S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Just showed our area shimano rep the seatpost and his response was "that's cool, but as soon as you forget to close that cover in crap weather; warranty claims"
kkibbler wrote:Very clever Di2 integration in the seatpost. Liking this much more than bar-end. Except for all the road gunk it will get there.
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

No different to anywhere else on the bike. If you're stupid enough to drown it then theres only one person to blame.. No doubt they would have been in consultation with Shimano over the placement of it due to how strict they are on supply limitations, who remembers SCS to get around their chainstay requirements?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

What's the benefit of that placement though. That location is definitely subject to a ton of spray if the road gets damp. What's wrong with an integrated downtube junction?

KotP

by KotP

kkibbler wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 am
Very clever Di2 integration in the seatpost. Liking this much more than bar-end. Except for all the road gunk it will get there.
Don't worry, the saddle bag will shield it ;)

TonyM

by TonyM

I actually like the current Venge but this one looks even better!!
And much better than the Tarmac!

Andres

by Andres

endershan wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:45 am
Looks like they used similar headtube routing design as BMC SLR01 Disc. Finger crossed for standard stem and bar support.
Looks like they're using a 31.8 bar with some wedges that gives it that massive airfoil look. Pretty clever if so.

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

Yep, it's a standard stem + aerofly bar, with some kind of fairing to fill in the gaps... Pretty neat solution to the adjustability problem of integrated bars

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

just tell me how much it weighs :)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Digger90

by Digger90

BSA 68mm BB - Yaaay! :D

Looks like we might be on the road to finally getting rid of that press-fit cr@p.

Broady

by Broady

Looks very pedestrian compared to the old one, not necessarily a bad thing going by the weight and assembly 'quirks'. I'm sure it's superb though. Aero frames are definitely all following the same design cues nowadays, it must work I guess.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nefarious86 wrote:No different to anywhere else on the bike. If you're stupid enough to drown it then theres only one person to blame.. No doubt they would have been in consultation with Shimano over the placement of it due to how strict they are on supply limitations, who remembers SCS to get around their chainstay requirements?

“SCS”... spell it out for me again. Is that where they had the proprietary hub requirements to accommodate for the revised chainline due to dropout width for discs? That wasn’t that long ago, right? Kind of like Cervelo’s proprietary cranks to accommodate for the revised chainline, except Cervelo changed things up front and Soecialized changed the rear. It’s getting harder and harder to keep track.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Digger90 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Looks like we might be on the road to finally getting rid of that press-fit cr@p.

The Specialized pro teams always get threaded BBs on their bikes. Consider it “pro issue” only.

Rest assured, they aren’t going to put BSA on a production bike when it needs to accommodate 30mm S-Works carbon cranks. They could install those oversized shitty external cups, but won’t.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm
Digger90 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm

The Specialized pro teams always get threaded BBs on their bikes. Consider it “pro issue” only.

Rest assured, they aren’t going to put BSA on a production bike when it needs to accommodate 30mm S-Works carbon cranks. They could install those oversized shitty external cups, but won’t.
Hey guys,
Its not a threaded BB... its a ceramic speed outboard cup model for shimano cranks.. I have the exact same BB on my 2016 Sagan camo tarmac. Now saying not threaded, it does actually thread together in the middle since its 2 seperate pieces...

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/produ ... ano%20Road

MRM

by MRM

Prefer my old one in terms of looks. Wonder if the new one gets down to 6.8 kg though?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

Calnago wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:00 pm
Nefarious86 wrote:No different to anywhere else on the bike. If you're stupid enough to drown it then theres only one person to blame.. No doubt they would have been in consultation with Shimano over the placement of it due to how strict they are on supply limitations, who remembers SCS to get around their chainstay requirements?

“SCS”... spell it out for me again. Is that where they had the proprietary hub requirements to accommodate for the revised chainline due to dropout width for discs? That wasn’t that long ago, right? Kind of like Cervelo’s proprietary cranks to accommodate for the revised chainline, except Cervelo changed things up front and Soecialized changed the rear. It’s getting harder and harder to keep track.
Yes. My Crux has a 12x135mm thru-axle and it was a huge PITA to get another wheelset. I even went back to Spesh to get a second set of stock wheels and they were sold out of literally every SCS wheelset they made, from $250 up to $2400. I had to buy the stock hubs and get wheels built or spend a fortune with Hope hubs. I told myself I didn't need another set of wheels for it, but then I went out and immediately sought one out.