CAAD12 Disc Build Ideas

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Roel W

by Roel W

As stated earlier: chosse a frame with through axle hubs and flat mount discs. Post mount and quick release (in combination with disc brakes) are outdated and inferior. There are a lot of alloy framsets on the market with through axle and flat mount.
Don't know about the latest iteration CAAD12 but earlier versions had post mountbrakes and quick release hubs.
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
CANYON Ultimate CF SL disc 2018
Instagram @roeleur

AxelBrawn

by AxelBrawn

Thanks for the update Raymond. I bought an ultegra disc CAAD12 on Sat. Picking up Wednesday. Similar colours to yours. I'll post when received. Send me the video when you can. Which wheels did you choose?

Also, seat post upgrade options? Seem to be limited in the 25.4 market?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

RaymondC

by RaymondC

AxelBrawn wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 pm
Thanks for the update Raymond. I bought an ultegra disc CAAD12 on Sat. Picking up Wednesday. Similar colours to yours. I'll post when received. Send me the video when you can. Which wheels did you choose?

Also, seat post upgrade options? Seem to be limited in the 25.4 market?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

https://www.flickr.com/photos/82552336@ ... ed-public/

Awesome enjoy the build, I'm running standard Dale carbon posted chopped off with 10cm in the frame (50 gram saving) try pick up a SAVE post if you can. The wheels are American Classics. I'm struggling to get Zipp 303 NSW disk here in South Africa but will hold back until the System Six launchs.

tomee

by tomee

i just changed my seatpost to a Hylix on my caad12 disc.
came 170g from factory. i chopped it down about 15cm and sits at 145g

managed to get the total bike weight down to 7.5kg
size 52 full di2 with 9170 shifters.
dont think you would save much weight going from post to direct mount calipers. Ive weighed both 785 and 805 calipers which are both around 111g
you would lose more weight going XTR calipers but then you'd have to run banjo connectors.
my wheelset are 24mm carbon rims with cx-ray spokes and WI hubs and come in at just a touch over 1300g

RaymondC

by RaymondC

Update my 54cm Caad 12 is on 7.15 kg.

Swapped out the standard tubes for tubelito's and the Pirelli's for Kenda Valkyrie's 200 gram saving.

Front Skewer swapped out the standard OEM on for the same axle that is used on the CX bikes. 30g saving.
https://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Canno ... _6094.html

Light weight Cork bartape vs OEM "Rubber lizard skin style" 35g saving.

Machined out a top cap from a HIMOD Super Six to fit the Caad12 20g saving.

I'm at the point now where the bike is handling and behaving like a Super Six.