S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

preludervtec

by preludervtec

sthompson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:03 am
dznuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 am
A few questions if you don't mind:
1) Is the bottom bracket an alloy or carbon OSBB interface?
2) Is it possible to install the Junction A box inside the handle bar end and route from there (I am thinking about those of us who don't have mechanics who hang out of car windows for us and we need to do a gear adjustment mid-ride)
3) Do the current S-works complete bikes come with sprint shifters installed?
Ya, of course.
1) Alloy. Should be creak free and really long bearing life due to some other techy improvements too!
2) You bet. Besides the team thing, we like wrapping the Aerofly II bars from the top down so there is no electrical tape right at your hands. This means the loose end of bartape needs to be shoved in the drop and secured by the barplug. This is considerably harder with the junction A there and another motivation for our spec to be in the post.
3) No, you'll have to add those separately.

sthompson - In regards to #3 about adding sprint shifters. I thought sprint shifters weren't supported with hydro shifters? Is this now available with the new 8000 and 9100 series di2 hydro shifters? If not, how do you get them to work? I've seen photos of pro's bikes that have them installed and always wondered how mechanics got them to work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Maybe they are SW-R9150.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Darceking

by Darceking

Does a frameset come with Bars / Stem ?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Darceking wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 am
Stem yes, bars no..
You don't get to choose your stem length when you order, it comes with whatever size they put with it.. you'll need to purchase your "correct: size seperatly after if required to..

zenrider

by zenrider

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:50 pm
Darceking wrote:
Stem yes, bars no..
You don't get to choose your stem length when you order, it comes with whatever size they put with it.. you'll need to purchase your "correct: size seperatly after if required to..
Any idea when these are going to be available?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

zenrider wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Darceking wrote:
Stem yes, bars no..
Last time I spoke with Spec if I recall it was end of July or early August? If you look a few pages back (or more) Stewart from Spec posted the PNs for the stems and bars.. if you look on the site at the complete bike specs it lists the stem size for that size that comes with the complete.. the same stem size comes with the framesets.. Im still waiting for a cdn price quote from my shop for frameset, 12 stem, and fly2 bars...

zenrider

by zenrider

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:51 pm
zenrider wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
Darceking wrote:
Stem yes, bars no..
Last time I spoke with Spec if I recall it was end of July or early August? If you look a few pages back (or more) Stewart from Spec posted the PNs for the stems and bars.. if you look on the site at the complete bike specs it lists the stem size for that size that comes with the complete.. the same stem size comes with the framesets.. Im still waiting for a cdn price quote from my shop for frameset, 12 stem, and fly2 bars...
Unfortunately--or forturnately, depending on how you look at it--I was able to purhcase a Sagan full build. Great bike, I just need a different size bar and stem so for the moment I'm running Zipp Sprint stem and Aero bars. I have the part number, my LBS has the part number. I just want the right size bar and stem. :noidea: :mrgreen:

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

zenrider wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
zenrider wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:

Stem yes, bars no..
Unfortunately--or forturnately, depending on how you look at it--I was able to purhcase a Sagan full build. Great bike, I just need a different size bar and stem so for the moment I'm running Zipp Sprint stem and Aero bars. I have the part number, my LBS has the part number. I just want the right size bar and stem. :noidea: :mrgreen:
Congrats on the Sagan Venge.. jealous as **** no 58s supplied to Canada.... if you call Spec on the 800 number on their website I find they are generally really helpful and will let you know of expected arrival dates...

zenrider

by zenrider

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 am
zenrider wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
zenrider wrote:

Congrats on the Sagan Venge.. jealous as **** no 58s supplied to Canada.... if you call Spec on the 800 number on their website I find they are generally really helpful and will let you know of expected arrival dates...
I feel very fortunate to have secured one of the 58s (I have a great LBS). Called the 800 number yesterday and while they wanted to be helpful they have no idea on ETA.

cerro

by cerro

Mounted one at work today and had to try it :) Think I will have to get one for next year, a pro with a bit lighter setup. But I don't understand how this new Venge is over 1kg lighter than the vias, feels so much ;)

Mirco

by Mirco

Development of the Vias is how many years ago? So concerning weiter weight, there has to be an improvement, but as you see, the new Madone Disc is still heavy, but with much more possebilities concerning paint jobs within Project One.

My S-Workshop Venge Vias Disc Sagan Superstar weights 7,8kg including pedals and bottle cages.
Attachments
055471A8-47BC-4AD5-8C60-6EE27C2B619E.jpeg

shn750

by shn750

Can anyone confirm if the 6 degree stem that comes with the bike is a -6 or a +6 stem?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

shn750 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:06 am
Can anyone confirm if the 6 degree stem that comes with the bike is a -6 or a +6 stem?
ummm... its both, depending on which way you flip it.

endershan

by endershan

shn750 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:06 am
mine came with a -6 degree stem.

Warning: Sagan paintjob is super heavy!
Mine weighs 7.75kg
, some information:
1. Frame size 56;
2. 100mm -6 degree stem, with Garmin and Gopro mount
3. Dura-Ace R9170 components with 11-28t cassette, CeramicSpeed pulley cage, S-Works carbon crankarm, S-Works powermeter, Shimano 7900 53/39t chainrings, F160/R140 rotors
4. Shimano PRO Vibe Carbon 440mm
5. Specialized S-Warp HD bar tape
6. Roval CLX 50 Disc wheelset with Schwable Pro One tubeless 25mm, no inner tubes, 30ml sealant each wheel
7. S-works Romin Evo 155mm saddle
8. weighed with bottle cage, without SWAT tools
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

endershan

by endershan

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:06 pm
ummm... its both, depending on which way you flip it.
in fact flipping this specific stem can be tricky, I think it's designed to be used only one way. the spacer, top cap and cable mount are all designed for -6 degree instead of 6 degree.