S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

If, in addition to S-works frameset for $4000, they also make $2000 non S-works frameset.
They'd conquer a lot of market.

TonyM

by TonyM

Yepp, for the correct size it just make the stem length shorter.

And maybe some more aero because of the angle of the bars (like some planes)...I am sure Spez. will have something on that ...LOL...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvq

by dvq

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:39 pm
If, in addition to S-works frameset for $4000, they also make $2000 non S-works frameset.
They'd conquer a lot of market.
If their current lineup and recent history provides any guide as to what they'll do for framesets for the 2019 Venge you can bet on this not happening.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

dvq wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 pm
If their current lineup and recent history provides any guide as to what they'll do for framesets for the 2019 Venge you can bet on this not happening.
Yeah, Spec used to do that, offering the S-Works and Pro frames as options. For the past several years though, they've only offer the S-Works. But I agree, I would love a Pro-level frameset option.

MRM

by MRM

As far as I'm aware there was only one type of Venge Vias frame set. The Pro version of the bike had the same frame as the S-Works. It was only a different paint scheme. That being the case it would not make any business sense to sell it frame only, since there would be pretty much no incentive to by the more expensive S-Works frame (besides the paintjob).

ichobi

by ichobi

For flat aerobar i don't think it's meant to be used with hands on top as much as on drop or hoods. Kind of defeat the purpose.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

So from the horses mouth... the new Venge is disc only... no rim brake framesets will be available... I called looking for a 2017 version Tarmac to see if any were available in my size hoping for a discounted price of older stock, there weren't any, at the same time I poked and asked about the new Venge.. there was some silence on the other side with a I'll see what I can find out with the rim... came back was no.. disc only... I kinda figured as much... even when I asked about the tarmac she went looking for disc for me, I was like NO.. rim please....

Vengyvias1995

by Vengyvias1995

Well im new on the forum
But i ve been following this thread about the venge for a while
I own a rim brake VIAS pro and i really love that bike
As someone mentioned before it has a love or hate it look
I personnally love it
It has that spaceship look,
I remenbered when it was unveilled to cavendish he said that was almost comparing a formula 1 car (Vias) with a normal car
I don t really feel that the braking performance
Is that bad. Yeah it needs a bit more maintenance to keep it sharp but if its set up correctly it brakes as good as a normal rim brake bike
If we really acess the purpuse of the creation of the venge, wich is sprinting and straight line speed, isnt t the braking power and modulation enough for that intended porpouse?
Its not like the venge was built for alpine climbs and descents...
I also own a tarmac sl4 with ultegra brakes and i can t really feel the diference in the brakes
In respect to the new venge im a bit disapointed...the 1st gen VIAS , as i said before, lokeed special, like a spaceship or a formula 1 bike. The new one just looks like an ordinary bike...another one for the infinity of models that exist out there

Jugi

by Jugi

Vengyvias1995 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm
I remenbered when it was unveilled to cavendish he said that was almost comparing a formula 1 car (Vias) with a normal car
I quess that’s a fair analogy. An F1 car is definetly a ”hyper car” and the Venge VIAS was (and is) a ”hyper bike”, but in my mind it would be fair to expect more than average braking from a hyper bike.

On top of that, when the first VIAS was unweiled, my first thought was that it was ahead of it’s time. It should have been disc brake only from the start, therefore the rim brake version has always felt kind of irrelevant to me.

Vengyvias1995

by Vengyvias1995

Jugi wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:25 pm
Vengyvias1995 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm
I quess that’s a fair analogy. An F1 car is definetly a ”hyper car” and the Venge VIAS was (and is) a ”hyper bike”, but in my mind it would be fair to expect more than average braking from a hyper bike.

On top of that, when the first VIAS was unweiled, my first thought was that it was ahead of it’s time. It should have been disc brake only from the start, therefore the rim brake version has always felt kind of irrelevant to me.
I think that, for the pourpose of the vias being built was and is sprinting and straight line speed, the rim version is more than enough for this
If the vias was built and imagined as an allround bike like the pinarello f10, yeah i would also think that the brakes should be a litle better
But it wasnt
It was never designed to be a super hilly or big alpine descent bike...for that there is the tarmac
Its almost like an f1 team, when building is car, fitting it with gravel tires...that kind of car its not meant to be off road...theres rally cars for that
I think this is what specialized tought when built the bike...to be a super fast bike on the kind of conditions that it was designed for
Some say that the foil and the f10 or the domane are less complicated, lighter and more versatily
But, in hindsight, from those 3 only the f10 really won some important races (and roubaix for the foil)
The vias when raced on its designed terrain completely smashed those bikes...and not only with sagan riding it

Jugi

by Jugi

Oh yes, the Venge VIAS most likely crushes all competitors if the amount of wins is compared to elapsed race distance or time, or even the amount of race starts at the World Tour level. But then again there may be some reasons why the pros aren’t particularly interested in racing the VIAS, although Specialized sponsors multiple WT teams... I mean there should be a high propability of them always choosing the fastest bike model for the course at hand.

Vengyvias1995

by Vengyvias1995

Jugi wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:30 pm
Oh yes, the Venge VIAS most likely crushes all competitors if the amount of wins is compared to elapsed race distance or time, or even the amount of race starts at the World Tour level. But then again there may be some reasons why the pros aren’t particularly interested in racing the VIAS, although Specialized sponsors multiple WT teams... I mean there should be a high propability of them always choosing the fastest bike model for the course at hand.
The bora team used the rim brake version last year and this season until the new one apeared at the dauphine
I really don t remenber sagan and tge bora team using the first gen vias disc...at last years TDU sagan had a disc one with the golden wheels but i think it was never used, it was only for show
Since then only the rim brake version was used by them
Only quickstep started using the disc version from the TDF onwards
Even gaviria used the rim brake at last years giro

spartan

by spartan

if you check specialized 2019 bikes on us web site all the tarmacs released are disc. new venge will also be disc ONLY. great news for Trek. new madone still available with both.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

spartan wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:04 pm
if you check specialized 2019 bikes on us web site all the tarmacs released are disc. new venge will also be disc ONLY. great news for Trek. new madone still available with both.
Glad I got my SL6 rim frameset while I had the chance... Spec Canada told me 2 weeks ago there would be no rim version of the Venge... I went hunting for a pre SL6 tarmac and she started looking for disc brake.. seemed rather surprised when I said I wanted rim only... Link for the 2019? Went on site but didnt see anything for the venge or sworks tarmac.. keep in mind spec said in the spring rim bikes will be framesets only (in this case venge out)