MyCampy App

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spookyload

by spookyload

avispa wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:03 pm
spookyload wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:39 pm
Sing able to assign the buttons how you choose and not what their six or eight presets are is what I am hoping for. I would love to see a setup like ETAP. Left controls to move the RD left. Right controls move it right. Both put the chainring in whatever ring it isn’t in.
If you would like a setup like eTap, get eTap! :mrgreen:
You cannot replicate the eTap setup on other groups as this would get into litigation territory with patent infringement, etc. :oops:
The new Di2 etube app lets you assign the buttons however you like. In fact, they will let you do exactly what I am talking about via the app. All campy has to do is let you assign a button to do what you want. Quit generating stupid "sprinter A" and "sprinter B" setups they think you might want. If you can code it to do that, it can be coded to allow any combination of button presses how you like as long as they don't duplicate an action. I'm pretty sure this was in the preview at Eurobike and Interbike last year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

MyCampy App version 2 was finally released today!

I just downloaded and installed it on my iPhone. I’ll report later on any issues... by the initial looks of it, it’s very complete and easy to navigate. But I hope they have a native iPad version! There are many items one can work on now that could be easier to see on a larger screen.

Cheers!

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes finally!
Also downloaded (actually updated). Will see how it works later.

TonyM

by TonyM

The first check of the new app on my SR EPS V3 seems to be ok.

I made the upgrade of the app only on my iPhone first (and kept the V1 of the app on my iPad in case....)

But after a few trials and errors, I was able to have this time in the main menu the correct chainring and cassette in the gearing :thumbup:
Everything seems to work well this time (except the battery which I can't link for some reasons) compared to the V1.

avispa

by avispa

TonyM wrote:Everything seems to work well this time (except the battery which I can't link for some reasons) compared to the V1.
Have you done all firmware updates? Not sure if you can see this unless you are registered as a shop.

My first observations is that the app does connect very quickly to the system, much better than the previous version.

But I'm still tinkering with it to see other functions... I saw that one can even connect to app to a cycle computer, but only GARMIN is the one listed. Hopefully Campy will list others in the future...

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes all updates done (actually I did these with the "old" MyCampy app a few times.

Much faster connection indeed.

kwakekeham

by kwakekeham

There are two profiles.

ANT+ shifting profile -- supported by lots of companies at this point
ANT+ Generic Control Profile (incorrectly called the Edge Remote, because up until really only the "edge remote" used it)

Anyone is free to support either and the EPS system supports both concurrently. It's just that most cycle computers will support the shift profile (wahoo and others) but almost none support the Generic Remote Profile. So Campagnolo can do nothing to increase support here, it's the cycle computer companys you need to poke. The profile also works backwards (the cycle computer is the "Sensor") making it difficult to implement.

According to the thisisant directory the only hardware that supports generic control is edge series, osync's navi2coach and coachsmart. The rest is a few pieces of software from perfpro and bkool.

DI2's private system merged the control profile into their own version of the shifting profile which is how it controls things.

spookyload

by spookyload

Here is the release notes for the firmware
https://mycampy.campagnolo.com/media/fi ... %20ENG.pdf

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

So, I just updated the firmware on my EPS system; but, now my Garmin does not show my gears or battery (but it does say that it’s connected to the EPS interface). Any suggestions?

mriddle

by mriddle

Could all this possibly be anymore complicated to navigate?
I’ve used Campy for 30 years, they’ve completely lost me on this...
95% of the EPS users I know, myself included, have had nothing but problems with all this MYCAMPY app/Garmin BS.
They need to hire someone from Apple. Plug it on and turn it on, everything works great. If you can’t achieve simplicity you are urinating in the wind. Which is what they have been doing for 3 years now. I can’t even get the new version to update over my old version.........

TonyM

by TonyM

joeyb1000 wrote:So, I just updated the firmware on my EPS system; but, now my Garmin does not show my gears or battery (but it does say that it’s connected to the EPS interface). Any suggestions?
It’s working with my Garmin 820 and the new app.

Maybe removing the sensor in the Garmin and adding it again?

TonyM

by TonyM

mriddle wrote:Could all this possibly be anymore complicated to navigate?
I’ve used Campy for 30 years, they’ve completely lost me on this...
95% of the EPS users I know, myself included, have had nothing but problems with all this MYCAMPY app/Garmin BS.
They need to hire someone from Apple. Plug it on and turn it on, everything works great. If you can’t achieve simplicity you are urinating in the wind. Which is what they have been doing for 3 years now. I can’t even get the new version to update over my old version.........
Campagnolo is not really user friendly. With mechanical we could of course find ways to get around. With EPS we are more limited indeed.

avispa

by avispa

Ok, I encountered the first drawback. The App can only connect with Garmin Connect for direct uploads of bike data. I'd wish they would include TrainingPeaks and other bike computers such as SRM PC8!!! Grrrrr

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

. Whoops, post error
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kwakekeham

by kwakekeham

avispa wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 am
Ok, I encountered the first drawback. The App can only connect with Garmin Connect for direct uploads of bike data. I'd wish they would include TrainingPeaks and other bike computers such as SRM PC8!!! Grrrrr
Maybe you can clarify better. First it'd be better to know which way you think the data should flow. Based on your discription it sounds like your problem is that the app can only upload to Garmin Connect and you'd wished they'd include training peaks but then you state "and other bike computers". This sounds like you want the data from your phone (GPS and shifting) to upload to a physical device?

So by uploading to Garmin it actually solves almost all syncronization problems because you can then link garmin connect to Strava, Training peaks, Map my fitness, endomondo, sport tracks and many more. So if you want the data in those places that's the way to do it.

As for on another bike computer, I don't understand but I don't believe its supported by anyone. That's kind of like saying why doesn't my Wahoo Element send it's data to the PC8? Could phrase this the other way... why can't a PC8 send it's files to my Garmin Edge? I don't get the use case.

However, I don't think either is what you're asking. Could you clarify what you want to happen. Why do you want data from another device to go online and them go into another cycle computer?