S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robeambro wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Ah, that would explain. I don't understand you Peter, the profile of the new Aerofly is just perfect. :|
https://youtu.be/rn6a5Wl4xGE

Old bars here too I think?

robeambro

by robeambro

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 pm
robeambro wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Ah, that would explain. I don't understand you Peter, the profile of the new Aerofly is just perfect. :|
https://youtu.be/rn6a5Wl4xGE

Old bars here too I think?
Indeed. I guess, kudos to Specialized for releasing the Sagan Edition just like he likes to ride it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Surge74

by Surge74

I think whether it's "easy" or not depends on how you negotiate and how much business you give the bike store. I'm just speaking from my experience.

Regarding the Canyon reference: looking at the Aeroad CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL [terribly named, BTW] and it's US$8,500.
I paid exactly US$9,500 for my S-Works Venge AXS. Was it worth $1000 more than a Canyon, absolutely it was (in my mind). So I don't "get" the point of Canyon -- it's more marketing hype of 'eliminating the middle-man' than a real advantage. If they truly eliminated the middle-man, the pricing would be considerably lower.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robeambro wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Indeed. I guess, kudos to Specialized for releasing the Sagan Edition just like he likes to ride it.

Not sure what you mean. The bike in the video you linked is one of his personal race bikes at MSR, so obviously it's going to be spec to his liking. The retail bikes will feature standard equipment...the Venge will have Aerofly II and the Tarmac will have the regular S-Works bars.

robeambro

by robeambro

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm
robeambro wrote:

Not sure what you mean. The bike in the video you linked is one of his personal race bikes at MSR, so obviously it's going to be spec to his liking. The retail bikes will feature standard equipment...the Venge will have Aerofly II and the Tarmac will have the regular S-Works bars.
Hmm not going to rewatch this, but thought it was a Sagan special edition, which will be sold to the masses.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robeambro wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Hmm not going to rewatch this, but thought it was a Sagan special edition, which will be sold to the masses.

It was a meet 'n' greet with Sagan at Specialized's Italy offices in Milan. He's in the video, lol.

Also the "Mirror" theme seen there is only available as a frameset. The Venge frameset comes with the integrated stem, but not bars AFAIK.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm
robeambro wrote:

I'm with you... that's a meet and greet/ PR conference that Specialzied planned for the release of the new Sagan bikes and that is clearly his race bike, set up for him for MSR.

Confirmation of this, here..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pet ... qus_thread

Dez

by Dez

Hey guys, first post for me long time lurker and it's a bit off current topic so hopefully it's alright to post here.

Basically i tested a 56cm venge pro and really like it and was about to pull the trigger but just saw that one of the guys at my club is selling his s-works version which is a 54 size frame. It's a really good deal but they don't have a 54 test bike at the local bike shop and I prob can't test this guys bike.

I'm 179cm with 32 inside leg do you think i'd get away with a 54? It is a VERY good deal. (I was thinking i could go up to a 120mm stem) and the saddle to bar drop on the 56 was fine I think i could have ran it pretty much slammed without too much problem.

So long story short do you think i'd get away with compromising on a smaller frame size for a better bike(venge pro + power meter gonna cost me same as 2nd hand s-works)? Don't think i should look too dumb on a 54 compared to a 56? My current bike is an emonda 56 in H1 so it's quite an aggressive fit anyway.

Only concern is going from my bike to a super bike and riding a load of spacers so i fit it okay seems a bit counterentuative as it probably more or less defeats the enite purpose of an aero bike if you are sitting really high on it :D

I'd have got a fit for the venge pro but s-works is a bit out of budget unless i go for this option so maybe i can still get fitted for the 54 if we think it would work.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'm 4cm taller than you with a 32" inside leg and could possibly get a 54 to fit with a 130/40 stem.

I think you'll be fine on a 54, whilst looking pro on a small framed bike ;)

I demoed a 56 Venge Pro too and loved it. The CL50 wheels are so good considering they're the budget option.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

lovemyway

by lovemyway

The thing with aftermarket parts for the Venge keeps getting worse, I've got the handlebars that my LBS failed to provide and now I have to look for the longer stem by myself, too, Specialized somehow managed to give away the stem that was meant to be mine as well.

Either Specialized Europe or my LBS is a joke, I can't tell yet.

MRM

by MRM

You should be fine on the 54 as long as you can manage the lower stack hight. Might need a small spacer or the Aerofly riser bars (older version) which give you 2 cm.

pedale

by pedale

178cm, 82cm inseam here and riding a 54 👌

But why don't you just ask your club member to let you ride it? Even on a home trainer?

anykarthik

by anykarthik

177cm and 35" inseam for me, also on a 54 venge pro.

My long legs and short torso make any road race geo hard to fit. However, with all the front end spacers (which I think looks just fine on the venge), the stock 100mm stem and a saddle to bar drop of 11cm, I'm comfortable on the bike.

You are just 2cm taller but have a much more normal inseam. 54 will be just fine I suspect - possibly with a longer stem

Do you get to keep the warranty?

Visus

by Visus

lovemyway wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:58 pm
The thing with aftermarket parts for the Venge keeps getting worse, I've got the handlebars that my LBS failed to provide and now I have to look for the longer stem by myself, too, Specialized somehow managed to give away the stem that was meant to be mine as well.

Either Specialized Europe or my LBS is a joke, I can't tell yet.
Your not the only one. Specialized sent my LBS a 42cm instead of 40cm Aerofly II, next delivery will be May...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rammst

by rammst

Helo,
in a venge pro 56 size, If I put the seat at 80 cm from the axle bottom bracket, what is the difference in height between the saddle and the handlebar? will there be much fall?
in a size 58 removing 1 spacer I have 9cm

im 184cm and 90cm inseam. And my problem is that I have a 58 size but with a 8cm stem