Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I have the SL6 post with zero offset and Dyneema cords and it's a thing of beauty, working well.
I wonder what the SL7 one weighs? You need to expand the top part for the RS910, which would make it less aero and heavier, especially when the weight is high up like that. I do wonder why they didn´t just put the RS in the seat tube like on a Basso.

Aeo

by Aeo

Still waiting for TCR MY16

by Weenie

cedced74

by cedced74

The seatpost of my f10 is really zero-offset... I like it, it is perfect for me, but understand some prefer more setback...

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Aeo wrote:Still waiting for TCR MY16
This. #metoo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

LewisK

by LewisK

Looks like they are doing away with the loop on the T1 and going with a 2bolt clamp

http://darimo.eu/en/darimo-t1-seatpost

Kumppa

by Kumppa

^ That cradle version was previous version before dyneema.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I had a funny scare yesterday. turned bike upside down to get it in the car and saw black threads coming out of my Dyneema cords, so I freaked out assuming they were splitting.
Took a photo to show my mates and drove home.
Worried that they would snap and I'd be bikeless over Xmas I took a closer look.....turns out it's cotton thread from a pair of Rapha winter shorts that split on me a week ago..... :)
Attachments
seat.jpg

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:18 am
Worried that they would snap and I'd be bikeless over Xmas I took a closer look.....turns out it's cotton thread from a pair of Rapha winter shorts that split on me a week ago..... :)
Had the same happen with Berd spokes and T1 because I use white rags.

Pukutis

by Pukutis

cyclespeed wrote:I had a funny scare yesterday. turned bike upside down to get it in the car and saw black threads coming out of my Dyneema cords, so I freaked out assuming they were splitting.
Are you happy so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Pukutis wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:56 am
cyclespeed wrote:I had a funny scare yesterday. turned bike upside down to get it in the car and saw black threads coming out of my Dyneema cords, so I freaked out assuming they were splitting.
Are you happy so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely delighted! Crazy light, looks cool, and it seems more comfy than the Sworks post.
And it grips the crabon rails better

kode54

by kode54

I emailed Darimo last week and haven't heard back. Is everyone getting their Darimo parts from r2-bike?
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Repurposed Guru Praemio R w 3D disc dropouts + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I ordered a stem direct from them on 4th Dec, as I did with the previous time I bought their cockpit. R2 might be easier to deal with if they have stock and you don't need anything custom of course. Stem supposed to come on Monday but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

integration

by integration

jorisee01 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:07 pm
Aeo wrote:Still waiting for TCR MY16
This. #metoo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
+3 I'm running out of places to lose weight on my bike haha

kode54

by kode54

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 pm
I ordered a stem direct from them on 4th Dec, as I did with the previous time I bought their cockpit. R2 might be easier to deal with if they have stock and you don't need anything custom of course. Stem supposed to come on Monday but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
R2 may have more clout getting stock in and their shipping is pretty decent. I have had great shipment delivery times from them. On r2 website, it says 2-4 weeks...which is where Darimo is...so probably best to go to the source instead of a third party where you can lose another 2-4 days here and there. I just find it odd that I haven't received a response at all...and its been more than weeks. So either they are backed up or not answering emails due to holidays? unsure at this point.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Repurposed Guru Praemio R w 3D disc dropouts + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs

by Weenie

Jimmyrn85

by Jimmyrn85

People who are "in the know" with Darimo etc, any news on a 2020/2021 Supersix seatpost being produced? Do I have an alternatives to Darimo for a lighter seatpost than the carbon one that came with my hi mod?

Cheer!