Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marian

by marian

V3Rs wrote:Has anyone successfully used Darimo bars and stem with a Cervelo R5 and Campy EPS 12 disk set up and been able to
get the wires and hoses routed in a fully invisible manner? Meaning no bottom mount trays on the stem...

If doable, would this mean that wires and hoses stay below the bars until reaching the stem area and then enter the bars
and then leave the bars and enter directly into the stem.

Or is it just better to stick with the Cevelo stem and any bottom grooved set of bars?
I would like to clarify - darimo aero seatpost T1 for Tarmac SL7 has clamping system only with two Dyneema loops or can I choose also another clamping system ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Lucendi wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:22 pm

Does anyone else experience rattling with their Wahoo head unit in the K-Edge mount used by Darimo? And if so how did you fix it?
Finally solved this issue.

Turns out that it was something loose inside of my Wahoo Elmnt Bolt.

I got a 40% discount on a new Bolt V2 and the rattling is gone once and for all.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

ryanw wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 am
stringbean wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:50 am
ryanw wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 pm
SL7 post here.

No Di2 port since running 9200.
Weight saving over standard sl7 post?
380mm SL7 post is around 190-193g.

Darimo 350mm post is around 117-120g.
This includes all the hardware, right?

LackOfWatts

by LackOfWatts

Does anyone know if a Darimo IX2 cpu mount will work with their new aluminum stem (IX2AL)?

Erwin

by Erwin

johanalexander wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:48 am
Got info that Darimo is working on a seatmast for the Émonda. Would be the first aftermarket option I think as I've never seen anything other than the Bontrager ones.
MCFK did some a few years ago. I tuned my seatmast only with a Carbon clamp.

tommyb

by tommyb

Beats Germany?? You have to wait weeks for a reply from Vicent, confirming an order takes years off your life... it's PAINFUL. For heavens sake how hard can it be to open a webshop with all relevant options available to pre-select?? Darmimo if you're reading this.. you are offering a fantastic product but hopeless customer service.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

My second time ordering from Darimo is turning out to be a nightmare.

Darimo forgot my order for 10 weeks and finally sends me a defective stem.

June 10th, I placed the order and made the bank transfer.

August 19th I haven't heard anything and ask what the progress is.

August 31th Borja replies I haven't paid and sends a link to make a credit card payment.
- I reply that I indeed have paid and attach a pdf of the transfer from my bank.
- Alexia replies that they made a mistake and will put the order on production immediately and that I will recieve a "gift" to compensate for their mistake.

September 8th I recieve the order. The gift is a water bottle worth maybe 3-5€. And the stem has a clear manufacturing defect on the top side. A crease in the 3K weave that is both ugly and weakens the construction.
- I reply that I want to return the stem and get a replacement.

September 15th Borja replies that it is an esthetichal defect and he can offer a 20% discount.
- I reply that I insist on returning the stem.

To no ones surprise I am still waiting for a reply..

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Well, i would return it to as you obviously pick a weave you like for it to be visual.
I guess you'll get annoyed watching that!
Only thing you can do is have it painted (a stripe covering the top section perhaps)!?
But then again, if you are in it for super low weight paint isn't an option.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

A crease will likely have delaminiation inside making it a failure point with further delamination and then failing. I'd have to cut the stem in half to confirm this.

It seems to me like this stem was in the scrap pile at Darimo, possibly returned by some other customer, and they sent it to me because they were in a hurry.

For a carbon fiber manufacturing company to sell a part with defects at full price to unknowing customers is fraudulent and possibly a danger to the health of that consumer.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Doesn't 2 week return policy apply in this case? You bought it online and they are located in EU?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Lucendi wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:45 am
A crease will likely have delaminiation inside making it a failure point with further delamination and then failing. I'd have to cut the stem in half to confirm this.

It seems to me like this stem was in the scrap pile at Darimo, possibly returned by some other customer, and they sent it to me because they were in a hurry.

For a carbon fiber manufacturing company to sell a part with defects at full price to unknowing customers is fraudulent and possibly a danger to the health of that consumer.
To be honest, i wonder how many framesets having this underneath the paint. I guess many or even most would take the deal they offered and that is probably what they hoped for. Not many are sure on what is right wrong or plain bad when it comes to these things.
You can bet that it's much more shit than we know of hidden under paint.

I am not saying that has anything to do with your stem though.
A guy here bought a Spesh MTB with a big indent in the down tube (as mentioned, this isn't just to put a finger on Spesh, i think it's happening more often, just fillers and paint to cover up). Dealer told him they called the importer and obviously several frames had this!?
A few years ago and i still wonder what that was really about :noidea:
Anyway, he accepted a deal. He got some stuff at the dealers for 15% (crap deal)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Very disappointed this morning.
Have had this annoying lower back issue but only left side. Checked everything. Blamed old age.
The past month I have been hearing a click click sound while pedaling. Blamed my Cannondale.

This morning cleaning the bike I saw the left side of the saddle is hanging lower than the right side.
Seems the cradle of the Darimo seatpost cracked / gave way.
Did not expect that.
Sitting is South Africa, this will be a dead loss to me.
Once again thought me that light is not always better.
Attachments
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:02 am
Have had this annoying lower back issue but only left side. Checked everything. Blamed old age.
The past month I have been hearing a click click sound while pedaling. Blamed my Cannondale.

This morning cleaning the bike I saw the left side of the saddle is hanging lower than the right side.
Did not expect that.
I had exactly the same happening to the cradle of my Darimo Pinarello Dogma F10 seatpost.
I received a new one for free directly from Darimo (where I purchased) and I bought a spare one from R2 bike as well.
Mind you the recommended torque for the cradle is very low: 3 Nm.
However, I installed the replacement I got from Darimo and haven't had any problems again.
But I agree, this is a part that's probably better made out of aluminium or titanium.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:02 am

Did not expect that.
Ofc you should have a new one on warranty

But I would recommend buying the ELITE ONE seatpost hardware from Aliexpress :) Their saddle hardware is excellent and a lot cheaper than Darimo. Only 10 gram for the saddle mount and it has been flawless for me riding with 85kg and a XXX saddle torqued to 4.5Nm