Campag UT crank in an SL6. What would I need?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

Specialized seem to call or their BBs OSBB no matter what size they are. What size is the SL6 and what BB would I need assuming that the Cermic Speed already installed is not suitable? Would there be any creaking issues running a Record chainset in this frame?

sawyer

by sawyer

Has the spec changed from the SL5? If not, then IMHO your best option is to use a C-Bear ceramic BB. I've done this with a PF30 Focus Izalco (with Campagnolo UT chainset) and it works perfectly. No creaks.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilwil

by wilwil

sawyer wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 pm
Has the spec changed from the SL5? If not, then IMHO your best option is to use a C-Bear ceramic BB. I've done this with a PF30 Focus Izalco (with Campagnolo UT chainset) and it works perfectly. No creaks.
Does this mean you end up with two sets of bearings, the C-Bear ones and the Campag ones?

liam7020

by liam7020

If you're buying only the SL6 frameset, as opposed to a complete bike, it'll come with the Ceramic Speed bearings supplied but not installed so you can pop in whatever takes your fancy.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

sawyer

by sawyer

wilwil wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm
sawyer wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 pm
Does this mean you end up with two sets of bearings, the C-Bear ones and the Campag ones?
Two sets, but only one set in use! I just used the C-Bear ceramic bearings that came with the PF30 UT (25mm axle) compatible unit ... who knows how they stack up vs CULT. Doubt they are any better ... but the important point is you're using the C-Bear PF30 unit (if indeed the SL6 is PF30, or whatever TF it is) ... and not using (for example) Campagnolo's PF30 cups which, along with most, are creakers

I place a very high value on a bike not creaking. C-Bear doesn't creak.

It's pathetic that so many set-ups end up creaking tbh.

This is what I'm using ...

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... tra-torque

Now, I'm not sure what the SL6 spec is ... but for example here is a C-Bear OSBB Campag compatible unit

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... tra-torque
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: