Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

LMCuba wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:19 am
Anyone had this problem? Awaiting response from Darimo but couldn't hurt to ask here. Saddle is SLR Boost Ti316.
I have had this with other saddles/hardware, it usually works fine once tightening everything down.

In your case with alloy rails you could just slightly bend it

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

eucalyptus wrote:
LMCuba wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:19 am
Anyone had this problem? Awaiting response from Darimo but couldn't hurt to ask here. Saddle is SLR Boost Ti316.
I have had this with other saddles/hardware, it usually works fine once tightening everything down.

In your case with alloy rails you could just slightly bend it
I don’t think bending things is the solution when talking about 330€ seatpost and 160€ saddle. That’s not right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

LMCuba wrote:Anyone had this problem? Awaiting response from Darimo but couldn't hurt to ask here. Saddle is SLR Boost Ti316.
Is the problem the saddle rails or the seat post cradle ?

I have 3 pieces like those a and all have the same measurement.
I looked at 4 saddles and one is somehow 2.6mm wider, never realised it and never been a problem once installed.

Edit: looking back at the picture it’s not clear what the problem is. It looks like the rail could perfectly fit in this cradle.

LMCuba

by LMCuba

C36 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:11 am
LMCuba wrote:Anyone had this problem? Awaiting response from Darimo but couldn't hurt to ask here. Saddle is SLR Boost Ti316.

I looked at 4 saddles and one is somehow 2.6mm wider, never realised it and never been a problem once installed.

Edit: looking back at the picture it’s not clear what the problem is. It looks like the rail could perfectly fit in this cradle.
I'm not sure and sadly I don't have another saddle or seatpost to test at the moment. A screw on my current seatpost is a little stuck and I'm afraid I can't tighten it back all the way if I take the saddle off.

For your last sentence, do you mean could or couldn't?

C36

by C36

LMCuba wrote:
Could.
I am not sure where the “contact” is. But seems the rail could be pushed down without problems (but maybe misleading from the picture.)

LMCuba

by LMCuba

C36 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:09 pm
LMCuba wrote:
Could.
I am not sure where the “contact” is. But seems the rail could be pushed down without problems (but maybe misleading from the picture.)
Thank you! I shall wait for their reply, but it's nice to know there might be a relatively easy solution.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

LMCuba wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:02 pm
C36 wrote:

I'm not sure and sadly I don't have another saddle or seatpost to test at the moment. A screw on my current seatpost is a little stuck and I'm afraid I can't tighten it back all the way if I take the saddle off.

You don't need another saddle. Just measure the diameter of the one you have

Carbon is flexible to a point. My Venge clamp and Selle Italia carbon rail shapes also don't match up perfectly but tighten up just fine.

LMCuba

by LMCuba

BigBoyND wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:27 am
LMCuba wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:02 pm
C36 wrote:

You don't need another saddle. Just measure the diameter of the one you have

Carbon is flexible to a point. My Venge clamp and Selle Italia carbon rail shapes also don't match up perfectly but tighten up just fine.
Thank you. That's reassuring to know. I might try that if Darimo can't offer anything useful.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

A warning to anyone thinking of ordering from Darimo, their communication is terrible, expect to wait 2 weeks before they reply to an email. Their products are b-stock at best (saying from my limited sample size). Something has gone downhill at Darimo in the recent months. If you order anything from Darimo don't expect it to have undergone any sort of quality control.

4,5 months in now. I finally gave up on Darimo, two weeks since I was promised a new third stem and no word.

I will be returning the entire order for a refund.

Let's see how they will make the return and refund process a nightmare for me as well.

Some qoutes from Darimo's very active social media precence;
"always keeping in mind your safety"

"our high levels of expectations"

KCookie

by KCookie

Your really not having much luck are you mate. Such a shame that this has happened.
I emailed Alexia last week and had a reply in 24hrs. I've actually never had to wait to long for a reply and only had one problem which they sorted quite quickly.
Let's see how my next order goes.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

takolino

by takolino

Sorry to hear about the headaches.
Just another data point for Darimo. I ordered a seat post through R2B and got one that was defective, the cradle cut out in the post was slightly missaligned. I took some photos with overlays showing the missalignment as well as attaching the invoice from R2B and Alexia replied same day telling me they'll ship me a new one no questions. I got the new one the following week.

When I have issues with products in general from any company, I try to send the first inquiry with all needed info about the problem so they can ideally make a decision without any additional back and forth. I try to take multiple photos or a video if needed showing the problem. (I once had a sticky chainring so I took a video of the chain in motion). A friendly intro doesn't hurt either. This approach rarely fails for me. Point is there's a human on the other end and making their job easier to help you usually works. I have no idea if that's the situation here so please take this simply as another cyclist's experience.
Good luck!

Greny

by Greny

Anyone here tried there seatpost for a Pinarello? I send them an email (5 days ago) , no answer yet. Do their seatpost have a bit compliance, that's what I'm looking for. To make the bike less harsh. I ride alrdy with latex tubes and 28 gp5000.

C36

by C36

Greny wrote:Anyone here tried there seatpost for a Pinarello? I send them an email (5 days ago) , no answer yet. Do their seatpost have a bit compliance, that's what I'm looking for. To make the bike less harsh. I ride alrdy with latex tubes and 28 gp5000.
What pressure are you running the 28mm? That will provide way more comfort than any seatpost.
Now to answer your question (sort of) I had 2 bikes with Darimo seatpost, a Supersix evo2 and a sl6 (so with an aero profile) and each time the seatpost had a surprisingly lot more comfort than the stock one.

Greny

by Greny

C36 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:36 pm
Greny wrote:Anyone here tried there seatpost for a Pinarello? I send them an email (5 days ago) , no answer yet. Do their seatpost have a bit compliance, that's what I'm looking for. To make the bike less harsh. I ride alrdy with latex tubes and 28 gp5000.
What pressure are you running the 28mm? That will provide way more comfort than any seatpost.
Now to answer your question (sort of) I had 2 bikes with Darimo seatpost, a Supersix evo2 and a sl6 (so with an aero profile) and each time the seatpost had a surprisingly lot more comfort than the stock one.
Front 5.4 bar back 5.7 bar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottydonald

by scottydonald

seems alexia is the one to email vs Vincent.