S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

ryanw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:10 pm
THe K-Edge Enve Aero mount comes with pre-drilled holes. Literally took 10 seconds to install.
just posting to say thanks, ordered the go-pro mount, and it did indeed just bolt in

super clean now, cheers!

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Is there a link to the actual mount that you used? Does this bolt up to the Aerofly II stem face?

Maybe a photo to assist?

Is this it: https://enve.com/products/computer-mount/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Brumby

by Brumby

Hi guys,
Just picked up my new S-Works Venge and the front shifting was terrible, mashing trying to go front little to big. Took it back dealer and they can’t seem to get it right which is very frustrating! They are going to try different chainrings and see if that works alternately they suggested replacing the Sworks cranks and praxis rjngs with a DA power crank. Anyone had similar issues?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

Isn't it the dealer's job to make sure it shifts perfectly without suggesting you buy different parts?

Brumby

by Brumby

AJS914 wrote:Isn't it the dealer's job to make sure it shifts perfectly without suggesting you buy different parts?
They are not suggesting I pay. But I really find it hard to believe they can’t make it work using the components that are being sold of thousands of bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

Yeah, you'd think they would get Specialized on the phone and say, 'we can't get this to work' and they would just solve the problem behind the scenes without the customer ever knowing.

sychen

by sychen

Doesn't sound right.. If the shifting isn't correct then the most likely culprit is the front derailleur.

Have they just swapped it out and tried another?
I use the same. Combo on my tarmac and have no issues as well as all the owners in WW. Unless the install/manufacture is drastically out of whack, it's unlikely to be crankset.

Side by side comparisons with another venge possible? Have a look at the gaps from bb to cranks.. Rings, and derailleur setup of the limit screws.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ill principe

by ill principe

Looking for input regarding sizing. My measuments are as follows:

Being quite tall but with short legs, and a preference for slammed stems, I see 58 as the primary (only?) option.
Attachments
Tobias_bike_fit.jpg
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

cerro

by cerro

sychen wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 am
Doesn't sound right.. If the shifting isn't correct then the most likely culprit is the front derailleur.

I use the same. Combo on my tarmac and have no issues as well as all the owners in WW. Unless the install/manufacture is drastically out of whack, it's unlikely to be crankset.

Side by side comparisons with another venge possible? Have a look at the gaps from bb to cranks.. Rings, and derailleur setup of the limit screws.

Agree, built 4 new S-Works Venge and never had any problems with the front derailleur. And like 5 SW Tarmac SL6 with the same setup. No issues.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

cerro wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm
sychen wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 am

Agree, built 4 new S-Works Venge and never had any problems with the front derailleur. And like 5 SW Tarmac SL6 with the same setup. No issues.
Dunno if it matters or not, but is the support screw installed? My SL5 had it installed, but I didn't bother on my Stevens CX as it won't accept it due to the shape of the carbon at the FD mount...

RussellS

by RussellS

ill principe wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 am

Being quite tall but with short legs, and a preference for slammed stems, I see 58 as the primary (only?) option.
58cm Venge. 58cm Venge has 57.7cm toptube. You are 6' 1.5" tall. 34" inseam. I'd say your legs are a little, little bit shorter than normal. But not that much shorter. At your height and torso length, you need a longer toptube. I am only 5'11" tall and I could fit on the 58cm Venge fine. I use bikes with 57cm toptube. You being several inches taller, you need the 57.7cm toptube. 12-13cm stem. Peter Sagan is supposedly 184cm tall. 6' 0.5". 1 inch shorter than you. He rides a 56cm Venge. But his stem is 145mm long. Slammed stem. Setback seatpost. Saddle all the way back on rails. Difference in toptube length between 56 and 58 Venge is 15mm.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

ill principe wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 am

Im about 2 cm shorter than you overall height, but approx 7cm longer inseam.. I went with a 58 model and ordered a 12stem seperately...
For reference, I ride a 58 SL5 and 58 in the SL6 as well.. Only reason Im on hte 58 is because I need the seat height.

andreas

by andreas

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:04 pm
Im about 2 cm shorter than you overall height, but approx 7cm longer inseam.. I went with a 58 model and ordered a 12stem seperately...
For reference, I ride a 58 SL5 and 58 in the SL6 as well.. Only reason Im on hte 58 is because I need the seat height.
Have you tried the bike yet? I went with a 56 with a 120mm stem after trying a Tarmac SL6 in 56, and comparing the Venge geo to my current bike. 184cm/84cm inseam.

LBS said the sizing guide was for old stiff guys, lol.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

andreas wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:04 pm
Have you tried the bike yet? I went with a 56 with a 120mm stem after trying a Tarmac SL6 in 56, and comparing the Venge geo to my current bike. 184cm/84cm inseam.

LBS said the sizing guide was for old stiff guys, lol.
No... Im in Canada, the frameset has been on order for about 2.5 months now.. Im hoping it should be there this week.. the aerofly 2 bars and the 12cm stem did show up though, but I havent picked them up.. Even if it showed up Im waiting for EPS 12, so I'm SOL til Spring anyways.. My long inseam requires the 58 regardless because of seatpost length.. my 58 SL5 with a 350mm post was just over the max limit, so I went with an FSA K Force 400mm. (My sadde is a hair over 81.5 cm).. For me the 56 would require a ton of spacers under the stem to bring the stem to an appropriate height as well.. theres about a 2.5cm difference in the headtube lenghts on the 56 to 58 models.. Im already running 1.5cm of spacers over a 9mm topcap on my SL5.. so Id need another inch of spacers to balance it out, plus I like the longer tt and being stretched out... I started racing in 88 and still use the Lemond ways of setup.. it works great for me, and I go by the if its not broke don't fix it moto!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreas

by andreas

Thanks for the details, it's gonna be exciting to see if I wasted my money when I get the bike :D Here it's on pre-order for 3 more months.

I'm hoping that my preference for a crouched position, low inseam and the low stack/reach will result in a 56 turning out allright for me :)