S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thebubbatex

by thebubbatex

ergott wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:01 pm
mrlobber wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 pm
ergott wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am
140mm front rotor and I'm not sure a 160mm can fit in that fork. If I'm right that's a hard pass. I won't ride a disc bike with 140mm front rotor.
Why? Is there so big decrease in stopping power vs 160mm?
In mountaineous terrain you have repeated heavy braking and a smaller rotor is more prone to fade. I also prefer the stopping power. I had the same bike that started out with 140 and I swapped it out. I noticed the improvement right away. For flatter courses and pro tour rider weights I'm sure 140 is fine.
I was about to ask the same thing - why? Thanks for the answer. I run 140's and think they are wonderful but I live in Texas and my biggest downhill last about 45 seconds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

MRM wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Does anyone know why the bars are angled at the tops the way they are? Would seem to cause your elbows to move outwards away from the body when riding in the tops and be both aesthetically as well as aerodynamically worse. I'd guess it's more aero in the hoods and drops, but maybe someone has more info or an idea.
I'm guessing its just an optical illusion... I'd be willing to guess that the front edge is actually flat/straight but it appears as if its angling forward because the rear edge is getting narrower as you get out to the end. This is the way the S-Works Aerofly bars are on 1st gen. Venge.

htc

by htc

I think the angling is done to free up arm space when sprinting in the drops. Similar to the Vison Metron 5D bar. If you’re on the tops you’re probably not worried about aero as you’re unlikely to be going fast enough for it to be a factor..

Datmo

by Datmo

I talked to my local Specialized dealer this morning and they believe (but can not confirm) the new Venge might be available as early as end of July. But don’t be surprised if they’ll be as hard to get a hold of as the new Tarmac SL6 Disc has been.

They also said that they believe the new Venge will come equipped with Roval CLX 50 wheels instead of the CLX 64 that was “part of the aerodynamic” package with the previous gen Venge Vias. Why? Because the cut out in the down tube is no more and so the frame is not as dependent on a specific type of wheelset in order to be as efficient as possible.

And finally weight. All speculation of course but they reckon the bike need to shed 700-800g compared to the previous gen in order to be “competetative”. So closer to 7kg for a complete.

MRM

by MRM

All of that sounds great. Only niggle I have is, I'd love my bike to be able to get to 6.8kg and it is great if the new Venge does, but it just doesn't look special anymore. I think the first gen Venge Vias looks like a space ship compared to regular bikes and while it's certainly a love or hate thing, I love the look of it. The only other bike that I like as much or more in terms of looks is a Pinarello Dogma F10 with 60mm wheels.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Call me a cynic but I don’t really think this post is about Gaviria...
Attachments
9BF3F390-13A6-4DC2-800F-A1A3E0DD2429.png

nico1970

by nico1970

Hi all

rumors saids that official presentation will be on july 4th, does anyone confirm this?

Any news for colours, two different colours should be for frame kit only, and one for pre-assebled version

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

MRM wrote:All of that sounds great. Only niggle I have is, I'd love my bike to be able to get to 6.8kg and it is great if the new Venge does, but it just doesn't look special anymore. I think the first gen Venge Vias looks like a space ship compared to regular bikes and while it's certainly a love or hate thing, I love the look of it. The only other bike that I like as much or more in terms of looks is a Pinarello Dogma F10 with 60mm wheels.
We must be in the minority that love the spaceship looks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ichobi

by ichobi

We don't even need official confirmatoin. It will be annouced before TDF with press camp already done or to be held soon, having seen them out in full force for two WT races already. Sagan or Gaviria will get a win on it in TDF. That's the script. At least they need to that curb whatever left of ViAS's notorious reputation.

agfu

by agfu

I’m liking the breadth of colours and styles they have for the tarmac so I hope they do come out with more than just the 2 colours especially with a broader canvas

Downside with the additional surface area is you’ll maybe need more paint making it heavier

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I'd imagine that the press camp has already happened... the owner of my LBS was out in Boulder, CO last week, riding "something new". He wasn't allowed to show any pics.

jlok

by jlok

Do you think the introduction of Venge and Madone represents the final specification of UCI rules of disc brake for 2019 racing?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MRM

by MRM

Nefarious86 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am
MRM wrote:All of that sounds great. Only niggle I have is, I'd love my bike to be able to get to 6.8kg and it is great if the new Venge does, but it just doesn't look special anymore. I think the first gen Venge Vias looks like a space ship compared to regular bikes and while it's certainly a love or hate thing, I love the look of it. The only other bike that I like as much or more in terms of looks is a Pinarello Dogma F10 with 60mm wheels.
It's all good, man. Living the life less ordinary isn't for everyone! :wink: :thumbup:

wingguy

by wingguy

ichobi wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 pm
Sagan or Gaviria will get a win on it in TDF. That's the script. At least they need to that curb whatever left of ViAS's notorious reputation.
That doesn't really make sense. I'm no fan of the Vias but it's got plenty of TdF and other GT wins under its belt. Not to mention a World Champs.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

MRM wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am
It's all good, man. Living the life less ordinary isn't for everyone! :wink: Image
Mine should be here this week. Couldn't resist trying one in disc now my rim brake one has gone to a new home.
wingguy wrote:
ichobi wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 pm
Sagan or Gaviria will get a win on it in TDF. That's the script. At least they need to that curb whatever left of ViAS's notorious reputation.
That doesn't really make sense. I'm no fan of the Vias but it's got plenty of TdF and other GT wins under its belt. Not to mention a World Champs.
Because the interwebs latched onto the initial issues with braking that were sorted out (never had an issue with mine, the riser bar did create a small amount of cable drag if you cut the inners short) and then people who didnt fit them insisted on riding around with 50mm of spacers giraffe style.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com