Dogma f8 crack

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

As per title f8 crack on non drive side chainstay,it looks like just the paint but after only half a dozen rides and only 4 months old i would like a replacement.
I have spoken to the shop i bought it from and sent them the pics and they said they will look into it,i persume they need to contact pinarello.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

It looks like residue from where a sticker was removed. Do you need a ridge with fingernail?

TonyM

by TonyM

Doen’t look like a crack to me on that pic.
Can you see the carbon?

markyboy

by markyboy

AJS914 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm
It looks like residue from where a sticker was removed. Do you need a ridge with fingernail?
If you run your fingernail over it you can feel the ridge
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Try wiping it with wd40.

It does look like sticker residue as mentioned above. It even looks like a rectangle with my bad eyes.
Official cafe stop tester

avispa

by avispa

markyboy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm
...f8 crack on non drive side chainstay...
By the looks of the paint quaility on your picture, it almost looks like a Chinese copy! Not sure if what you have is color scheme 685, but that silver surely looks cheap! Do you have a serail number and registered the bike at pinarello.com?
If so, you may be in good luck!

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes now that you have pointed it, the print looks indeed like a sticker and like a Chinese fake Pinarello. The Dogma is certainly the most copied fake bike sold worldwide. If you buy a Dogma you should only buy it from a certified Pinarello dealer!

If it is really a genuine Dogma then the quality of this frame is not really good in terms of paint.

markyboy

by markyboy

avispa wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:34 pm
markyboy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm
...f8 crack on non drive side chainstay...
By the looks of the paint quaility on your picture, it almost looks like a Chinese copy! Not sure if what you have is color scheme 685, but that silver surely looks cheap! Do you have a serail number and registered the bike at pinarello.com?
If so, you may be in good luck!
Yes i have a serial number and yes its been registered with pinarello,the photo is a poor one to be honest as the bike in the flesh is stunning paintwork.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

leandrofresh

by leandrofresh

I would like to see more pictures. Isn't it a chain protector sticker?

Can you hear cracks or noises while you ride?

2old4this

by 2old4this

markyboy wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:14 am
AJS914 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm
If you run your fingernail over it you can feel the ridge
To me, it looks like a crack where two carbon tubes are connected (otherwise, it is just too coincidental to be nearly flat paintcrack perpendicular to the chaintay. :noidea: )

fh8425

by fh8425

IMO it does look like a sticker edge to me. I check mine, it like this

Hope it can help you.

markyboy

by markyboy

Its defo not sticker edge,i have contacted pinarello just waiting to hear from them.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

I had a near identical situation to yours and my LBS did this and the various and distinct sounds yielded by this procedure was enought for them to send the frame back to the manufacturer. They deemed it was cracked and the frame was replaced.

TonyM

by TonyM

Bridgeman wrote:Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

I had a near identical situation to yours and my LBS did this and the various and distinct sounds yielded by this procedure was enought for them to send the frame back to the manufacturer. They deemed it was cracked and the frame was replaced.
Was it a F8? How old and how many Kilometers on it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

TonyM wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 am
Bridgeman wrote:Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

Was it a F8? How old and how many Kilometers on it?
It was not an F8. My frame was within warranty so the replacement went smoothly.