S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sthompson

by sthompson

@ParisCarbon - I can't reply to your PM since I don't have enough posts on here yet. You should be able to email me directly though!

sthompson

by sthompson

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 pm
ichobi wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 am
@sthompson Really appreciate you coming out to answer our questions. Finally, I don't find any information regarding SRM mount on the new Aerofly II bar. I assume Specialized is not making one?
I don't think they ever did.. SRM DOES make a mount though specific to the Venge stem... its on the USA site and goes for $80 or something ridiculous...
Correct, we don't have a SRM mount for these. You'll have to get clever to mount an SRM head unit on there with the Venge stem and Aerofly II. If you're using the Aerofly II with our SL stem on the Tarmac though, you might have enough real estate to get the clamp on there if you file it a bit.
There's a lot of clever people making stuff on shapeways though! I think at least one guy made an SRM mount for the ViAS thru that service before.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sthompson

by sthompson

cycleboyco wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm
I think the question was trying to get at how much the forward sweep of Aerofly 2 impacted reach versus a zero sweep bar like the S-Works SL bar. Sounds like, in your case, the 5mm spacer brings back the bars enough (1-2mm?) to negate the impact of the sweep, with only the spec'd reach difference between 75mm and 80mm impacting the reach.

Does the computer mount attach to the Venge stem? If so and you do not use the Venge stem, is there room on the Aerofly 2, assuming a "normal" stem clamping width like the S-Works stem, for a K-Edge computer mount that attaches to the bar or would an out front stem mount be needed? I assume those triangle shaped pieces would not be used if you are not using the Venge stem, but still does not look like much room for a normal K-Edge out front mount that attaches to the bar. Appreciate all the responses-sure you will go back to just lurking soon! Back to Venge specific questions..
Yes, the mount attaches to the Venge stem faceplate with a T-nut.
There is some room, but not a ton for a K-Edge on the side with the SL stem. I think there are a few generations of the K-Edge mount, with the newest/slimmest one just barely fitting with the SL stem.

I'm glad to be on here a bit! I cringe at the mis-information that shows up on the internet sometimes so hopefully people can just get a straight answer here if they need some info. :thumbup:
Attachments
fig3.JPG

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Stewart... so awesome to see you here, answerng questions. I got a look at the bike in person on Wednesday and it is just phenominal. You and your team did a great job, putting together a complete bike.

dznuzz

by dznuzz

A few questions if you don't mind:
1) Is the bottom bracket an alloy or carbon OSBB interface?
2) Is it possible to install the Junction A box inside the handle bar end and route from there (I am thinking about those of us who don't have mechanics who hang out of car windows for us and we need to do a gear adjustment mid-ride)
3) Do the current S-works complete bikes come with sprint shifters installed?

sthompson

by sthompson

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 am
Stewart... so awesome to see you here, answerng questions. I got a look at the bike in person on Wednesday and it is just phenominal. You and your team did a great job, putting together a complete bike.
Thanks! We're proud of it for sure and hearing the positive feedback from other riders is even better.
I've seen you have some cool Specialized bikes; I hope to see you on this Venge someday too!

sthompson

by sthompson

dznuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 am
A few questions if you don't mind:
1) Is the bottom bracket an alloy or carbon OSBB interface?
2) Is it possible to install the Junction A box inside the handle bar end and route from there (I am thinking about those of us who don't have mechanics who hang out of car windows for us and we need to do a gear adjustment mid-ride)
3) Do the current S-works complete bikes come with sprint shifters installed?
Ya, of course.
1) Alloy. Should be creak free and really long bearing life due to some other techy improvements too!
2) You bet. Besides the team thing, we like wrapping the Aerofly II bars from the top down so there is no electrical tape right at your hands. This means the loose end of bartape needs to be shoved in the drop and secured by the barplug. This is considerably harder with the junction A there and another motivation for our spec to be in the post.
3) No, you'll have to add those separately.

C36

by C36

Stewart,
While I am not interested in the frame (zero use and interest in disc, if only a rim brake version existed...) I am interested in the bar... have you posted geometry specs anywhere? Looking if the aerofly-II has any flare (for example 38c-c at the hoods, 40 at the drops?).
Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

sthompson

by sthompson

C36 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:43 am
Stewart,
While I am not interested in the frame (zero use and interest in disc, if only a rim brake version existed...) I am interested in the bar... have you posted geometry specs anywhere? Looking if the aerofly-II has any flare (for example 38c-c at the hoods, 40 at the drops?).
Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
No flare on these guys. The measured widths (380/400/420/440) are c-c on the hoods and drops. Same geo as the original Aerofly (80mm reach x 130mm drop).
Hopefully our site will get updated with the product info about those next week here.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Any reason that you guys didnt flare them?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

dvq

by dvq

sthompson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:03 am
Ya, of course.
1) Alloy. Should be creak free and really long bearing life due to some other techy improvements too!
Wait are you saying you guys went _back_ to the Alloy OSBB shell, or it's just a carbon OSBB shell with an alloy insert epoxied in with 3m dp-240 like the 2018 Venge Vias and other newer Specialized bikes?

dznuzz

by dznuzz

4: I know you have answered bike travel packing questions before but do you know if it is feasible to pack the new Venge in an Orucase? (If you haven't heard of the Orucase it is a really compact travel case that requires the fork to be removed from the bike). I realize that total fork removal is unlikely due to the hydraulic lines but do you think it would be possible to pull the fork out and get it to lie along the length downtube?

5: Can the Venge mount 160mm rotors in the front and rear?
Last edited by dznuzz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

endershan

by endershan

Stewart, where do you suggest I put the Bluetooth transmitter WU111? Replace the 1400mm wire with two wires and put the transmitter inside the frame?
Another question, the di2 wires your instruction suggest is way longer than Shimano’s length limit. For example, Shimano requires the wires combined from battery to front derailleur to be no longer than 1500mm, and rear derailleur no longer than 1700mm. On Venge both length are longer, so will there be any power issues?

Stueys

by Stueys

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:20 am
Any reason that you guys didnt flare them?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Agree, after my aeronova I love flared bars, make a lot of sense on an aero bike.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

sthompson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:52 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 am
Thanks! We're proud of it for sure and hearing the positive feedback from other riders is even better.
I've seen you have some cool Specialized bikes; I hope to see you on this Venge someday too!
Thanks Stewart... I am a mega Specialized fan and definitely love the S bikes I have... 2015 Venge Pro, 2015 S-Works Allez, 2014 S-Works Shiv TT and 2016 Fuse Comp 6Fattie.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com