Garmin EDGE mount for Bontrager XXX integrated bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toutenhoofd
Shop Owner

by toutenhoofd

I’m wondering if anyone knows where to find a Garmin mount like the one in this image:

I don’t need the bars, I already have a set. But I’m having a really hard time finding a mount like that one. I know about Trek/Bontrager’s Blendr solution but I much prefer the simplicity of this one.

Thanks
Nico
www.cyclingtechnology.com
(NOTE: This poster owns a retail business selling weight conscious bike related products.)

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I tried a mount out of carbon that is a bit smaller than the one pictured. (china noname, maybe 8cm long)

It broke at the mount on the first ride. I had put rubber around the bolt to absorb some vibrations. I cut some pvc "washers" from a pvc tube I had lying around.

Seeing as this pictured one is much longer and only held by one bolt, you will probably have a problem going over bumps.

For best luck with a computer over 50gr I think you should look for a short arm version. Going weight weenie might be a mistake. It needs to be beefy around the bolt because that's where it will snap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Agreed. That mount looks too skinny to work well. I made my own mount out of carbon plate ( thicker than that) and had to beef it up as it vibrated on rough roads.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

My issue with Blendr so far is that the GoPro mounting system doesn’t provide enough clamp force for something with the leverage of an Edge 1030. My 1030 bounces and flexes the long-low mount that I made, rotating it in the GoPro mount. Torquing it down more just breaks the plastic. A knurled interface would fix this.

Konsi

by Konsi

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 am
My issue with Blendr so far is that the GoPro mounting system doesn’t provide enough clamp force for something with the leverage of an Edge 1030. My 1030 bounces and flexes the long-low mount that I made, rotating it in the GoPro mount. Torquing it down more just breaks the plastic. A knurled interface would fix this.
Hello,

Does this mean that all the mounts for the Blendr XXX system are compatible with other GoPro mounts, too, not only with the Bontrager base?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'm not entirely sure about your question, but I'll try to answer it (I have two versions - one on my Madone, one on my Emonda). What the Blendr mount is, is a GoPro type mount that is "integrated" to the bars. On my Madone, it's secured by a fixing bolt under the bars. On my Emonda, it's the 2-mount system for the Pro stems. Either way, the way the interface works is by attaching whatever accessory mount you want to use with a GoPro-style system (three tabs held by a 4mm allen screw).

Here's a photo of the standard mount:

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 am
I had the same problem of having one tilt down over time during each ride... I put some carbon assembly paste between the two mating parts, it never moved again! :thumbup:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I think he is asking if Blendr accessory mounts can be used with non-Blendr bases. The answer is yes, either way. It’s just a GoPro-style mount on both ends.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Yeah, I just re-read it. Blendr is just a standard GoPro mount.

sennder

by sennder

You could post here. WheresWaldo should be able to design something for you.

--Sennder

Konsi

by Konsi

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:52 pm
I think he is asking if Blendr accessory mounts can be used with non-Blendr bases. The answer is yes, either way. It’s just a GoPro-style mount on both ends.
Yes, exactly. I have a stem (Ritchey C220), for which a GoPro-mount exists, and I would like to attach my Garmin on it, so I could use the blendr-Garmin-mount. I will ask in the other thread though if there is a more elegant solution without 3 joints.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

groover08

by groover08

I have this one and it works great: https://www.shapeways.com/product/4WANG ... opro-mount