MyCampy App

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

avispa

by avispa

kwakekeham wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am
avispa wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 am
Ok, I encountered the first drawback. The App can only connect with Garmin Connect for direct uploads of bike data. I'd wish they would include TrainingPeaks and other bike computers such as SRM PC8!!! Grrrrr
Based on your discription it sounds like your problem is that the app can only upload to Garmin Connect and you'd wished they'd include training peaks but then you state "and other bike computers". This sounds like you want the data from your phone (GPS and shifting) to upload to a physical device?
That is correct, the app can only upload/connect to Garmin Connect at the moment. And I wish the app would connect to other cloud systems, ie TrainingPeaks, etc. No uploading to a physical device, but to a cloud system. The issue is the app itself is very confusing in that sense. Look at the attached pictures.
Attachments
IMG_1240.png
IMG_1241.png
MYCAMPY.png

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I deleted my earlier post because I thought you were trying to upload data from the app itself. But it sounds like you just want to get your ride data into the likes of Training Peaks, etc.

In that case like was said, why do you even need the app. For instance, when I finish a ride, using my Garmin 1000... it automatically uploads (via WiFi) the data to Garmin Connect. I have Garmin Connect and Training Peaks synched up so that whenever something gets uploaded to Garmin Connect, it automatically transfers to Training Peaks as well. It’s all very seamless.
But all that has nothing to do with the Campy App. I don’t use it for anything.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

Calnago wrote:I deleted my earlier post because I thought you were trying to upload data from the app itself. But it sounds like you just want to get your ride data into the likes of Training Peaks, etc.

In that case like was said, why do you even need the app. For instance, when I finish a ride, using my Garmin 1000... it automatically uploads (via WiFi) the data to Garmin Connect. I have Garmin Connect and Training Peaks synched up so that whenever something gets uploaded to Garmin Connect, it automatically transfers to Training Peaks as well. It’s all very seamless.
But all that has nothing to do with the Campy App. I don’t use it for anything.
The reason being that it would be nice to have a way to track the use of the actual components from the bikes listed in MyGarage in the Campy app!

In other words, if I use my phone as the tracking device, the app will keep track of that info, but then, I cannot download the info from the app to TrainingPeaks...

You are correct, I can upload the workout data from my PC8 into TrainingPeaks, but tracking the use of the equipment has to be done manually, which is extra work.

I hope you all understand my reasoning now.... phew! Image

mriddle

by mriddle

ok, progress...managed to update all 3 firmware criteria. Off/on/forget device, wait.
Still stuck on 52/36 & 12/29, any further update on how to adjust that in the app?
I only have an Edge 25, so I need to upgrade. Assuming 520 would be best but what other options work with eps to show gear position?

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

joeyb1000 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:21 am
So, I just updated the firmware on my EPS system; but, now my Garmin does not show my gears or battery (but it does say that it’s connected to the EPS interface). Any suggestions?
I solved my problem by re-updating the EPS firmware.

TonyM

by TonyM

mriddle wrote:ok, progress...managed to update all 3 firmware criteria. Off/on/forget device, wait.
Still stuck on 52/36 & 12/29, any further update on how to adjust that in the app?
I only have an Edge 25, so I need to upgrade. Assuming 520 would be best but what other options work with eps to show gear position?
For me it finally showed in the app the real gears (crankset and cassette) when I put the correct crankset and cassette in “my garage” and then linked it to the bike I use. Then the correct chainrings and cassette showed up in the main menu of the “My EPS”

mriddle

by mriddle

Ok, day 3 trying to get the My Campy app V2 to work.
Here’s what I can tell you, it’s a complete piece of shit. To think this is what we have waited 2+ years for is ridiculous and embarrassing.
I have 20 year old interns in my office that can design more STABLE apps than this....
If you’re anxiously looking forward to EPS 12 speed wireless god help you. These Italians will never get all that sorted.
Why buy a new Garmin to indicate what gear I am in when Campagnolo’s app cant even figure it out ?
Shimano is laughing their ass off.

