they use and compare it to their offerings.

ODC

by ODC

robeambro wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:24 pm
robeambro wrote:

Ha! Thanks. I hope you’re right :D
You can easily unscrew the handlebar from the stem.
What I would do if I would fly with the bike is unscrew the cable-routing under the stem and then unscrew the handlebar. Then I don't see any problems for transporting it.

ODC

by ODC

At this moment I'm using a traditional handlebar (Zipp sl88) on my S-works venge (you can find a photo of it a couple of pages ago).
Why did I use a traditional handlebar? I have more drop in the hoods because it isn't flat (I never ride on top of my handlebar) + love the looks of old school.
Now that the -12 degree stem available is, I'm in doubt to change my old school handlebar to the new aerofly 2. The more drop from the stem will be compensated with the flat aerofly 2.
Would it be a huge work to change the handlebars? My biggest concern are the cable for the brakes. Would there be a solution so I don't need the whole process of bleeding the brakes?

tommyb

by tommyb

[/quote]

Measure the threads per inch/pitch, and measure the length of your current TAs in the manner they use and compare it to their offerings.
[/quote]

Thanks but that's just another way of asking my orginal question, hopefully someone will have an answer for us both :thumbup:

moyboy

by moyboy

Great photo, those letters really pop at the right angle.
Brumby wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:01 am
AJS914 wrote:Isn't it the dealer's job to make sure it shifts perfectly without suggesting you buy different parts?
They are not suggesting I pay. But I really find it hard to believe they can’t make it work using the components that are being sold of thousands of bikes

So after a few weeks of poor shifting and continued visits to my LBS Specialized has acknowledged that this problem is not unique to me. Apparently they have had a number of complainants of the same poor front shifting. The Praxis rings and Di2 FD are obviously not a marriage made in heaven. The Praxis rings only have 4 pick ups where as DA had 6 which may explain it in part. Spec Australia have agreed to replace the crank with a Quarq D4 PM and factory DA chainrings. I am very happy with this as I have Quarq PM’s on my 2 other bikes and I have found them to be very accurate and reliable. The drivetrain will be all Shimano DA so should work perfectly. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

tommyb wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm
[/quote]

Thanks but that's just another way of asking my orginal question, hopefully someone will have an answer for us both :thumbup:
[/quote]

Specialized uses the standard Syntace X-12 on all their bikes and thruaxles.
Like this: http://www.carbon-ti.com/products/axles ... -lock-x-12