Repente Saddles??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vowles

by Vowles

Hi there,
I am looking to buy a new saddle for my bike and have come across an Italian brand called Repente. They make interchangeable saddle covers and they are extremely light. I was just wondering if anyone had tried them/felt the quality of them before I take time to go and take a look at them in person? Is the saddle cover changing feature strong, reliable and most of all useful?

I know that this is a niche product and thread but thought that I would ask before? Also considering astute saddles too if anyone has any views of them also?

Thank you for reading,
Henry

trimenc

by trimenc

Henry,

I don't have any info on either saddle, but didn't know about them until your post. Both look amazing and I look forward to watching the info roll in to your post here. Good luck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ciclope

by ciclope

My suggestion: Repente is of a higher quality. It's lighter and far more comfortable (see pressure maps on their Fb page). The brand was founded by managers who worked in Fizik and recently left to start a new project. I use an Aleena saddle and find it awesome

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

They look nice. Big question is, how long does it take for the locking bits to start creaking?

ciclope

by ciclope

My experience: April 2017-June 2018, 14 months at least. Still working perfectly (25 races) and almost forgot of the locking system

Vowles

by Vowles

Thank you very much for your responses! Extremely helpful. I was concerned that the locking mechanism may not have been robust but it sounds the opposite.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com