S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JeffK

by JeffK

Just picked up my Venge Pro last night. Size 56 completely stock with no pedals and no cages weighs 7.5kg on the nose. Will be detailing my mods and final weight in the next week or so.

Quick question: My bike was assembled as a show bike before I received it. What extra parts/peices are supposed to come with the bike? I want to make sure I am not missing parts. Does the bike come with:

- Di2 Charger?
- 2 Stem Tops caps? (one for spacers, one cover)
- Both 7x7 seat clamp and 7x9 seat clamp?
- Spare derailleur hanger?
- Front Garmin Mount?
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Has anyone built up a bike with non euro brakesetup? So front brake as the right lever? If so how did you get round crossing the brake lines over? At the stem still?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

JeffK: Charger yes, 2 tops caps yes, just one seatclamp which is on, no extra derailleur hanger, front mount for garmin and a lot of other computers yes. Just that and manuals and tubeless valves.

whatleytom: You change the routing around the fork between the top headset bearing if doing it properly.

JeffK

by JeffK

cerro wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm
JeffK: Charger yes, 2 tops caps yes, just one seatclamp which is on, no extra derailleur hanger, front mount for garmin and a lot of other computers yes. Just that and manuals and tubeless valves.
Thanks! Much appreciated!
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

whatleytom

by whatleytom

cerro wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 pm

whatleytom: You change the routing around the fork between the top headset bearing if doing it properly.
Spot on thanks, figured it out eventually!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Wheeee!!! My frameset has arrived!!! Pick it up tomorrow with the Aerofly 2s and the 12cm Venge stem....

Now all I need is the EPS 12...

73Bronco

by 73Bronco

ParisCarbon wrote:Wheeee!!! My frameset has arrived!!! Pick it up tomorrow with the Aerofly 2s and the 12cm Venge stem....

Now all I need is the EPS 12...
Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I'll get some pics in the next week and some weights and post.. what a sweet looking frameset though!!
Already swapped out the 11 stem and put the 12 on.. I'll be running EPS on mine.. since the brake cables run under the stem into the headtube, I am just going to fix the DTI to the cables underneath the stem.. the cables will be rigid in place since they go under the stem guide at the handlebar, then into the headtube via the spacer..
Unless of course Campy has a new DTI that fits the bar end which would be nice with the 12 spd...
The only disappointing part was the Aerofly 2 bars do not come with the end cable bats (the screw on pieces where the cables come out of the bar)

MMW

by MMW

Good choice

But does the frame or the aerofly bars come with a wahoo/Garmin mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

MMW wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Good choice Image

Yes, it comes with a mount that you build up... it has a proprietary mount system for the stem (it mounts from the backside) you then build the mount for what you like.. Garmin, Wahoo, and there was a underside mount for a camera or lighting included with mine as well. If you look on page 8 of the link, you can see the assemby procedure.. the instructions say it follows the barfly standard and available from them.

https://media.specialized.com/support/c ... 104623.pdf

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:15 am
MMW wrote:
Good choice Image

Yes, it comes with a mount that you build up... it has a proprietary mount system for the stem (it mounts from the backside) you then build the mount for what you like.. Garmin, Wahoo, and there was a underside mount for a camera or lighting included with mine as well. If you look on page 8 of the link, you can see the assemby procedure.. the instructions say it follows the barfly standard and available from them. Nothing comes with bar, the mount comes as a frame accesory.. the 12cm stem I purchased was supplied with the under cable guide kit frm just behind the bar...

MMW

by MMW

ParisCarbon wrote:
MMW wrote:
Good choice Image

Yes, it comes with a mount that you build up... it has a proprietary mount system for the stem (it mounts from the backside) you then build the mount for what you like.. Garmin, Wahoo, and there was a underside mount for a camera or lighting included with mine as well. If you look on page 8 of the link, you can see the assemby procedure.. the instructions say it follows the barfly standard and available from them.

Thank you that was very helpfulImage

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

For those on the Venge, how does it stack up in comfort? Especially compared to a Madone if you have ridden one.

Brumby

by Brumby

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 am
For those on the Venge, how does it stack up in comfort? Especially compared to a Madone if you have ridden one.
I have gone from an SL5 SW Tarmac and it is definately a harsher ride...but it is super fast so I can live with it 👊

Brumby

by Brumby

Last night I weighted my 49cm SL5 SW Tarmac Rim Brake, Red eTap, current generation Zipp 303FC clincehrs (45mm), DZero PM, Arundel carbon cages, K-Edge wahoo mount, carbon 3T cockpit (110mm stem/ 40cm bars) and it came in at 7kg exactly
I also weighted my new 49cm SW Venge with Roval CLX50, 120mm stem/38cm bars, same cages and factory computer mount and it was exactly the same weight 😳
I think that is absolultey unbeleivable for a full aero bike with dics, deeper wheels and heavier Di2 👊

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com