Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Not on R2 website anymore. But ordered last week trough R2 and should arrive in the next 2 days. I found them under the "new stuff" button but dissappeared now

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Darmen

by Darmen

now they available on ccache, pricing AUD 99. a bit pricy than r2 bike.

Does anyone think that this clamping system will compatible with other similar seatpost such as hylix, schmolke TLO, etc?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Darmen wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 am
Does anyone think that this clamping system will compatible with other similar seatpost such as hylix, schmolke TLO, etc?
Had the same thought. If bolts fit, then it should be compatible. The cradle diameter won't likely match, though. More seatpost tuning parts are always welcome, especially so lightweight.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I have my set in from R2, will install it tonight. If anybody want to know the size, yust ask.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I turned the bike up side down on the carpet and let the seatpost rest on the saddle with the cradle in between so I could instal the Dyneema set without the rubber bands. It was not difficult at all. The Dyneema set feels stiffer than the carbon yokes but have to ride it first. Had some unwinding issues with the carbon yokes and fixed it with a drop of Locktite and hope that this new setup is easyer. The new cradle witch came with the set is also different the grooves where the saddle rails rest are deeper and the half circle underside is higher but total stack looks the same.

Darmen

by Darmen

marcelflash wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 pm
I turned the bike up side down on the carpet and let the seatpost rest on the saddle with the cradle in between so I could instal the Dyneema set without the rubber bands. It was not difficult at all. The Dyneema set feels stiffer than the carbon yokes but have to ride it first. Had some unwinding issues with the carbon yokes and fixed it with a drop of Locktite and hope that this new setup is easyer. The new cradle witch came with the set is also different the grooves where the saddle rails rest are deeper and the half circle underside is higher but total stack looks the same.
Yes its easier to take out the seatpost from the frame, put the saddle upside down, cradle and seatpost tie it with the Dyneema.
Last edited by Darmen on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmen

by Darmen

I make my own clamping but have some issues, Feel stiff but after little ride the flanged barrel nut is moving, maybe locktite is a good idea.

and maybe i will sand the cradle a little. so the cradle dont move left right or

at last i will purchase the upgrade kit :lol:
Last edited by Darmen on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darmen

by Darmen

hereis the picture
Attachments
IMG-1890.JPG
IMG-1945.JPG
IMG-1947.JPG

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Could a longer loop be used to spread the point load a bit lore on the rail for us more hefty fellows?
Using Tapatalk

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:08 am
Could a longer loop be used to spread the point load a bit lore on the rail for us more hefty fellows?
Eyeballing it, i bet you would run out of room. But, i bet on request, darimo could get thicker gauged cord. question is... is it required?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

While I'm all for ultimate lightness, that setup looks kinda ghetto.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am
While I'm all for ultimate lightness, that setup looks kinda ghetto.
The design would be a conversation starter.
Last edited by RocketRacing on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

To avoid making yet another thread about Darimo - anybody here to give (or point me in the right direction) a long-term review of the setback seatpost?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

PokojniToza wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 pm
To avoid making yet another thread about Darimo - anybody here to give (or point me in the right direction) a long-term review of the setback seatpost?
573 has had one since November on his Evo. Maybe ask him?
573 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm
I spoke to Darimo in Spain and sent over required saddle rail height. From that we discussed ways to reduce the weight and he suggested a bespoke length, optimum clamping length and 3k weave. I requested the stealth graphics option. The service and speed of manufacture and delivery of a bespoke part blew me away. And then I received the post and saw the weight...

75.4g! For a set-back post. I am so pleased with that, I was hoping for something more in the 95g range at best. Fantastic to see a manufacturer who delivers on the weights they quote too.

I think it looks fantastic on the bike too. It really works well with my Berk Lupina.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Thanks for the info. I hope he will see this (I hate bothering people with PMs)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com