S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blind76

by blind76

With 64s on the front, descending can be very hectic even on the regular wind...

Would 110mm stem make the difference?

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

andreas wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:13 am
seaneT1 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:22 pm
blind76 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:35 am
seaneT1 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:51 pm
I am 1,83m, ride a 54 size Venge and have the saddle at around 75cm and have a 130mm stem with a 42cm bar. Do whatever feels best for you honestly, don't bother with size guides and stuff that much...
So you are 4cm taller than me and almost only in legs and have 3cm bigger stem...

Have you tried it 100mm stem and what is the diff between them?

It came with a 100mm stem on, used it like that for about 3 months before going to 130mm, and before changing, I always felt crammed. I couldn't fit my hands and couldn't get lowat all. Also, I couldn't control the bike really well when going downhill with the shorter stem. After the change, everything felt and fit waaaay better.
Man I'm tempted to try a size 54, I feel I don't get enough weight over the rear wheel when going downhill, and feel like I'm trying to "control the bike" instead of just "being an extension of it". Size 56, 184 cm height, seat at 74.5cm, 120mm stem, 0-offset seat post.

On my gravel bike I'm running a 55 ETT frame with 32mm offset seat post and 120mm stem, and it handles so well comparatively downhill.

180cm, 84cm inseam, 56 Venge with 90mm stem; no spacers. Kind of unhappy I sticked with the Spec sizing recommendation but the again I wouldnt have bought the purple venge... next venge (-revenge-) will be 54cm for sure.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommsup

by tommsup

adriant wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:34 am
Will this bb fit to Venge? https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/cycling ... 0-sram-gxp
Yes, this BB will fit a 2019+ Venge disc frameset with a GXP crankset.

To reduce the risk of noise from the BB you should also condider one-piece options from BBInfinite and Hambini:

https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb3 ... 2646627587
https://www.hambini.com/product/bb30-to ... m-bracket/

blind76

by blind76

Guys how to you setup Aerofly 2 handlebar? How do you rotate it and how do you position the shifters?

I rotate mine to get tops in level but I see a lot of images where the tops are angled up but as far as I understand aero that makes worst aero than round bars

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

blind76 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:17 am
Guys how to you setup Aerofly 2 handlebar? How do you rotate it and how do you position the shifters?

I rotate mine to get tops in level but I see a lot of images where the tops are angled up but as far as I understand aero that makes worst aero than round bars
It's an airfoil. Airfoil aren't rotated so that the top is flat, otherwise the bottom is angled more starply upward. Look at it from the side and center the tail, so that the angle of the top and bottom flat part is the same.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Position the bars for your comfort. A tiny bit of pitch up/down ultimately doesn't matter as much as comfort in, say, the drops.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Easiest way to setup bars “correctly” is to place a level at the end of the bar and rotate the bar till the level is perpendicular to the ground

maldock

by maldock

Hi does anyone here put PPF on their venge? If so, is it a generic pre cut film or Vebge specific? Thanks!

mile2424

by mile2424

Here are a few first pictures of a custom painted Specialized S-Works Venge frame I had done recently by the artist Ornamental Conifer. I will add some addtional details on our design process/inspiration soon in the introduce yourself section and hope to get it built up in the coming months as well.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

mile2424 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:21 am
Here are a few first pictures of a custom painted Specialized S-Works Venge frame I had done recently by the artist Ornamental Conifer. I will add some addtional details on our design process/inspiration soon in the introduce yourself section and hope to get it built up in the coming months as well.

thats so funky, very jealous!

johnrho

by johnrho

deepalk wrote:Hi guys just wondering of any one has any experience with thru axles coming slightly undone on the Venge. I recently went out for a ride and noticed my front brakes were rubbing ever so slightly while out of the saddle. Got back home and checked the thru axles both front and rear. They were slighlty loose. I has previously torqued them to 15nm as specified. Probably done over 2000km since the wheels were tightened. Could the grease applied to the shaft and the thread be causing them to unwind slighlty? Would there be any downside to applying to some blue loctite to the thread only?
I have the same issue..

I also have an issue where the thru axle binds when tightening half way thru - we originally thought the threads needed cleaning but even after tapping 3 times it didn’t rectify the issue. We finally determine that the holes were off by 1-2mm and Specialized Canada was going to warranty the fork. They didn’t have a 49cm sized fork so they had to make new forks via molds so that was 6months ago. Specialized is also thinking that the thru axle coming undone is due to the fork issue.

My mechanic just texted me saying the fork should be here this week so the binding issue will hopefully be solved. I won’t know if the thru axle coming undone is fixed till I ride outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrho

by johnrho

Martyn just sent me pics of the custom aero spacer I got him to make for my THM Tibia stem. Can’t wait to get this installed

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

johnrho wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:59 pm
Martyn just sent me pics of the custom aero spacer I got him to make for my THM Tibia stem. Can’t wait to get this installed

very nice! A question: is this the spacer that goes on top of the Venge headset spacer? Asking because it looks a bit thick and while I am tempted go this route, am very hesitant because I am slammed on my Venge, with the steerer cut. I think THM stem is 40mm high, vs 35mm for the Venge stem, so I worry that the whole assembly will be higher than I want and also just not fit the cut steerer. Would you perhaps be able to measure the total height of stem + headset spacer and the raceware custom piece?

johnrho

by johnrho

aeroisnteverything wrote:
johnrho wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:59 pm

very nice! A question: is this the spacer that goes on top of the Venge headset spacer? Asking because it looks a bit thick and while I am tempted go this route, am very hesitant because I am slammed on my Venge, with the steerer cut. I think THM stem is 40mm high, vs 35mm for the Venge stem, so I worry that the whole assembly will be higher than I want and also just not fit the cut steerer. Would you perhaps be able to measure the total height of stem + headset spacer and the raceware custom piece?
Good question - I’m waiting for Martyn to send it back to me but I’ll ask him to measure the total height. I’m not slammed so never thought about the height difference as I have room to remove some existing spacers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com