MyCampy App

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Thought it might be good to have a general MyCampy App going forward (didn't find one in Search), that would just talk about any and all user issues, bugs, etc. I'm currently trying to use the App to configure some things, and just generally want to go through every single feature and try it out for myself, simply to have the experience since there's a lot of folks who like this electric stuff .

I ran into some issues yesterday that led me down a rabbit hole of deleting the software app, disabling bluetooth, resetting my iphone x, wash rinse and repeat... and this morning did a HARD reset on my iphone to see if that might be the problem, reinstalled the app, etc. It still doesn't seem to want to let me add a crankset to the components list... whenever I go to "edit" it, it just kicks me out of the entire app. So, as a first issue... has anyone experienced that before and if so, what was the resolution. I am downloading the app from the Apple App store.

Also, on a more general note, how many of you EPS users are actually making good use of the MyCampy app, for example... changing the default settings in a big way etc? I find that a lot of folks that have this stuff don't have a clue how to use it, or in a lot of cases don't even know what options exist.

Thanks. Would love to hear your experiences, good and bad.
Last edited by Calnago on Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

scb

by scb

I use it to update firmware on EPS v3 on a couple of bikes and that’s about it since it’s so buggy. V2 of the app is supposed to be released the end of June so will keep my fingers crossed on what’s coming (on this and v4 EPS??)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Madone69

by Madone69

My issue with this app is regards the session history which do not show the gearing and time used per gear ratio. it just stopped showing that info. :noidea:

Seedster

by Seedster

The App is the worst part of the EPS V3 experience. I have two bikes with EPS V3 and could initially sync only my protos and now cannot sync either. There have been plethora of reasons given for the issues related to iOS' bluetooth stack and other technical issues. Campy needs to fix it with this long overdue App overhaul they have been promising. I can only imagine the delays are related to their upcoming 12 speed EPS release...

spookyload

by spookyload

I use it to change my shifting from normal to hard. It doesn’t do what I would like it to do, which is allow me to program my RD shifts with just the thumb buttons and FD shifts with the blades...but I have been told V2 of the app will let you setup your shifters how you like. Not just one of the four presets. As for tracking rides and other data, I have Strava and Garmin Connect doing that already. It needs to extract data from there and not want to record on its own.

TonyM

by TonyM

I have just installed the SR EPS V3 on my C60 and all units are now updated (after several tries on my iPhone and iPad the final update of the wireless module was also done).

What I have found:

- You cannot change the crankset and the cassette in MyCampy app. It is set to 52-36/11-29 and no way to change it. :noidea:
Too bad as I really love to see the gear of the cassette on my Garmin when I ride.

- You cannot choose the SR 11 groupsets and components in MyCampy app on the iPhone/ iPad for "My Garage" but you can find them when you use myCampy on the PC "https://mycampy.campagnolo.com/". On the PC all groupsets etc... are available.

spookyload

by spookyload

scb wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:10 pm
I use it to update firmware on EPS v3 on a couple of bikes and that’s about it since it’s so buggy. V2 of the app is supposed to be released the end of June so will keep my fingers crossed on what’s coming (on this and v4 EPS??)
Nope. Not June. As you mentioned. I think it is being held for V4 or possibly Record/Chorus 12-speed. Announced and previewed last August at Eurobike...never seen again. In the computer industry it used to be called vaporware.

TonyM

by TonyM

Actually I don't need the V2 of MyCampy app but I would be happy if they fix the issues with the current MyCampy V1 app :smartass:

Being able to choose the chainrings and cassette would be great fix!
Come on Campy that can't be that difficult.....

spookyload

by spookyload

Sing able to assign the buttons how you choose and not what their six or eight presets are is what I am hoping for. I would love to see a setup like ETAP. Left controls to move the RD left. Right controls move it right. Both put the chainring in whatever ring it isn’t in.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

if you have gamin conect on your phone delete. it higs the blue tooth prevent the my campy app from connecting to your bike. it is a known issue but the work around is delte garmin connect as it is the garmin software that is too agressive trying to connect to everything.
With garmin connect gone from my phone the my campy app works fine now. it not buggy at all.

so the issue many face are not the app as such but the other apps on your ohone except if you have a iphone. IOS changes all the time and app developers find out after the changes happen so it hard to make it work right

scb

by scb

Does anybody have any updates on MyCampy v2 release date? Campy told me if would be released in last month.

spookyload

by spookyload

bm0p700f wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:16 pm
if you have gamin conect on your phone delete. it higs the blue tooth prevent the my campy app from connecting to your bike. it is a known issue but the work around is delte garmin connect as it is the garmin software that is too agressive trying to connect to everything.
With garmin connect gone from my phone the my campy app works fine now. it not buggy at all.

so the issue many face are not the app as such but the other apps on your ohone except if you have a iphone. IOS changes all the time and app developers find out after the changes happen so it hard to make it work right
I have Garmin Connect on my iPhone, and have no issues. I have it set so that it doesn’t run in the background however. I have to manually open it. I only use MyCampy to configure it however. I don’t ride with it active. I have noticed lag on my gear indications on my Edge1030 however when I shift.

avispa

by avispa

spookyload wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:39 pm
Sing able to assign the buttons how you choose and not what their six or eight presets are is what I am hoping for. I would love to see a setup like ETAP. Left controls to move the RD left. Right controls move it right. Both put the chainring in whatever ring it isn’t in.
If you would like a setup like eTap, get eTap! :mrgreen:
You cannot replicate the eTap setup on other groups as this would get into litigation territory with patent infringement, etc. :oops:

TonyM

by TonyM

bm0p700f wrote:if you have gamin conect on your phone delete. it higs the blue tooth prevent the my campy app from connecting to your bike. it is a known issue but the work around is delte garmin connect as it is the garmin software that is too agressive trying to connect to everything.

Can you modify the crankset and cassette in the MyCampy app?

TonyM

by TonyM

OK guys I tried several things and here some GOOD news!: 8)

- Gear combo: I still can't modify the crankset and the cassette in the MyCampy App in My EPS BUT changing the gears in the Garmin unit (Garmin Edge 820 in my case) allows me finally to see the real gears used on my bike ! :thumbup: For that just go in your Garmin, then Settings, Sensor, select the EPS, then go in Sensor details, and then go in Front gears and Rear Gears and change the values to the real crankset and cassette that you have on your bike. Voilà :thumbup:

- Updates: As I connected with My EPS I saw that I had again some updates to perform. Here the way I do it now and it always works.....
- Connect with MyCampy App
- then select one update to perform
- Perform the update
- then go to Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, select the EPS and then "forget this device",
- then turn Bluetooth off
- then turn the EPS off with the magnets arount the battery switch,
- important: wait at least 1 minute
- then restart the EPS by removing the magnets around the battery
- turn the bluetooth of your iphone on
- start the MyCampy App
- connect to the EPS
- type the password (of your EPS interface)
- and do the next update

By doing this for each (!) update it always works. Otherwise I usually get the error that it can't be performed etc....

Ah and finally zero reset of the rear and front derailleurs ....

A little bit time consuming but it works ! :smartass:

I hope it helps others.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com