Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oldturd

by oldturd

My IX2AL arrived today! Initiated contact start of August, then had to wait a few weeks due to their two week (or was it three?) break before I could send payment to confirm order. Response times were typically a week.. but I went in knowing damn well they're super slow so I set the bar really low..

Stem is 130 -12. 98.9g.
Attachments
344534D4-8C1B-4707-93E7-4070FD48F49D_1_201_a.jpeg
D260BA1E-3694-4458-A0A3-0B9471C93BCF.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MeekMouse

by MeekMouse

Updating that I've received a replacement Nexum that isn't drilled for internal routing (to avoid the potential for another issue), which arrived two weeks after Alexia asked for my address. Very quick turnaround given that it's being shipped from Spain + US customs crapshoot.

Replacement Nexum weighs in at around 198g for a 120mm stem and 380mm handlebar (no flare) combination, which is a 6g less than the initial version.
MeekMouse wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 pm
Update (10.5.22) -- I'm working with Darimo to likely replace this Nexum, with a request that the bars not be drilled for internal routing. It's going on an Aethos build, so everything will be routed externally for ease of service.

----------------
I just received a Darimo Nexum cockpit ordered from r2, and it looks like the left cable routing exit hole is defective because the carbon fiber around may have delaminated. The carbon fiber in the area is visibly raised and can be felt by touch.

I've reached out to both r2 and Darimo for an assessment, but am a bit disappointed at the QC here.

I likely wouldn't feel fully comfortable riding these even if they provide an all-clear, but would be interested in thoughts from folks here in this thread.

From a weight perspective, a 380mm handlebar / 120mm stem combination came in at 203.5g.
Attachments
20221024_120648.jpg

takolino

by takolino

How does the steereer clamp area look from the back? Curious if it's clean and flat, not like Lucendi's stem.

MeekMouse

by MeekMouse

takolino wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:43 pm
How does the steereer clamp area look from the back? Curious if it's clean and flat, not like Lucendi's stem.
Both of them have a clean and flat steerer clamp area (see photos).
Attachments
20221027_152150.jpg
20221027_152145.jpg

ArtV

by ArtV

I'm glad they don't make an aero bar/stem combo capable of internal cable routing. That would be a difficult purchase to explain to my wife.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Is Darimo going after Ted Ciamillio for the title as the most fraudulent company in the industry?

It has now been over two weeks since I returned my order to Darimo for a refund. Darimo have not issued any refund and are not answering emails.

Darimo are now clearly violating EU law;

Lucendi

by Lucendi

So I finally got my refund, a week and a half after the maximum legal allowed time period.

To anyone thinking of ordering from Darimo. Expect to pay for premium products and recieve b-stock. And if you dare return an order, they will retailiate and not refund you without a fight.

Save yourself the headache and pain and stay clear from Darimo, I sure will.

A rare photo of Darimo staff;

Kumppa

by Kumppa

^ or at least buy from a reputable bikeshop, like starbike or r2-bike and make sure they check the second one before sending. Hard to believe any good bikeshop would accept that kind of B-stock for sale.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

oldturd wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:41 pm
My IX2AL arrived today! Initiated contact start of August, then had to wait a few weeks due to their two week (or was it three?) break before I could send payment to confirm order. Response times were typically a week.. but I went in knowing damn well they're super slow so I set the bar really low..

Stem is 130 -12. 98.9g.
I would have liked to see how Darimos measure against Extralite. I assume they're more close than vice versa.
I wonder since i just don't like Extralite Hyperstem.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

I've always looked from far away the darimo products , since when they started ,

Never have been fan of the seatpost " craddle" design,
Lets put a hole in the saft then put a barrel trough method
I've had seatposts ovalize there even with all well torqued, and my light 65kg weight.
And I know german brands have done in the past or maybe still as of today

Give me a proper craddle from mcfk, bikeahead (despite quite a lot of wrinkles in the saft, or whatever
( propers craddles, no holes, or lateral tightening system even if heavier

THe lucendi issues are real, and the stem steerer junction wasn't just esthetical imho

Maybe they grew too big too fast
They should slow it down and refocus before loosing more credibility
I've seen issues, and breakings componenents no due to crash, or error of users overtightening .

A shame big online shops like r2bike, etc don't take a bit of time,
to check stuff because damn somes pieces are to put to the garbage

C36

by C36

romanmoser wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:26 pm
I've always looked from far away the darimo products , since when they started ,

Never have been fan of the seatpost " craddle" design,
Lets put a hole in the saft then put a barrel trough method
I've had seatposts ovalize there even with all well torqued, and my light 65kg weight.
And I know german brands have done in the past or maybe still as of today

Give me a proper craddle from mcfk, bikeahead (despite quite a lot of wrinkles in the saft, or whatever
( propers craddles, no holes, or lateral tightening system even if heavier

THe lucendi issues are real, and the stem steerer junction wasn't just esthetical imho

Maybe they grew too big too fast
They should slow it down and refocus before loosing more credibility
I've seen issues, and breakings componenents no due to crash, or error of users overtightening .

A shame big online shops like r2bike, etc don't take a bit of time,
to check stuff because damn somes pieces are to put to the garbage
I feel for Lucendi's issues, really. Now how representative is it from the rest of the production? Upset people are always more vocal than happy and sometimes issues heat-up and don't come to a satisfactory end (with all rights to be upset, some of Lucendi's posts, here or with carbonWorks are borderline).

I am one of the happy guys, and I experiemented and broke parts that were not pushing the envelop as much as they are doing (mean cracked a Schmolke seatpost, a Gelu and a Berk saddle, multiple zipp hubs and rims). A french shop stoping selling Gelu after multiple problems and had no issues with Darimo's production. Regarding the design... with berk saddles, they are the only light, niche, products making it to Pro-tour level.

kode54

by kode54

I haven’t had many issues. After mounting a stem to spec (4nm), I hit some potholes and the last one was deep enough to crack the stem on a IX2. Darimo warrantied it with no issues. 2 week turnaround.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

romanmoser

by romanmoser

I mean I value my safety more
I still use light stiff but a bit heavier ( bike ahead seatpost, old mcfk seatpost, enve stems etc )

I don't get how these 3 products he had went out
That's it
You would have to be blind not to see the issues

DeiviX

by DeiviX

wheelsONfire wrote:
oldturd wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:41 pm

Stem is 130 -12. 98.9g.
I would have liked to see how Darimos measure against Extralite. I assume they're more close than vice versa.
I wonder since i just don't like Extralite Hyperstem.
This links may answer your questions.

https://mega.nz/file/EadHXB7I#EMpJk9JJ ... KcnOiUtaoc

http://darimo.eu/es/potencia-darimo-ix2al

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeiviX

by DeiviX

Who knows what's so special about the black stem?
Attachments
B72A5117-70A9-4BEA-9682-0C6FED47C233.jpeg
E4B6C326-EA29-49E4-A820-27C278D34DD3.jpeg