TonyM

by TonyM

mriddle wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:41 am
Ok, day 3 trying to get the My Campy app V2 to work.
Here’s what I can tell you, it’s a complete piece of shit. To think this is what we have waited 2+ years for is ridiculous and embarrassing.
I have 20 year old interns in my office that can design more STABLE apps than this....
If you’re anxiously looking forward to EPS 12 speed wireless god help you. These Italians will never get all that sorted.
Why buy a new Garmin to indicate what gear I am in when Campagnolo’s app cant even figure it out ?
Shimano is laughing their ass off.
Yep the Italian quality is let's say different than the German or Japanese quality... :mrgreen: ...but it is something emotional....LOL...

Does your Garmin now shows the correct gearing (crankset and cassette) at least?
(I had it with the V1 already. So V2 does not add any improvement for me)

mriddle

by mriddle

No sir. Campy is convinced that I have a 52/36 crank and a 12/29 cassette.
I guess that is what they are wanting everyone to buy?
My Garage has 53/39 and 12/27 loaded, erased, reloaded, .......
The app gets locked up on both my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro.
Crazy/shame.

TonyM

by TonyM

mriddle wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:16 am
No sir. Campy is convinced that I have a 52/36 crank and a 12/29 cassette.
I guess that is what they are wanting everyone to buy?
My Garage has 53/39 and 12/27 loaded, erased, reloaded, .......
The app gets locked up on both my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro.
Crazy/shame.
On the V1 app I managed to get the correct gearing by selecting the gears in the Garmin app (settings-sensors-EPS-gears-front/ rear). I could not change it in the app.
So on my Garmin (Edge 820) I could finally see the correct gearing (however the change in the display is quite slow compared to Di2).

On the V2 app I could change the crankset and cassette gearimng by adding "linking" the crankset and the cassette with the bike (the correct crankset and correct cassette were already added as I had the V1 app). In the V2 app I could see all the components and see if they were linked or not. Once they were linked the correct gearing was displayed on the "MyEPS" home screen (for some reasons only the battery could not be linked...). Check if the components are showed as "linked". Click in MyCampy app to the left top menu on settings, then your components will be displayed, and when you click on the crankset and cassette the one you really use (and have added) should be shown and linked (if linked, then yiu have an orange bar on the bottom for "unlinking"). If it is not linked then the bar is green (??) and show "link" which you have to do and assign to a bike that you have created.

BTW, I have the MyCampy app on my iPhone (7) and iPad. And for some reasons it doesn't work well on my iPad.

I hope it will help you (for me the display of the gears is an important feature that I enjoy with Di2)

mriddle

by mriddle

After my ride this morning the app had my crankset and cassette configured properly! Finally... Same here on not being able to link the battery.

Thanks TonyM for all your assistance.

TonyM

by TonyM

Yepp with Campy we definitely need help from other users. Happy that I could help you!

avispa

by avispa

Ok it's been a few weeks of heavy use of MyCampy App V2 and actually have gotten Campy to reach out to me directly and discuss the issues/drawbacks.

I think this is a great step forward and I am very happy Campy is trying to listen to customers and address the problems.

I'll be testing new features with them and will keep you guys in the loop...

kwakekeham

by kwakekeham

The ANT+ shifting profile does not support the system telling the head unit what specific gears you have. So setting 53/39 or 50/34 and if you have a 11-27 or 12-29 doesn't have any effect on what is transmitted on ANT+ via the shifting profile.

The shifting profile only says if you are in 1/2 and 1/11 through 2/2 11/11. It actually goes up to 7 and 31. So all the data says is which numeric gear of how many gears.

For a garmin to know you have to go into the settings on the head unit and set it correctly. This isn't Campagnolo's fault. It's the same problem with SRAM etap and FSA We. Limitation of the old ANT+ profile.

The more limitations I see on this, the more I find that the ANT+ shifting profile needs an update.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Brokerbiker

by Brokerbiker

The App on my iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1 is garbage. I cannot connect and after I did, it looked like it was doing something but the Campy blue and white wheel has now spun for 3 hours. My phone's Bluetooth doesn't even see the device. Great in theory poor delivery for such an expensive EPS V3. No response whatsoever from the developer on the Apple Apps comments I made. I owned an Alfa Romeo once and it was about the same...