Pinarello F10 sizing help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

engsohere

by engsohere

DaveS wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 am
Its saddle height that matters - easier to measure than inseam. A 34 inch cycling inseam would be short for your height. Look at stack and reach, not head tube length.
No kidding, Alexander Kristoff is 5'11" with an 80cm saddle height :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

engsohere wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am
DaveS wrote:
Its saddle height that matters - easier to measure than inseam. A 34 inch cycling inseam would be short for your height. Look at stack and reach, not head tube length.
The reach and stack figures are the only real numbers you should be paying attention to when comparing as they should be consistent across all bikes. Assuming you already have a bike, use those reach and stack measurements as a reference and then you should be able to work out if you can make the dogma work.

As someone mentioned above, dogmas have a huge size range so you should be able to make three sizes work for you. One where you're smack in the middle of size range and then either side of that. Depending on how you like to set up your bike and how comfortable you want to be can inform which size to go for. For example, i always try and get the smallest possible size i can get away with because i prefer the handling of a smaller bike.

engsohere

by engsohere

Bobbyc123 wrote:
engsohere wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am
DaveS wrote:
The reach and stack figures are the only real numbers you should be paying attention to when comparing as they should be consistent across all bikes. Assuming you already have a bike, use those reach and stack measurements as a reference and then you should be able to work out if you can make the dogma work.

As someone mentioned above, dogmas have a huge size range so you should be able to make three sizes work for you. One where you're smack in the middle of size range and then either side of that. Depending on how you like to set up your bike and how comfortable you want to be can inform which size to go for. For example, i always try and get the smallest possible size i can get away with because i prefer the handling of a smaller bike.
Yeah, the envie was my project bike until I got my hands on the f10, not to take anything away from it but the envie is like a shelby mustang hertz edition and the f10 blu cepheus huracan. Yes, my lbs have a few 56's but they're all variations of black. I will admit it, when you see a dogma in that sky blue color nothing else will do.

For anyone else thinking about getting it you probably know this thing is heavier than advertised(size 55 claimed raw frame 836g)ImageImage

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

engsohere

by engsohere

I'm looking to sell the F10 but can't find the marketplace forum, has it been removed from this site?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

engsohere wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:19 pm
I'm looking to sell the F10 but can't find the marketplace forum, has it been removed from this site?
viewforum.php?f=5
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

roadiewald

by roadiewald

I never owned a Pinarello but I found an F10 online that I am highly interested in. I am 6'3" with a 98cm inseam (long legs, long arms). I need 88cm middle of crank to top of seat to make it work. Right now I have a 2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 with a 61cm frame. The measurements of the F10 with a 59.5cm frame seem to be very similar. Here is my problem: The seatpost of the BMC is 380mm long and I am just above the minimum insertion. The F10 seatpost is just 350mm long and from what I found online the maximum seat height is 86 or 87cm (different sources). Does Pinarello offer longer seatposts? Are there third party seatposts that fit? Could I make up for the missing 1 to 2cm by getting a different saddle? Any help is highly appreciated as it has potential to become my dream bike. Thanks, guys.
2023 BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO, 61cm
2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three, 61cm

engsohere

by engsohere

wheelsONfire wrote:
engsohere wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:19 pm
viewforum.php?f=5
Thanks for the heads up, it's live now. If I'm not mistaken it's the perfect size for you Image

engsohere

by engsohere

roadiewald wrote:I never owned a Pinarello but I found an F10 online that I am highly interested in. I am 6'3" with a 98cm inseam (long legs, long arms). I need 88cm middle of crank to top of seat to make it work. Right now I have a 2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 with a 61cm frame. The measurements of the F10 with a 59.5cm frame seem to be very similar. Here is my problem: The seatpost of the BMC is 380mm long and I am just above the minimum insertion. The F10 seatpost is just 350mm long and from what I found online the maximum seat height is 86 or 87cm (different sources). Does Pinarello offer longer seatposts? Are there third party seatposts that fit? Could I make up for the missing 1 to 2cm by getting a different saddle? Any help is highly appreciated as it has potential to become my dream bike. Thanks, guys.
Based on my calculations a size 59.5 would provide just enough saddle height with room to spare. The minimum line to the top of the seat post is 260mm. The seat tube is 595mm. Add 45mm from seat rail to top of the saddle (I used a selle italia x-lr saddle for measurement) Max saddle height: 900mm

ImageImage

jwalther

by jwalther

roadiewald wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:46 pm
I never owned a Pinarello but I found an F10 online that I am highly interested in. I am 6'3" with a 98cm inseam (long legs, long arms). I need 88cm middle of crank to top of seat to make it work. Right now I have a 2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 with a 61cm frame. The measurements of the F10 with a 59.5cm frame seem to be very similar. Here is my problem: The seatpost of the BMC is 380mm long and I am just above the minimum insertion. The F10 seatpost is just 350mm long and from what I found online the maximum seat height is 86 or 87cm (different sources). Does Pinarello offer longer seatposts? Are there third party seatposts that fit? Could I make up for the missing 1 to 2cm by getting a different saddle? Any help is highly appreciated as it has potential to become my dream bike. Thanks, guys.
Sent you a pm.
2023 Capitol Bicycles Custom Ti
2019 Felt Breed 30
2013 Co-Motion Supremo when the wife wants to ride

mendieta

by mendieta

Im in same topic, found f10 framesets in size 46.5 and 50 (in stock) , Im 166.5 cm , inseam 78, saddle height 68.3. Anyone here similar with me on f10. From what i read pinarello sizing is different and dont have option for bikefit