Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

csteenbe wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:40 am
tmanley wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:03 am
How responsive (or not) have the Darimo folks been to emails? I've sent over two emails in the past 48 hours and haven't heard anything back from them. Perhaps they're all in France chasing the Tour.
Same here, did sent a email 4 days ago - non response, nogo company for me. :roll:
It took awhile for me to get a response...over 2 weeks. When they replied, the response time was maybe a day or two...but that was because I placed an order(?).
Trying to get answers for a simple question, took some time.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:27 pm
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:58 am
Regarding the Darimo Nexum:
I have tried the Darimo IX4 stem and really hated it. It was so noodley and creaked very easily. The opposite of confidence inducing.
Also, the bars of the nexum (which look just like the eclipse, which I have never tried look pretty small in diameter.
I am currently running an Extralite stem and Schmolke Oversized TLO.
How would you say does the nexum compare in terms of comfort and stiffness?
Many thanks.
I am currently
Do you mean X4 is more of a noodle than Hyperstem :shock:
Is that even possible,...
Wasn't there a thread about the Extralite stem being measured significantly stiffer than the Darimo (when the Spanish dream shattered or something like that)
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

^
You're right and i seem to be senile. I have even read that as it seems. Weird, i thought Darimo was as good as MCFK which i find better than Extralite.
For now i try to find someone who actually can make a 115mm stem in -8 degree. That's really not easy to find :-(
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

C36

by C36

Their aluminium stem will be available in custom dimension.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:35 pm
To me it seems like another Hyperstem (a big no no for me).
Also, have you seen the bar clamp?
A guess would be a MTB bar or typical round drop bar is the only option.
At the moment i sourced an old (NOS) Deda 115mm/ - 8 at 170g flat.
I found an option which could make me a nice looking stem at 700 Euro, full custom.
That is not an option!
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Mostlyharmless

by Mostlyharmless

wheelsONfire wrote:
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:58 am
Regarding the Darimo Nexum:
I have tried the Darimo IX4 stem and really hated it. It was so noodley and creaked very easily. The opposite of confidence inducing.
Also, the bars of the nexum (which look just like the eclipse, which I have never tried look pretty small in diameter.
I am currently running an Extralite stem and Schmolke Oversized TLO.
How would you say does the nexum compare in terms of comfort and stiffness?
Many thanks.
I am currently
Do you mean X4 is more of a noodle than Hyperstem :shock:
Is that even possible,...
That is like a fact from various tests…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C36

by C36

wheelsONfire wrote:
C36 wrote:
Quite different from hyperstem, the clamping has like a 4x the contact area. And it’s available with an infinite amount of options (including stiffer option if that’s your concern).

The first stem produced is for classic dropbars (or flat bars), the upcoming 4bolts front end will be for aero bars for example.

hannawald

by hannawald

Looking for a zero offset seatpost to match Cervelo Caledonia 5 (aero shaped). Cervelo seat posts are not available for some time and according to their support it is not going to change in the near future.
I can buy on ebay from Hylix or from Darimo.
My concern is that Cervelo internal clamp is rated to 8Nm max. Hylix seatpost is 4.5 Nm max, it seems really weird ti me to make the proprietary seatpost and not match required torque (i know 8Nm is max but 4.5 seems like a big gap)
Does abybody know if Darimo adjust their max torque restriction on their proprietary seatposts or are they some 5Nm max as a weightweenie fragile stuff...? Thanks!

polpy

by polpy

hannawald wrote:Looking for a zero offset seatpost to match Cervelo Caledonia 5 (aero shaped). Cervelo seat posts are not available for some time and according to their support it is not going to change in the near future.
My concern is that Cervelo internal clamp is rated to 8Nm max. Hylix seatpost is 4.5 Nm max, it seems really weird ti me to make the proprietary seatpost and not match required torque (i know 8Nm is max but 4.5 seems like a big gap)
Does abybody know if Darimo adjust their max torque restriction on their proprietary seatposts or are they some 5Nm max as a weightweenie fragile stuff...? Thanks!
I have used the darimo seatpost in my R5 with 4nm and carbon paste without any issue at all (75kg).

hannawald

by hannawald

polpy wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:11 pm
hannawald wrote:Looking for a zero offset seatpost to match Cervelo Caledonia 5 (aero shaped). Cervelo seat posts are not available for some time and according to their support it is not going to change in the near future.
I have used the darimo seatpost in my R5 with 4nm and carbon paste without any issue at all (75kg).
Thanks, really appreciate. Do you know what´s the max torque on that seatpost required by Darimo?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:37 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
C36 wrote:
Quite different from hyperstem, the clamping has like a 4x the contact area. And it’s available with an infinite amount of options (including stiffer option if that’s your concern).

The first stem produced is for classic dropbars (or flat bars), the upcoming 4bolts front end will be for aero bars for example.
Had no idea it was a 4 bolt version coming. Neither that it actually could be made more robust!
I guess it will take a while to get that option (X4 bolts and custom angle, length and stiffness)...
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

C36

by C36

wheelsONfire wrote: I guess it will take a while to get that option (X4 bolts and custom angle, length and stiffness)...
That’s an answer I have no idea about… a mail to them may provide you the details you are looking for.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

how in terms of stiffness compare Darimo Nexum to the ix2 / ellipse combo ?
comparing to the fsa acr the non reinforced ellipse / ix2 is noodly - but the reinforced one is another story, much better.
(i do use mine for uphills only so i dont care that much, neither i am a sprinter type ;-))

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

This looks pretty interesting. I would love to know how much weight this saves. Even as an aero weenie, this might go on the SL7 ...
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:15 pm
wheelsONfire wrote: I guess it will take a while to get that option (X4 bolts and custom angle, length and stiffness)...
That’s an answer I have no idea about… a mail to them may provide you the details you are looking for.
I did send them an email 1 week ago and another a few days ago. But no reply. R2bike says alu X2 is 2-3 months away, so a 4 bolt version and custom on top of that must be minimum 6 months away.
I'd look for a 115mm/ -10 or -12 stem (both angles with a 40mm stem stack height. Heigher stem stack means you'd need a steeper stem angle)
+ a forward offset seatpost (10-15mm)
Now i use a -8/115mm NOS Deda (170g)
A lighter version is a big wish. About 115-130g seems like a resonable ideal weight for stiffness and weight.
Thomson Masterpiece offset (in reverse position 202g) a lighter version carbon is a big yes please...
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com