Mounting clip-ons to aero integrated handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Master-Ti

by Master-Ti

I recently splurged and purchased a pair of aero integrated handlebars, the Ursus Magnus H.01. After a few rides, I find the shape to be just right, but now wish to attach a pair of clip-on bars. My preferred ones are the old Cinelli Spinacci's from the 1990's.

Any ideas on how one could attach clip-ons to the aero flat-topped handlebars? I was thinking about either having a set of clamps machined in aluminum to match the shape of the bars, though I'm not sure the bars would be able to handle the stress. Alternatively, I was thinking of attaching the Spinacci clips onto a computer mount, but doubt this would be strong enough to support the weight and stress of the clip-ons.

Any other ideas? Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Both Canyon and Scott have solutions made by Profile Design that clamp around their integrated bars.
The shape is unlikely to match what you have though and you would need to talk to Ursus about the safety factor before doing anything like that.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

How's your carbon work? Pictured below is a custom set up for a Madone 9 (not my work, but gives a good idea on what is possible.)

Rudi

by Rudi

I know this doesn't help the OP, but this is the best idea I have seen so far. Have bolt holes in the handlebarbar itself to allow the mounting of the aerobar (the matching one from the same brand obviously)

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBSEULTMA ... -handlebar
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

Master-Ti

by Master-Ti

glam2deaf wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:54 am
How's your carbon work? Pictured below is a custom set up for a Madone 9 (not my work, but gives a good idea on what is possible.)
Very interesting! Any ideas on how to learn DIY carbon work?