S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stoney

by stoney

The purple paint, although beautiful, looks heavy.

KCookie

by KCookie

mcw wrote:Venge Pro Purple Size 56
Please just ignore the bump on the stem. I'm still waiting for the longer stem. Before the steerer is finally shortened, I want to see if I can take out the last spacer with the longer stem.

That colour is absolutely stunning. I actually had a car sprayed a similar colour.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

ODC wrote:
Like the Shimano Dura Ace Powermeter has no problems...
I had problems with the Dura Powermeter and 5 of my cycling friends have problems with it. Also I know 2 people that crashed because the left crank (non-drive side) broke in the their ride.
I really would like to see some pictures of these. Just some data to prove it. Remember we are talking about power meter.

Been riding mine FC-R9100P a year without any problem.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

andreas

by andreas

Does anyone know what the maximum insert is for the 56cm model? For Canyon's bikes, I'm forced to go down from a Large to a Medium/55cm to be able to lower the seatpost enough to get a 74cm distance center crank - top of the seat.

DarrinNYC77

by DarrinNYC77

I'm in the market for a 2019 Venge Pro. Knowing that the S-Works and Pro frames are the same, what is feedback regarding the ride quality? I'm also considering a 2019 SLR Trek Madone. I want a little more comfort and compliance than most aero bikes offer, but these two are the leading contenders. I just don't want the crap beat out of me by every single bump in the road around NYC. I'd LOVE to test ride one, but needing a 61 or 62cm frame, that's very unlikely! :)

Darrin in NYC

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

andreas wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm
Does anyone know what the maximum insert is for the 56cm model? For Canyon's bikes, I'm forced to go down from a Large to a Medium/55cm to be able to lower the seatpost enough to get a 74cm distance center crank - top of the seat.
Can you cut the seatpost? I've cut many carbon posts to get lower saddle heights.
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

andreas

by andreas

DamonRinard wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:53 pm
andreas wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm
Can you cut the seatpost? I've cut many carbon posts to get lower saddle heights.
Well, I assume there's a reason Canyon specifies a 10cm range for the seat height, I guess their posts aren't designed to be clamped beyond this interval. I guess one could just buy another seatpost with a uniform structure/layup of course, but it looks bad with almost no seatpost showing :)

mcw

by mcw

The seatpost for 56-frame is 390mm. I had to cut about 3cm to get my correct seat height of 75,5cm. There is also a seatpost with 300mm available.
Btw., the purple Pro in 56 is 7,55Kg direct out of the box.
My Tarmac SL6 (rim brake, DA mech.) is pretty much lighter and more comfortable. But this fact was already known to me in advance.

dcorn

by dcorn

ScottinFL wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Such is the price of progress it seems. I agree that the main differentiators at this point are the system integration and the ability to run wider tires (and also frame compliance as this seems to be another benefit to the newer designs). There is about a $3k premium to have it today, whether you buy Venge, Madone or TMR01 vs. Canyon.

But also keep in mind that the new Aeroad will certainly be priced higher than the outgoing model is selling for right now, so the delta will reduce a bit when Canyon has its competitor ready to market. So, do you cough up the extra $3k today, or do you wait to see if maybe you can lower that by a grand or two?
I'm running 32mm wide tires on my Aeroad disc, so basically you're just getting slightly tidier cabling with the Venge. :D

I really love the new Venge, but I wouldn't spend $8k on it.

cerro

by cerro

Finished my Venge Pro with Sram Red etap 1x11 and Roval CLX32 wheels today :) 7,00kg

(The 7,22kg and 7,48kg SW Venge size 56 normal and Sagan is out of the box so without pedals and bottle cages)

sergiobnuel

by sergiobnuel

7,34Image

Enviado desde mi Aquaris U mediante Tapatalk

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Just curious, is it possible to order Venge Pro and only upgrade wheelset to CLX 50 just by paying the price difference CL vs CLX?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

anykarthik

by anykarthik

DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Just curious, is it possible to order Venge Pro and only upgrade wheelset to CLX 50 just by paying the price difference CL vs CLX?
Wasn't possible for me. Also I don't think the CLX is $800 better than CL. The rim is the same. Sure, the hubs are nicer on the CLX and the spokes are aero vs round on CL too. But that doesn't add up to $800 in my book - especially since the hubs on the CL are butter smooth to begin with.

blehargh

by blehargh

sergiobnuel wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:02 pm
7,34Image

Enviado desde mi Aquaris U mediante Tapatalk
How’d you remove the wheel decals?

nico1970

by nico1970

zenrider wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:25 am
I have this exact bike and used it with a 1030. For openers (IMHO), the build quality of the Power Meter was incredibly poor. After changing multiple batteries, my problem came down to the fact that the 1030 could "see" both sides of the PM but could only connect with one. The Specialized app was useless in establishing a connection. Specialized asked my LBS to try to connect with another Garmin, change batteries at the shop multiple times, try to update the firmware on the PM and still it woudn't work. Again IMHO, this PM is absolute garbage. In the end, my PM was warrantied and the LBS allowed me to swap out the Shimano Dura-Ace PM which has performed flawlessly.

So yes, I've had a similar issue. :D
That's sounds me like a possible nightmare.

As said I come froma another good bike with Shimano Dura-ace PM. I honestly think that Dura Ace PM is quite good but numbers for watt are not so exactely. I try couple ot time to make a benckmark with other PM and I think watt are olways 1% or 2% less that the real one. I like 4111 coming with my venge and i think that the only problem is with the battery location which is fragile. My problem is with the left cranck. Is it possible to you to let pe have a Photo of the left cranck in open position. I see that the battery container is different from the left one which has a little circle in white paper with "+" sign on it. As said left one doesn't have white cirlce.

tks a lot

BTW which is the best PW for dura ace for you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com