S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

You can flip the puck on the integrated Barfly so smaller computers sit closer to the stem faceplate. The position of the puck in the photo above is for larger computers like the original ELEMNT and the Edge 1030.

Dodger747

by Dodger747

Ha - I did think that when I was putting it on, but I've been using the Garmin adapter also for my Edge :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dodger747

by Dodger747

Ok, take 2!

parajba

by parajba

Installed a Wahoo Bolt using the supplied Barfly adapter for Wahoo computers. There is an annoying side play, half a millimetre would say, after it ‘clicks’. It is secure, yes, but I don’t like this play. I tested the Bolt with the mount that comes with it in the box and there is no play whatsoever.
Has anybody experienced the same? I managed to reduce the play to almost zero by adding some little bits of sticky tape in between the plastic Barfly mount and the metal Barfly bit, this is to lift the two little clips by half a millimetre to create more compression.
Thoughts?

Darceking

by Darceking

Mine is pretty snug once it's on. No play at all

parajba

by parajba

Darceking wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:20 am
Thanks, perhaps I got a bad patch. Will ask my LBS to give me another Wahoo disc/adapter to test it, perhaps the one I have has a small tolerance that causes this issue.

Bigmac

by Bigmac

parajba wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 am
Darceking wrote:
Thanks, perhaps I got a bad patch. Will ask my LBS to give me another Wahoo disc/adapter to test it, perhaps the one I have has a small tolerance that causes this issue.
My Wahoo Bolt mount is also quite a snug fit, definately no slack. Maybe i'm fickle but my main complaint would be that in it's closest position to the stem faceplate, the Bolt is still way out further than I would like! I did contact Andy at Mac Cad the 3D guy who's designed some very nice aftermarket Bolt mounts for Bontrager Blendr set ups but nothing for the Venge so far!
Attachments
IMG_3321 2.jpeg

Campervan

by Campervan

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pm
You can flip the puck on the integrated Barfly so smaller computers sit closer to the stem faceplate. The position of the puck in the photo above is for larger computers like the original ELEMNT and the Edge 1030.
How do I slip it over?
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

L3X

by L3X

Unscrew it and use the other threads in the faceplate, see page 8 here:
https://media.specialized.com/support/c ... 104623.pdf

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Bigmac wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 am
parajba wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 am
Darceking wrote:
My Wahoo Bolt mount is also quite a snug fit, definately no slack. Maybe i'm fickle but my main complaint would be that in it's closest position to the stem faceplate, the Bolt is still way out further than I would like! I did contact Andy at Mac Cad the 3D guy who's designed some very nice aftermarket Bolt mounts for Bontrager Blendr set ups but nothing for the Venge so far!
This is frustrating, the stock bolt mount is so clean. Shame barfly don't do similar with the aero mount. I've seen one on shapeways that looks like it may work, but looks pretty bulky compared to the barfly. Someone with some 3d design prowess needs to make an aero mount!

fbonde

by fbonde

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 pm
Just got this mount today for my Exakt/SRM PC8 combo for new Venge.. now waiting for my internal Super Record EPS 12...

Have you mounted it on the bike yet? I have the same "problems" using SRM pc8, but no mount for the stem/aerofly 2
insta: @fbonde

cerro

by cerro

Campervan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am
Has anyone actually tried to fit 32's on a new Venge yet?
Yes, last year I tried Roubaix Pro 30/32 which measures 33mm on a Roval CLX32 rim. Worked but it's maximum with the height.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

fbonde wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 pm
Just got this mount today for my Exakt/SRM PC8 combo for new Venge.. now waiting for my internal Super Record EPS 12...

Have you mounted it on the bike yet? I have the same "problems" using SRM pc8, but no mount for the stem/aerofly 2
Not mounted.. Im still waiting for my internal mount Super Record 12 EPS from Italy so its just sitting on my desk... if I get a chance this weekend I'll snug it up to the stem and take a pic.. that mount is directly from SRM USA in Colorado though.
Follow link here.. just select the 2019+ model
http://store.srm.de/accessories/powerco ... venge.html

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

CrankAddictsRich wrote:why that wheel/tire combo on a Venge?
Fat comfy training tyres?

I run 32mm actual width Roubaix on SLX24s for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com